Any interest in the brutally honest story of grampamurkedus life?

Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I've been here long enough and gotten to know quite a few of you. Sadly I have no perspective on you. It's easy to insult and degrade the prison I don't know because I'm behind a keyboard.
I have quite the story to tell. I've often thought about trying to write a book about my life but I'm a hammer & nail kind of guy. If you got a problem in your home I can fix it. If you need a paper written for school, well.....we're both fucked.

Anyhow I'd love to give it a try but I don't want to waste my time if there's no interest.

What say you?

Go for it! Why not go on one of those sites, find a free lance writer, and do a go fund me fundraiser to create a paid gig that covers both your time to invest in a book, and/or a movie? You could be the next best seller waiting to happen! Can't be any worse than 50 shades of grey, that was poorly written yet developed a following and took off. Why not you and your story?

Go for it! Why not go on one of those sites, find a free lance writer, and do a go fund me fundraiser to create a paid gig that covers both your time to invest in a book, and/or a movie? You could be the next best seller waiting to happen! Can't be any worse than 50 shades of grey, that was poorly written yet developed a following and took off. Why not you and your story?
50 shades of grey lol. Never seen it but I hear it's very steamy. While I had my share of flings I don't think they rise to that level lol

what i mean is even if that amateurish stuff took off like it did, don't be shy and underestimate where your story could lead. There is a writing section on here. How about starting a writing group around your story, and see if it comes out as a novel, play or movie script. Is it a drama or comedy? What are 5 events you would build a story around, and you basically have a script.

what i mean is even if that amateurish stuff took off like it did, don't be shy and underestimate where your story could lead. There is a writing section on here. How about starting a writing group around your story, and see if it comes out as a novel, play or movie script. Is it a drama or comedy? What are 5 events you would build a story around, and you basically have a script.

Besides my sex life consists of me being a terrible husband to my first wife. Not the stuff of skinimax unless you ignore the douchebaggery and focus on the "seemingly" good times

Thank you for the vote of confidence but I know nothing about writing. I can barely spell. I just feel like my story is unusual and worth sharing to give a different perspective.
If there's not enough interest in won't bother. I don't wanna bore everyone.

Lol...Darling, does this have anything to do with
what turned into a tithing lecture on the thread
a few days ago, by any chance?

Lol...Darling, does this have anything to do with
what turned into a tithing lecture on the thread
a few days ago, by any chance?
Naw.

Unlike most people when issues come up for me they go just as quick. I can not stand people that harbor hate or resentment. The shit just eats away at you and it's infectious

Thank you for the vote of confidence but I know nothing about writing. I can barely spell. I just feel like my story is unusual and worth sharing to give a different perspective.
If there's not enough interest in won't bother. I don't wanna bore everyone
It shouldn't be a question of whether or not
there are enough people interested...
I always say my life is based on a true story
and I should write a freaking book...lol

If you are interested in telling your story, you should,
regardless of who's interested or not

OT...wtf...the site is acting up again!

There is an audience for every story. If you feel there is a story that means there is a connection to be made. I'm interested in helping you find the right writer or create a team around your story idea.

It could be a radio series. or a novel. Today there are any number of ways to tell a story. How about a graphic novel, is your story visual or verbal?

Does it revolve around a certain cultural setting, like the Deep South or serving in the military.

Can your story be told through dialogue, or is there action involved? This could determine if it would make a better play or movie.

If you want to do a book, there are self-publishing outlets that can charge 5.00 a book in bulk. Lots of opportunities to self-publish. Lots of writers out there looking for work. DesignCrowd and other sites try to match contract work to talented artists and writers bidding on projects. Plenty of ways to do this!

A book.....

Interesting idea. Would require more than 10 minutes of thought. I know I suggested it but I may be in over my head at this point. May need to reassess my thoughts at this point and settle for a few paragraphs.

There is an audience for every story. If you feel there is a story that means there is a connection to be made. I'm interested in helping you find the right writer or create a team around your story idea.

It could be a radio series. or a novel. Today there are any number of ways to tell a story. How about a graphic novel, is your story visual or verbal?

Does it revolve around a certain cultural setting, like the Deep South or serving in the military.

Can your story be told through dialogue, or is there action involved? This could determine if it would make a better play or movie.

If you want to do a book, there are self-publishing outlets that can charge 5.00 a book in bulk. Lots of opportunities to self-publish. Lots of writers out there looking for work. DesignCrowd and other sites try to match contract work to talented artists and writers bidding on projects. Plenty of ways to do this!
I think he was just referring to telling his story here,
but, that info is interesting... maybe I should publish my story

I was born a poor black child.....

Lol...I assumed you were white

Lol...I assumed you were white
I am. That was just a terrible a Steve Martin rendition of a great movie.

Sorry lol.....

Well, don't sit around and sing the blues, tell us your story, ya jerk.

Well, don't sit around and sing the blues, tell us your story, ya jerk.
I need to sober up. If the interest is there I want to share but I'm not gonna lie, I am shitfaced lol. Listening to Genesis and contemplating a trip to the store (on foot of course) for donuts and coffee.

Go for it, Gramps! The writing thing, not the booze.
Hell, make a decision, then go for booze (I know you were shitting us about the donuts!).
We need more people prepared to tell their story, if no-one reads it but your kids/grandkids, they will have an insight into how times change. When I look back on my life, I think young people would be blown away to know how we lived.

Forum List

Back