Anti gunners...guns are not the problem...justice system is...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Well, we just had a hostage situation here in Harvey Illinois. It lasted 21 hours and began as two men invaded a home...with at least one gun...and held 2 women and 6 children hostage...they shot a police officer, and during the 21 hour hostage situation continually raped one of the female hostages....

Now...this is not a gun problem...both men were convicted felons...one of them was a convicted murderer on parole...that's right...he committed murder and was back on the streets...and committed another crime...I know...you're shocked...right?

http://abc7chicago.com/news/bond-set-for-harvey-hostage-shooting-suspects/276389/

The two men who held six children and two women hostage during a 21-hour standoff with police at a Harvey home threatened all of them with guns and sexually assaulted one of the victims, prosecutors said.

Both suspects on parole

Both suspects have an extensive criminal history. Jordan, convicted in the 1990 murder of a Chicago cab driver, was on parole after serving 27.5 years in state prison. He was on electronic home monitoring, but had permission to be out looking for a job until 3 p.m., officials said.

"When he wasn't home at 3:01 p.m., we received an electronic alarm. And we began looking for his whereabouts to try and determine where he was," Tom Shaer, director of communication, IL Department of Corrections, said.

Jordan lives on the same block as the Dixmoor mayor.

"When I found out he lived across the street, it was very disturbing to me," Quinile Hannon said.

Williams was also on parole, but electronic monitoring was not part of his release. His criminal record includes convictions on weapons offenses, hijacking and concealing a homicide.

Soooo...a convicted murderer...who should have been put to death...and another guy with previous illegal weapon charges...committed these crimes...with a gun...which neither of them should have had because it is...illegal....

They did not pass background checks...they did not register their gun...they did not complete the 16 hours of training to carry the weapon concealed, they did not have a valid Illinois FOID card to own the weapon...

Now we get to another point...the police were unable to help these women for 21 hours...they sat outside the home while one of the women was repeatedly raped...while they sat outside...

I don't blame the police for this, they couldn't risk the felons with the illegal gun shooting the hostages....

Now of course, if you are an anti gunner...this is how this should have ended...right? You would not have allowed this woman and her other victims to have a gun to fight off these guys...right? So the ordeal that they endured was exactly as it should have been...right?

Now...riddle me this Batman...if you could go back in time, anti gunners, and you could have given these women a gun to fight off the convicted murderer and his equally violent side kick...would you....or would you refuse to give them the gun because you have an irrational fear of guns?

This is an example of one of the four reasons to own and carry a gun...when the government is unable to protect you from the monsters...

Remember...background checks and gun registration and magazine limits are just as effective as wearing a tin foil hat to reduce gun violence...

This is not a gun problem...this is a failure of the justice system on an extreme level...neither one of these guys should have been free...one of them, at least, should have been dead by lethal injection...but was out on the street...and was still dangerous...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back