Another Stimulus Package

You fail to see how the government spending, according to the article I read, $150 billion on top of the $850 billion they spent two weeks ago is a bad thing?

David, I don't think your question was rhetorical, but it sailed over the heads of most here.

and people laughed at me when i said this would end up over a trillion

It was over a trillion a few weeks ago. The day the House defeated the bailout bill the Fed went ahead and made $690 billion available for banks anyways.

David, I don't think your question was rhetorical, but it sailed over the heads of most here.

I don't think it sailed over my head. He basically asked, if all these big corporations are getting bailed out why shouldn't he get a slice of the pie? The answer is that he's not getting anything from that bailout, he'll be getting money from a separate stimulus package. Which will put us further in debt, which is not a good thing.

It was over a trillion a few weeks ago. The day the House defeated the bailout bill the Fed went ahead and made $690 billion available for banks anyways.
well, i had said "trillions" and was laughed at

not looking so funny anymore

well, i had said "trillions" and was laughed at

not looking so funny anymore

You were 100% correct, and I think we'll both agree that this stimulus will probably not be the end of the government spending billions in the hopes to "save" the economy.

You were 100% correct, and I think we'll both agree that this stimulus will probably not be the end of the government spending billions in the hopes to "save" the economy.
when they started out at $700 BILLION its not to hard to see it tripple

You fail to see how the government spending, according to the article I read, $150 billion on top of the $850 billion they spent two weeks ago is a bad thing?

On top of the 1 trillion they spent prior to the $850 billion? On top of the 10 tirllion national debt we had BEFORE the crisis started? Do you really think $150 billion is going to matter in the here and now when we've reached $20 trillion in debt? No. But the economy needs a boost to increase spending and save this holiday season.

Seriously, if you had a check for $750 this November, wouldn't you spend it? Maybe you'd put it in a money market and let it aquire interest.. either way, someday you'd spend it. Millions of other Americans will spend it. They'll buy a more expensive gift perhpas, or instead of raking up credit card debt, they'll actually use the cash from the check to buy a gift this holiday season.

you have that much of a markup?
what do you sell?

It's not a markup, I sell subscriptions at what it costs me to print and mail the magazines. I'd rather lose money and gain subscribers and income this holiday season than keep my prices the same and hope for the best.

On top of the 1 trillion they spent prior to the $850 billion? On top of the 10 tirllion national debt we had BEFORE the crisis started? Do you really think $150 billion is going to matter in the here and now when we've reached $20 trillion in debt? No. But the economy needs a boost to increase spending and save this holiday season.

Seriously, if you had a check for $750 this November, wouldn't you spend it? Maybe you'd put it in a money market and let it aquire interest.. either way, someday you'd spend it. Millions of other Americans will spend it. They'll buy a more expensive gift perhpas, or instead of raking up credit card debt, they'll actually use the cash from the check to buy a gift this holiday season.

Yeah, fuck it. let's have THIS one, and 5 more. And THEN, that's it. No more after that. Ok, 6, but I swear that's the last one.

Yeah, fuck it. let's have THIS one, and 5 more. And THEN, that's it. No more after that. Ok, 6, but I swear that's the last one.

I think Americans need stimulus packages until our economy goes positive again. If that's every quarter, so be it.

I think Americans need stimulus packages until our economy goes positive again. If that's every quarter, so be it.

By that thinking they'll never stop giving out stimulus packages then, because the stimulus packages are part of the problem.

I think a second stimulus package signals to these corrupt institutions and states that its ok to do what they do, the US will bail them out.

I think states should prove their savings to receive aid. Peter King mentioned this on WOR 710 AM today. It doesn't seem right that they get to be bailed out for the deficits that created- however, I know that a second stimulus would be beneficial to me and you.

We cannot keep bailing out though

Forum List

Back