Any sites for investment noobs/beginners?

I have a top notch investment service. I hope to have the website up and running tomorrow. I'll provide a link then.

We only sell the best bridges in America.

I may not be using the right terminology, but I can't seem to find any forums for noobs or beginners that want to get into the stock market and investing.

Does anybody know if there are any such forums?

I'm sure you can make rich people richer and yourself poorer....

I save pennies and nickles from the vacuum and fling them in a coffee cup in the cupboard.

I hope this helps.

*note: It takes a looooong time to save enough for a Mcburger.

I may not be using the right terminology, but I can't seem to find any forums for noobs or beginners that want to get into the stock market and investing.

Are you looking to understand investments or are you looking for free stock suggestions?

BTW, my free suggestion is don't even try to dip your toe in options if you are a newbie.

I have a top notch investment service. I hope to have the website up and running tomorrow. I'll provide a link then.

We only sell the best bridges in America.
/——/ I’m looking to buy a bridge linking Brooklyn to Downtown Manhattan, perhaps near Centre Street. I’m thinking I could charge 5 cents a car each way and make a nice living. Please provide link. Do you take PayPal or Bitcoin?

/——-/ But isn’t your advice not to take investment advice from people on the internet, in itself financial advice on the internet?
Nope I'm not telling you to invest or not.

But tell me why would you trust some anonymous internet poster telling you what to do with your money?

But tell me why would you trust some anonymous internet poster telling you what to do with your money?
The idea is to get a lot of points of view, see where the consensus is, and see what can be verified.

Are you looking to understand investments or are you looking for free stock suggestions?

BTW, my free suggestion is don't even try to dip your toe in options if you are a newbie.
That's what's not to do but ur not saying what is what we do. That goes nowhere. imho dipping ur toe in is a great way to start.

That's what's not to do but ur not saying what is what we do. That goes nowhere. imho dipping ur toe in is a great way to start.
If someone doesn't understand the basics of stocks, they shouldn't start with options trading. They are going to end up wasting all their money on premiums.

/——/ I don’t trust anonymous tips. I was being sarcastic with my question. Technically you did give financial advice anonymously on the internet when you advised what sources you should never trust. It was a joke.

If someone doesn't understand the basics of stocks, they shouldn't start with options trading. They are going to end up wasting all their money on premiums.
My bad, I missed the part u brought up about options; my take is that toffeynut's no where near getting into that. The idea of investing is something we'd never want to delay. A person could simply put all his money in a general index fund & 30 years later find that it doubled four times. That's a sixteen-fold increase.

Actually I took several classes in college back in the 80's that taught the basics.

Now investing is doing the exact opposite thing the market is doing. When people are buying you are selling....and when people have sold out you are buying.

In order to do this effectively you are talking about forecasting the future....fortune telling. So...this is possible to an extent but a solid foundation in economics and economic theory is essential....if you fell asleep in economics classes and can barely grasp supply and demand then investing probably isn't for you.

80% of retail investors in single stocks make nothing in the market and actually lose money. And just because you feel special or better than the other more experienced and educated investors provides no real qualifications for being a part of the 20% who are successful.
Remember one other thing... investment advice from brokerage houses can be only moderately passable at best. Usually they only have losing ideas. Same thing with even the analysts. Analysts can be 100% wrong 75% of the time and still have a job and considered to be one of the best in the field.
I gave advice on this forum once for buying coffee...and indeed JO was selling at 52/share....today JO is just shy of 58/share. That's 10% return in a couple of months...not great but not bad either. I'll probably see even more before it's over but...
The axiom holds true...
Lazy Pigs get fed slop and Hogs get slaughtered. Meaning to do your own research and market understanding. When you make your targeted profits get your money off the table.

Forum List

Back