Another Trump Lie, He Tells Senators to Turn Their Backs on Millions of Americans

Trump said during his campaign he would fight to repeal Obamacare and replace it with health care that would be better for everyone, and that no one would lose their insurance. Now with him seeing that it was much easier to say than do, he's telling Senators to repeal it now, leaving millions of Americans without health care, and replace it later. What a lying piece of shit he is, thankfully there are enough Republicans in the Senate that will not let that fly. Now who still thinks he will get re-elected? He just told millions of Red state voters that have recently come to their wits on how important Obamacare is to them, and Trump just told them he doesn't care.

""If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now, they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!" Trump wrote in a Twitter post."

Trump to Senate Republicans: kill Obamacare now, replace later
Actually, I've been saying that for months. Repeal it and let the chips fall where they may. If the private sector is so great, let the people see it in action. Repeal is what the Republicans really want--so DO it already or give it up!

Repeal is not going to return us to private sector market forces in health care. There is still far too much interference from the government and third parties.

I've seen this line of thinking over and over.
There is no market in certain parts of the country. There are entire regions of rural America, multiple counties, where almost half of the market for the regional health center is Medicaid. There's not enough of a market for barely one payer let alone competition among many. This is why you see payers pulling out of the exchanges serving these areas.
This is also why these rural hospitals and clinics will disappear if Medicaid is cut as significantly as they are planning.

Trump said during his campaign he would fight to repeal Obamacare and replace it with health care that would be better for everyone, and that no one would lose their insurance. Now with him seeing that it was much easier to say than do, he's telling Senators to repeal it now, leaving millions of Americans without health care, and replace it later. What a lying piece of shit he is, thankfully there are enough Republicans in the Senate that will not let that fly. Now who still thinks he will get re-elected? He just told millions of Red state voters that have recently come to their wits on how important Obamacare is to them, and Trump just told them he doesn't care.

""If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now, they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!" Trump wrote in a Twitter post."

Actually, I've been saying that for months. Repeal it and let the chips fall where they may. If the private sector is so great, let the people see it in action. Repeal is what the Republicans really want--so DO it already or give it up!

Repeal is not going to return us to private sector market forces in health care. There is still far too much interference from the government and third parties.

Absolutely! I miss the good old days, when I used to work for an insurance company in Dallas in the 1970's that sold individual cancer insurance polices to people. Due to fine print limitations, only 25% of the premium went to pay cancer claims. The agent who sold it got 50%, and the other 25% was for the company's administration costs and company profit. Gotta love the free market!

If you can't afford Healthcare I could give a rats ass. If you can't afford it, neither can I :fu:

-Geaux

There are situations where you don't have access to health care like it was in the past. Before as a full-time college student, like when going to The Ohio State University, if I wasn't part of my families health plan I could get one as a college student through the University, and even at Universities that didn't have a hospital or med school you could get health insurance plans through the college as part of their HMO or group plan. They don't have that anymore, so the only way for a person like me that is over 26 and a full time student is through Obamacare. And if they get rid of Obamacare that means A LOT more people will lose insurance that are college students because it will get rid of the ability for students to stay on their parents plans until age 26.

There are a lot more circumstances where people get health insurance other than the 35 year old guy that doesn't work and sleeps on his parents couch all day and then goes out all night doing drugs.

Current plan in the Senate does not eliminate the coverage for family members up to 26

-Geaux

You don't get it, Trump is now saying if they can't pass a replacement, then to repeal Obamacare and leave people with nothing, until they do finally find a replacement.

You do realize only 4% of the population rely on Obamacare right?

-Geaux

No, I don't please enlighten me.

This isnt going to work without FORCING everyone to cough up a shitload of money to subsidize the people AND subsidize the insurance companies. Single Payer
More entitlements
More govt regulations
More govt failure
more robbing from the middle class
GO MURICA
Just get it over with already.
The republican health care plan also subsidizedizes insurance companies, you pathetic idiot

If you can't afford Healthcare I could give a rats ass. If you can't afford it, neither can I :fu:

-Geaux

There are situations where you don't have access to health care like it was in the past. Before as a full-time college student, like when going to The Ohio State University, if I wasn't part of my families health plan I could get one as a college student through the University, and even at Universities that didn't have a hospital or med school you could get health insurance plans through the college as part of their HMO or group plan. They don't have that anymore, so the only way for a person like me that is over 26 and a full time student is through Obamacare. And if they get rid of Obamacare that means A LOT more people will lose insurance that are college students because it will get rid of the ability for students to stay on their parents plans until age 26.

There are a lot more circumstances where people get health insurance other than the 35 year old guy that doesn't work and sleeps on his parents couch all day and then goes out all night doing drugs.

Current plan in the Senate does not eliminate the coverage for family members up to 26

-Geaux

You don't get it, Trump is now saying if they can't pass a replacement, then to repeal Obamacare and leave people with nothing, until they do finally find a replacement.

-Geaux

Keep in mind there are roughly 321 Million people in America.

-Geaux
==============

How Many People Has Obamacare Really Insured?

Goldman Sachs estimates that total coverage under the ACA increased by 13 to 14 million last year and may have increased by another 4 million during the first five months of 2015, for a total coverage increase of 17 to 18 million combined. At a top line, this coincides with the figure from RAND, which estimated that there were 22.8 million newly insured people since the launch of the ACA. At the same time, 5.9 million people lost coverage. This comes out to a net gain of 16.9 million lives.

-Geaux

And more to back that a very minor minority benefit from ACA

-Geaux
==========

Liberals are notorious for caring about “groups” of people, but when it gets down to individual persons, not so much. You’re about to see this play out in spades as Democrats cry crocodile tears over the coming repeal of Obamacare.

You hear it over and over again: “This will be catastrophic for the 20 million people who were previously uninsured but now have coverage! You can’t take away their health care!”

First of all, no one is talking about doing that. Any repeal legislation will have a transition period for those who got coverage through Obamacare to move to new plans. And second, they will have more choices and better options. Win. Win.

But liberals would rather focus on quantity, how many millions we’ve given something to, versus quality, what does that “gift” mean for individual people.

Americans need an alternative to the mainstream media. But this can't be done alone. Find out more >>

The Obama administration claims 20 million more Americans today have health care due to Obamacare. But that is based on six years of survey data, not actual sign-ups. The reality is that when you look at the actual net gains over the past two years since the program was fully implemented, the number is 14 million, and of that, 11.8 million (84 percent) were people given the “gift” of Medicaid.

Why Obamacare's ‘20 Million’ Number Is Fake

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux
==============

Goldman Sachs estimates that total coverage under the ACA increased by 13 to 14 million last year and may have increased by another 4 million during the first five months of 2015, for a total coverage increase of 17 to 18 million combined. At a top line, this coincides with the figure from RAND, which estimated that there were 22.8 million newly insured people since the launch of the ACA. At the same time, 5.9 million people lost coverage. This comes out to a net gain of 16.9 million lives.

-Geaux

This year there was a record number of people that signed up despite Trump pulling the ads for enrollment that were already paid for.

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux
==============

-Geaux

This year there was a record number of people that signed up despite Trump pulling the ads for enrollment that were already paid for.

OK, then what percentage of Americans rely on ACA?

-Geaux

This isnt going to work without FORCING everyone to cough up a shitload of money to subsidize the people AND subsidize the insurance companies. Single Payer
More entitlements
More govt regulations
More govt failure
more robbing from the middle class
GO MURICA
Just get it over with already.
The republican health care plan also subsidizedizes insurance companies, you pathetic idiot
No shit asshole. Thanks for your contribution

I'm a democrat, so I see no particular point in shredding Gueaux's totally erroneous post above. First of all, the republicans want no feedback, participation, or advice on the health plan they taped together this week out of ACA rejected provisions. Second, they can not even get their act together enough to vote on it, in spite of the fact that they control both houses of congress, so it would be like arguing with someone about what would have happened if the South had won the civil war.

-Geaux

-Geaux
==============

-Geaux

-Geaux

You also have to understand that the number of people taking advantage of Obamacare is stunted by the fact that several Republican governors did not take advantage of Medicaid expansion.

-Geaux

-Geaux
==============

-Geaux

-Geaux

You also have to understand that the number of people taking advantage of Obamacare is stunted by the fact that several Republican governors did not take advantage of Medicaid expansion.

Waiting

-Geaux

-Geaux
==============

-Geaux

-Geaux

Waiting

-Geaux

Waiting on what? Because of Obamacare, the uninsured rate in the U.S. is below 9% the lowest EVER in the history of the country.

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux
==============

-Geaux

No, no, no you said 4% were on obamacare. I don't want to see any damn links on how many signed up. I want to see you prove only 4% are on obamacare since it's the law of the land.

-Geaux

-Geaux
==============

-Geaux

-Geaux
Anyone that has a compliant plan, individual and group.

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux
==============

-Geaux

No, no, no you said 4% were on obamacare. I don't want to see any damn links on how many signed up. I want to see you prove only 4% are on obamacare since it's the law of the land.
How can there be only 4% when 22 million will lose coverage under republican plans.

-Geaux

-Geaux
==============

-Geaux

-Geaux
Anyone that has a compliant plan, individual and group.
NO one EVER lost coverage.

-Geaux

-Geaux
==============

-Geaux

How can there be only 4% when 22 million will lose coverage under republican plans.

There can't. Obamacare is ACA neither one had to go through an exchange to sign up. Encompasses group and individual insurance. Exchanges are for subsidies. Then you have the ones on Medicaid in the expansion states.

Forum List

Back