I hate crows!!!!!!!!

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
I hate crows!

They're obnoxious, loud and start "cawing" in unison outside my bedroom window at 5 in the morning (on weekends, they let me sleep in --- they start cawing at 5:01 instead)

OK.... crows serve a purpose, they eat mice (which I hate even worse than crows).... and ...... well, I can't think of any more redeeming features of crows!

I sometimes work from home and on occassion, they'll congregate on my roof and break out in a cawing frenzy... On at least one occassion, I went out and started throwing rocks at them (I live near some woods, so I don't need to worry about breaking windows)

Right now.... they're out there again.... I think that they're singing "100 bottles of beer on the wall" .... in crow!

I once thought of myself as being a bad person for hating crows, until one day, a lady I work with, who sits on the board of a local conservation center, Ms. Animal Rights, once remarked "I can't STAND crows!!!!!!"..... after that I didn't feel so bad.

Scarecrows are nothing more than the shoulders on which they all congregate to plan the torture of their next round of early morning victims.

Scarecrows don't actually scare anything. They do offer the basis for a good solid nest for more birds, however.

KarlMarx said:
I hate crows!

They're obnoxious, loud and start "cawing" in unison outside my bedroom window at 5 in the morning (on weekends, they let me sleep in --- they start cawing at 5:01 instead)

OK.... crows serve a purpose, they eat mice (which I hate even worse than crows).... and ...... well, I can't think of any more redeeming features of crows!

I sometimes work from home and on occassion, they'll congregate on my roof and break out in a cawing frenzy... On at least one occassion, I went out and started throwing rocks at them (I live near some woods, so I don't need to worry about breaking windows)

Right now.... they're out there again.... I think that they're singing "100 bottles of beer on the wall" .... in crow!

I once thought of myself as being a bad person for hating crows, until one day, a lady I work with, who sits on the board of a local conservation center, Ms. Animal Rights, once remarked "I can't STAND crows!!!!!!"..... after that I didn't feel so bad.
If you live by the woods, get your shotgun and end one of their lives. Then hang it up in a tree or some place that the rest of the crows can see it. They won't come around for a while. A less violent way but more work is to get some trout line and string it up from place to place like tree to tree, tree to house, house to barn. Criss cross it a few times. Six or eight stringers strung out where they congregate will get rid of them. They think it is a trap and won't come around it.

Forum List

Back