Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

I worked a case in Hahira, Ga. years ago where a man had a property dispute with his neighbor. Neighbor was weed eating out by the road and the elderly neighbor thought he was on his property. Elderly man attempts to stop man with the weed eater and man with weed eater attacks him with the weed eater. Man being attacked had injuries and died of a heart attack.
We need a 3 day waiting period on weed eaters. Drive way weeds can wait 3 days.
when weed eater attacks because one of the leading causes of violence in the nation we can have that discussion.

By your logic, we'll have to discuss outlawing a lot of things...

Cause of death, Count, % of children

Motor vehicle 4,550 46.2%
Drowning 2,102 17.4%
Fire/burn 482 10.6%
Suffocation 250 5.5%
Pedestrian, Other 145 3.2%
Other Land Transport 144 3.2%
Fall 98 2.2%
Poisoning 81 1.8%
Natural/ Environment 73 1.6%
Firearm 72 1.6%
Other Transport 68 1.5%
Struck by or Against 67 1.5%
Other Spec., classifiable 62 1.1%

Center for Disease Control, 2001, All Races, Both Sexes, Ages: 1-14
apparently sarcasm is lost on some people.

Ah, yes. The typical LOLberal knee jerk to having a shooting take place in victim zones.

Tell us more of how criminals who weild fire arms will obey the law? And how disarming the people will lead to less acts of gun violence by criminals who do not obey the law. Tell us all about it.

Ah, yes the typical moronic defense of the Second Amendment. 20 killed, some kids in the latest report, and a gun nut - likely an NRA supporter - focuses solely on his rights. What rights do the victims have (or had) and what of their parents, their siblings, other students, the school staff, journalists and first responders?

You sit safely and immune to the carnage behind your keyboard and defend your right to own a weapon and argue that this right cannot be infringed. Well, as long as gun nuts like you, and the NRA refuse to come to the table and find a safe and sane compromise on some form of gun control carnage will continue to occur. Even if 'you' came to the table it's likely such horrific events will continue to take place.

But don't sweat it, you're safe, sitting at your keyboard and never needing to see the physical consequences of murdered children or watch the grief of their parents and siblings, grandparents and school chums.

Isn't it time to take out that hand gun you own and clean it, fondle it lovingly and thank the founders for giving you the right to own a tool capable of killing other human beings?

Why do you think guys like this choose schools or theaters, could it be they know they won't be opposed. Creating gun free zones (free kill zones) are part of the problem. Having responsible armed citizens any where and every where would be a deterrent for these types of incidents. I have a CHL and pray I never find myself in a position where my gun would be needed, but I would not hesitate to protect myself or others if the situation called for it.

Do you have any evidence that shooters choose a primary school or movie theater for the reason "they won't be opposed"? Isn't this comment simply an effort to claim everyone should be armed?

I don't have any answers; what I do know is the proliferation of guns in our society is a problem. That the gun nuts won't even acknowledge that guns are a problem is outrageous.

PS What is also outrageous and disgusting is that elected officials - of both parties - don't have the balls to put this issue on their radar. Any elected official who won't take the issue of the proliferation of gun is not a leader - for their sole concern is their own reelection.

Last edited:
Hate to tell you folks but it was not the gun that will be charged with murder in this case.
Why not?
Because a PERSON killed these kids.
Gun control would not have stopped this guy. Criminals have guns and CT has strict laws NOW.

Who gives a shit?

This is America. If you want a handgun, shotgun or AK-47 to shoot your way to glory you are welcome to it

We almost have a gun for every man, woman and child in America.....why are we surprised when they are used?

And yet so few of them are misused, explain that. A child is more likely to be beaten to death by a caretaker or be killed by a plastic bag or bedding, than a person with a gun.

Last edited:
I worked a case in Hahira, Ga. years ago where a man had a property dispute with his neighbor. Neighbor was weed eating out by the road and the elderly neighbor thought he was on his property. Elderly man attempts to stop man with the weed eater and man with weed eater attacks him with the weed eater. Man being attacked had injuries and died of a heart attack.
We need a 3 day waiting period on weed eaters. Drive way weeds can wait 3 days.
when weed eater attacks because one of the leading causes of violence in the nation we can have that discussion.

Drowning 2,102 17.4%
Fire/burn 482 10.6%
Suffocation 250 5.5%
Fall 98 2.2%
Poisoning 81 1.8%
Firearm 72 1.6%
Other Transport 68 1.5%

If motor vehicles are a leading cause of death, maybe we should pass laws requiring licensing, making cars safer, banning people from driving, making roads safer....Wait, we are already doing that

But try to make gun violence less likely and you are not a real American

The bottom line is enforcement and judicial. Until such time the commission of a crime with a firearm is punishable by death, not life in prison, this issue will remain unresolved. Regardless of all the gun control legislation one can pass this will never address the simple issue that if a person wants to obtain a firearm and commit a crime they will do so. Legislation only applies to the law abiding citizens who are not the person(s) committing violent crimes. The issue that confronts this country is the liberal belief that you simply tamper with the constitution, pass a law, and expect the outcome to solve the problem.

The one glaring fact that some have addressed is that these very people committing these heinous crimes are so sick and twisted thay lack the mental capacity and courage to kill themselves and elect to have law enforcement end their lives.

Taking guns away from people who follow the law isn't going to solve the problem with criminals.

The solution is more security guards in places that get attacked, like the mall, schools, etc. Also, metal detectors to enter schools.

Entering a school isn't a right, you need to prove you are a worker, student, parent, etc with legit business in the school and you aren't carrying a knife, gun, bomb.

Someone could kill kids in a school with a knife, banning guns doesn't prevent someone killing with a knife or even blowing up the school with a car/truck bomb.

Ah, yes the typical moronic defense of the Second Amendment. 20 killed, some kids in the latest report, and a gun nut - likely an NRA supporter - focuses solely on his rights. What rights do the victims have (or had) and what of their parents, their siblings, other students, the school staff, journalists and first responders?

You sit safely and immune to the carnage behind your keyboard and defend your right to own a weapon and argue that this right cannot be infringed. Well, as long as gun nuts like you, and the NRA refuse to come to the table and find a safe and sane compromise on some form of gun control carnage will continue to occur. Even if 'you' came to the table it's likely such horrific events will continue to take place.

But don't sweat it, you're safe, sitting at your keyboard and never needing to see the physical consequences of murdered children or watch the grief of their parents and siblings, grandparents and school chums.

Isn't it time to take out that hand gun you own and clean it, fondle it lovingly and thank the founders for giving you the right to own a tool capable of killing other human beings?

Why do you think guys like this choose schools or theaters, could it be they know they won't be opposed. Creating gun free zones (free kill zones) are part of the problem. Having responsible armed citizens any where and every where would be a deterrent for these types of incidents. I have a CHL and pray I never find myself in a position where my gun would be needed, but I would not hesitate to protect myself or others if the situation called for it.

Do you have any evidence that shooters choose a primary school for the reason "they won't be opposed"? I suspect this comment is simply an effort to claim everyone should be armed.

I don't have any answers; what I do know is the proliferation of guns in our society is a problem. That the gun nuts won't even acknowledge that guns are a problem is outrageous.

Join the NRA and educate yourself on the topic. Guns in the wrong hands can't be rectified by taking them out of responsible hands. And gun aficinados don't deny that guns can be misused. Renegade cops have misused their weapons to kill. Want to disarm all the police because of a few.

Last edited:
Another wingnut jumping at the chance to politicize a tragedy.

Well done, Grampa Douchebag.

Wanting to protect the kids is so douche baggish of me......

No. It's your chronic diarrhea of the mouth acting up again.

You were the first idiot out of the gate to post this story and you added your moronic statement.

10 Children are dead.

Take your meds and call the nurse to change your diapers. I suspect that all the talking out your ass has made quite a mess.

The much needed discussion on gun-control.

Yes?

They aren't decreasing, their increasing. In both frequency and verocity.

An elementary school...that's a new low.

And BTW, the answer ain't arm everyone...we're not going back to the cowboy days of the wild, wild West.

Gun control is not the answer. I do not mean to impune these atrocities in any way, but sometimes "shit happens". I hope I never live in a world where EVERYTHING can be controlled, the good, the bad or the ugly.

actually that shit happens mostly just in america, cause you dont have gun laws and the rest of the free world does

Oh, Hai there!

norwayshootercropped.jpg

Hate to tell you folks but it was not the gun that will be charged with murder in this case.
Why not?
Because a PERSON killed these kids.
Gun control would not have stopped this guy. Criminals have guns and CT has strict laws NOW.

Who gives a shit?

This is America. If you want a handgun, shotgun or AK-47 to shoot your way to glory you are welcome to it

We almost have a gun for every man, woman and child in America.....why are we surprised when they are used?

And yet so few of them are misused, explain that. A child is more likely to be beaten to death by a caretaker or be killed by a plastic bag or bedding, than a person with a gun.

That is comforting

Not sure if this is all factual but:

It is being reported the now dead gunman is in his 20s, was buzzed in, was wearing camo pants and was heard arguing with someone before he started walking from classroom to classroom shooting. Reports are an entire kindergarten class was gunned down.

Drowning 2,102 17.4%
Fire/burn 482 10.6%
Suffocation 250 5.5%
Fall 98 2.2%
Poisoning 81 1.8%
Firearm 72 1.6%
Other Transport 68 1.5%

If motor vehicles are a leading cause of death, maybe we should pass laws requiring licensing, making cars safer, banning people from driving, making roads safer....Wait, we are already doing that

But try to make gun violence less likely and you are not a real American

If you make it so anyone not a felon or a mental case (proven
0 can walk into a DMV after the age of 18 and get a gun liscence, and be able to carry one on the street I would be all for it.

Uh, a trained person shooting back would either wound, kill or scare off the shooter before the police get there some 10-30 minutes later.

Someone having no threat against them while the police drive to the scene gets to kill as many people they want until they run out of bullets.

You people need to stop with the hyperbole. Arming teachers is not a solution. Gun control is not a solution either.

Who gives a shit?

That is comforting

There RW goes again. See how he ignores what you asked him?

"And yet so few of them are misused, explain that."

This is what he did all day yesterday on this thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/267428-watching-boehner-news-conference-now.html#post6489934

Thanks for doing it yet again...twice today alone. :clap2: It's what he does on EVERY thread.

rightwinger = ZERO credibility.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back