OK: Veteran cop kills daughter's black boyfriend. Bond = $825,000.00

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
gfp3xv6cyt6sxs3glpoa.jpg

Bond Set for White Police Officer Who Allegedly Killed Daughter s Black Boyfriend

A judge on Friday set an $825,000 bond for a veteran Tulsa police officer charged in the off-duty fatal shooting of his daughter's boyfriend earlier this month.

Judge Cliff Smith also ordered 54-year-old Shannon Kepler to turn over any firearms in his house to authorities if he were to post bond; not leave Tulsa County unless he had written permission from the court; and make no attempts to contact either his daughter, Lisa Kepler, or family members of the victim, 19-year-old Jeremey Lake.

Prosecutor Steve Kunzweiler sought a bond of $1.5 million for the first-degree murder and shooting with intent to kill charges, telling Smith during a hearing that Kepler planned the shooting and "tried to get away with it" after the alleged crime occurred.

Kepler's defense attorney, Richard O'Carroll, requested bond "under $50,000" for the 24-year police officer, arguing that the state's witnesses were not credible...

...Kepler pleaded not guilty earlier this week in the Aug. 5 shooting death; the case is set for preliminary hearing on Oct. 22. Authorities allege Kepler shot Lake after Lake introduced himself as Lisa Kepler's boyfriend...

The shooting occurred a week after the Keplers kicked daughter Lisa Kepler out of their home. She met Lake at a homeless shelter where Lake was a volunteer and eventually was taken in by Lake's family. According to Lisa Kepler, Shannon Kepler found the two outside Lake's home and confronted them. Lake was attempting to introduce himself to Shannon Kepler when Kepler shot and killed him. "There was no argument," said Lisa Kepler. "I walked away and Jeremey introduced himself and my dad shot him."

Video of the daughter speaking:

Daughter of officers Shannon Kepler Gina Kepler talks about events leading up to boyfriend s murder - KJRH.com

Interesting information from the second link:

UPDATE: Gina Kepler has been suspended with pay on two separate occasions while with Tulsa Police Department.Shannon Kepler has not been the subject of disciplinary action.

The video at the link is set on autoplay and the second video indicates that the mother, Gina Kepler, is now behind bars as well, as accessory to homocide, presumably.

This is what the young man, Jeremey Lake, looked like:

jel2eg2wpood60fefgnq.jpg

He is black. She is white.

In the second video from the second link (if you let autoplay do it's thing), the report also states that after Shannon Kepler shot Jeremey Lake, he also fired shots at his own daughter. If that is the case and the forensics department does it's job, then this will be easy to prove, or disprove. I am not saying it is fact. I am saying it is being reported.

More quotes from the very first link, at the top of the OP:

After the shooting, Lisa Kepler told a newspaper that her parents had kicked her out of their home and taken her to a nearby homeless shelter. She told the Tulsa World after Lake's death that she hoped her parents "rot in prison."

Shannon Kepler had been trying "to protect his daughter, who preferred to live in a high crime area than live in a home with rules prohibiting her from bringing men home at night, some of whom even broke into the Keplerhome," O'Carroll's statement said.

I would really like to say this is not about race, and maybe it is not, but the quote about "high crime area" is well known code-speak among racists for "black".

Shannon Kepler has pleaded "not-guilty":

Shannon Kepler Oklahoma police officer pleads not guilty to killing daughter s boyfriend - CBS News

Strange little quote with that link:

"There is not one credible eyewitness at the scene," O'Carroll said, according to the station. "This is all about politics, and it's ugly."

What kind of politics is he talking about? Hmmmm.....

O'Caroll is Shannon Kepler's attorney.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four things I want to bring up, so rightie racists, hold your fire:

1.) Regardless of race, whether it even plays a role in this, why has Shannon Kepler not been subject to any disciplinary action?

2.) It begs to ask whether the use of social media helped the Shannon Kepler find out the whereabouts of his daughter. Notice the comments from two people right under the facebook page pic. The parents must have found out somehow where she was.

3.) There must be more to this than the Tulsa-PD wants to admit, otherwise, why in the world would Gina Kepler, the mother, also have been arrested?

4.) If those parents loved their daughter so much, why did they throw her out? Was this a "tough-love" kind of thing? What kind of parents throw their own kid out of the house?

Regardless, it is just plain old sad. Sad, sad, sad.

I wonder how many other cops, on-duty or veteran, are going to start going bezerk these days.... just sad.

Any testimony from the officer as to why he shot him? Your post's one-sided without it making it appear you have an axe to grind moreso than are presenting an incident impartially.

• Banned
Any testimony from the officer as to why he shot him? Your post's one-sided without it making it appear you have an axe to grind moreso than are presenting an incident impartially.

Not one-sided at all. The veteran cop has given no testimony (I assume, on the advice of his lawyer), so there is nothing I can report.

It's really that simple.

If you can find testimony, feel free to post it. I couldn't find any, and frankly, suspects don't usually give testimony at this stage yet, 5th amendment and all.

I also have no axe to grind here. But the story comes in very close proximity to the Ferguson story.

Last edited:
"I wonder how many other cops, on-duty or veteran, are going to start going bezerk these days.... just sad."

That's not indicative of someone with no axe to grind.

• Banned
Sure it is. It was just a thought. Feel like disputing today, what?

:D

Every day, it's a discussion site. :) If you just wanna post propaganda and one-sided pov's lease a billboard or take out an ad in a periodical. :)

Are you having a squishy moment, or what? :lol:

It's not propaganda. It's a story of a crime committed and I for one am interested to see how it will end.

The daughter is a whore and deserved to be kicked out if the house. .. :cool:

And your evidence for this?

Or would you prefer Shariah in this case?
Under sharia law the father could have shot both the punk and the slut daughter and the police wouldn't have gotten involved.

Clearly a much better legal system. .. :cool:

Last edited:
Are you having a squishy moment, or what? :lol:

It's not propaganda. It's a story of a crime committed and I for one am interested to see how it will end.

Absent the accuseds' statements or defense explanation it's propaganda.

Actually, the defense explanation is propaganda pure, for not even one piece of actual data was included.

On the other hand, the death of that young man is fact and surely the ballistics have proven that it came from Kepler's gun. That should be obvious to everyone - otherwise, Kepler would not still be in jail right now.

Squish.

The daughter is a whore and deserved to be kicked out if the house. .. :cool:

And your evidence for this?

Or would you prefer Shariah in this case?
Under sharia law the father could have shot both the punk and the daughter and the police wouldn't have gotten involved.

Clearly a much better legal system. .. :cool:

Ja, ja, Allahu Sunni and some such shit. :cool:

I'll remember to bring that up at the next Cabal meeting.

I'm not about to read that entire OP. Give me the readers digest version.!

White veteran cop throws daughter out of house, drives her to a homeless shelter, leaves her for the wolves.
Daughter hooks up with black guy.
White veteran cops shoots black guy while black guy is trying to introduce himself to white veteran cop.
White veteran cop is now in jail with over $800,000 bond. White veteran cop's wife was also arrested as accessory.
The crime happened in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Actually, I think that the vast majority of Righties here in USMB are NOT racist, but the few who are are extremely loud and the other Righties do little to quell it, cuz.... well, you tell me, oh Mad Scientist!!!
It's called "Freedom of Speech".

Polite Speech doesn't need any protection because... it's Polite.

Offensive Speech is the Speech that needs protection.

"Righties" know this and just gloss over such language. "Lefties" have invented Political Correctness in an attempt to curtail or limit a persons' Free Speech Right.

That's why sometimes I'll just be as Offensive as I can, not to Troll, but to enforce Free Speech Rights.

Because "Rights not Asserted are Rights Lost or Taken".

Does that make sense my friend?

Actually, I think that the vast majority of Righties here in USMB are NOT racist, but the few who are are extremely loud and the other Righties do little to quell it, cuz.... well, you tell me, oh Mad Scientist!!!
It's called "Freedom of Speech".

Polite Speech doesn't need any protection because... it's Polite.

Offensive Speech is the Speech that needs protection.

"Righties" know this and just gloss over such language. "Lefties" have invented Political Correctness in an attempt to curtail or limit a persons' Free Speech Right.

That's why sometimes I'll just be as Offensive as I can, not to Troll, but to enforce Free Speech Rights.

Because "Rights not Asserted are Rights Lost or Taken".

Does that make sense my friend?

Uhuh.....

and you do realize that that cheapens both you and your argument, right?

Forum List

Back