Anybody wanna run away?

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
I've been thinking about just 'running away'...find a place...and just 'be'.

Since I woke up today, I've been sipping on dextromethorphan cocktails; prayerfully wishing nobody walks into my office with anything to say or ask. I'm in a mood to 'downsize' my life - maybe move to alaska; live off the land - find a place where 'success' is measured in terms of securing Heat, Food, Shelter for one's family.

The air is warm today - probably in the mid 60s; but humid. Not a bad day - walking along the breezeway from my office door to gop_jeff's I notice the cloud-filtered sunlight casts a neat glow upon my car, sitting in the parkinglot.

My daughter is growing up too fast. She's already got a 'shape' to her - unlike todlers, whose bodies aren't much more than belly, head, and limbs.

I watched "After the Sunset" last night; Pierce Brosnan, Salma Hyak, and others...I want what they have - those characters...not the $...just the "a certian-said I don't know what." The movie gets a 1.5 out of 5 stars. The ending seemed like "okay, we're out of money, lets find a way to end this thing."

Best line I've read today? "Nothing comes from nothing." isn't that the truth? Nothing ventured, nothing gained...nothing planted, nothing harvested. Nothing invested, nothing returned.

Joz said:
All the time.

I haven't yet figured out if it's a brave person that keeps getting up after being knocked down so many times or if they're just plain stupid.
I mean , if you don't want hit again, just stay down!

But what good is life if you don't try? To say when it's all over, I did my damnedest, I gave it my best shot, I came out the victor.

From Batman Begins:
Alfred Pennyworth said:
Why do we fall, sir? So that we might better learn to pick ourselves up.

-=d=- said:
From Batman Begins:

Was that not the best movie! I saw it this past weekend. Wow.

The main reason I want to run away is because I'm afraid of an imperfect world. I just don't think that I can be the spouse my wife needs.

I have often thought about buying a ticket for a Greyhound bus to Austin, Texas. I saw Matthew McConaughey on TV the other night talking about it and it sounded like a nice place to visit - I love their ranches and national parks. My mom does my banking for me though but I think I can scrape some money together...maybe a rebate check for my cell phone. And I think I have a little money in an old credit union account.

I'll only take about $40 out of the ATM card. I don't want to use my card anymore because my mom would be able to track me down.

So...after all this, I figure I'll take a bath..eat some dinner, then tell my mom I'm going for a jog and plan to run until I'm tired. Instead, I can run a few blocks away to the city library, where I can take a taxi took her to the airport. I'll grab the bus there.

GotZoom said:
Was that not the best movie! I saw it this past weekend. Wow.

The main reason I want to run away is because I'm afraid of an imperfect world. I just don't think that I can be the spouse my wife needs.

I have often thought about buying a ticket for a Greyhound bus to Austin, Texas. I saw Matthew McConaughey on TV the other night talking about it and it sounded like a nice place to visit - I love their ranches and national parks. My mom does my banking for me though but I think I can scrape some money together...maybe a rebate check for my cell phone. And I think I have a little money in an old credit union account.

I'll only take about $40 out of the ATM card. I don't want to use my card anymore because my mom would be able to track me down.

So...after all this, I figure I'll take a bath..eat some dinner, then tell my mom I'm going for a jog and plan to run until I'm tired. Instead, I can run a few blocks away to the city library, where I can take a taxi took her to the airport. I'll grab the bus there.

...then sell your story for half a MEEELYON Dollars!

i wanna run away everyday. then i go to work and visit with some of the customers and make myself feel better. always good to know there are people out there that are more screwed up than you are. then i jsut come home tired, not tired and disgruntled.

Forum List

Back