Anti gunner wants to ban "Assault rifles" because church shooter used a pistol...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So….this is why we don't trust or respect anti gun extremists….the South Carolina church shooter used a .45 caliber hand gun….so the anti gun extremist in office there wants to ban "assault rifles" a weapon used less often than knives or hands and feet to murder people…..

SC Sen. Pushing Assault Weapon Ban to Prevent Another Charleston Attack - Breitbart

On August 17, South Carolina state senator Marlon Kimpson (D-Charleston) introduced an “assault weapon” ban and numerous other gun controls to prevent another attack like that which occurred at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church on June 17.

It is interesting to note that Dylann Roof allegedly attacked the church with a .45 caliber handgun, rather than an “assault weapon,” and he underwent a background for the handgun in April.

Nevertheless, The State reports that Kimpson wants an “assault weapon” ban, new requirements for reporting lost and/or stolen guns, a gun registration requirement, a gun permitting system, a requirement that gun purchase background checks be done by the state, and a rule that retailers cannot comply with federal law by handing a gun to purchaser if a 3-day FBI background check turns up nothing.

Kimpson does not pretend that Roof avoided a background check. Instead, he claims that Roof only passed a check because of “errors in the background-checking system” and a “three-day loophole.” These are the very same claims Moms Demand Action is making in their campaigns against retailers like Cabela’s, Gander Mountain, and Sportsman’s Warehouse. But whether the claims come from Kimpson or Moms Demand, they are equally false.

So…..he couldn't care less about the criminal who murdered those people……he just wants to take the opportunity to ban as much as he can…..in this case he wants to set up future bans and confiscation with the registry.

And again…can one of you anti gun extremists tell me what a permit system does?

If a criminal is caught committing a crime with a gun, they can be arrested, no permit needed…right?

If a felon is caught in possession of a gun at home or on their person, they can be arrested right then and there…..no permit needed…right?

So the permit is just meant to hassle peaceful, law abiding gun owners….it does nothing to stop gun crime or stop mass shooters…

So you tell me…what is the point of a permit system?

Last edited:
Most mass shooters sent signals BEFORE they murdered. The effort should be in reading the signals and dealing with the deranged BEFORE they kill. Liberals would rather have mass shootings than go down that line.

Greg

upload_2015-8-19_8-40-3.png

Most mass shooters sent signals BEFORE they murdered. The effort should be in reading the signals and dealing with the deranged BEFORE they kill. Liberals would rather have mass shootings than go down that line.

Greg

Many have. The CO theater shooter was threatening his psychologist.

Anti gun loons start with "I hate guns! I hate guns! I HATE GUNS!!!!!" and try to work backwards from there.
All they manage to do is help prove the premise that they can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Forum List

Back