Another Stimulus Package

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Paulie, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,393
    Bloomberg.com: U.S.

Here's the best part:

LOL. Like the other one he signed wasn't the SAME BULLSHIT?

Are any of you people actually still falling for this political crap?

Have we seen jobs rise since the last stimulus package? Was it not an affront to fiscal responsibility? Have ANY of these "stimulus packages" or bailouts been fiscally responsible, or create jobs??

Who's more retarded this election year, the politicians or the voters? I suppose we'll see.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    In his defense it might have been Bush's way of making sure and effort is made to focus on job creation in the middle of all the other bullshit but who is more retarded ? The voters--by a long shot.

3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,393
    But why defend him NOW, when he didn't seem to care about ANY of that when he signed all the OTHER bullshit this past year?

I mean, none of what he seems to be concerned about on THIS proposal ended up that way on any of the others he signed. They were all horrible fiscal decisons, and we've only LOST jobs since this whole mess started to become mainstream, let alone while it was all still a dirty little secret.

Not another DOLLAR thrown at this mess is going to be well spent, or create jobs for the masses.

4. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,085
    No dollar from the government can create jobs because the government cannot create jobs.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Look--no one can figure out what or why someone happens to be doing something now that they didnt do a year ago. There a lot of simple alternatives that are possible. I hate it went pure speculation gets twisted into the truth. And the truth is we have no clue what the rreasoning behind all this is.
    If you against it , fine but making up reasons that you are against it is pushing it. Isn't there enough solid evidence you can use ?

6. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,354
    I see a complete collapse coming. We're broke, trillions in the hole, and our only answer is to throw more money that we don't have to fix the problem? Seriously, this is twilight zone stuff.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yes it is. More scary, some top economists fear that pumping all this money, first the US, now G20, will cause hyperinflation down the road. It could get much worse.

8. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    We will be fine.

We just need to reregulate the markets, get out of Iraq, and reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

9. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,393
    I rarely waste my time bashing any particular politician, but this is one time where I'm not going to remain silent and give Bush a free pass. He contradicts himself every single day and the only ones losing are the have-nots.

I suppose we might as well take what we can get, and if he chooses not to sign this if it makes it to his desk, then great. But if recent history proves anything, it will be conjured up between both sides so that both of their interests are recognized, and we will still ultimately get another 100+ billion dollars being thrown into the fire.

It's getting to be INSANE. Everyday you hear about another COUPLE HUNDRED BILLION that someone wants to throw at this. We're literally witnessing Washington completely lose its mind. I mean, if it hadn't already, we're watching the last bit of sanity that may have been left in Washington just completely disappear.

Someday soon we're all going to standing around, broke, starving, with fucking perplexed looks on our faces, wondering why we didn't we do something to stop this when we had the chance.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    And the tooth fairy watches over all while they sleep. Go to bed junior.