another reason this never Trumper likes what he hears from Trump. I am re evaluating

Trump <yuck> said something marvelous today.. He spoke in favor of term limiting congresscriters. I have been in favor of this forever.

Congresscriters sticking to the public teat like ticks have botherd me forever. This goes for republicans like McCain as well as Democrats like Kennedy. 20 years and done is a good way of getting new blood into the halls of congress.

They have been talking about this for 100 year...total bullshit. Just red meat to the masses.

Personally I find term limits to be a terrible idea. Who am I to tell someone else they cannot vote for someone they think is doing a great job...very statist to me.

We were given a way to limit terms, it is called elections every two years. That our citizenry has gotten too lazy and stupid to vote people out of office does not in my opinion justify taking away the liberty to vote for whom you want.

Outside of an actual amendment to the constitution, i could never support such a thing

Trump <yuck> said something marvelous today.. He spoke in favor of term limiting congresscriters. I have been in favor of this forever.
It was one of his campaign promises, so you can take it to the bank that he will fight to make it happen

The only way to make it happen is a new amendment. SCOTUS already found them to be against the constitution.

It was one of his campaign promises, so you can take it to the bank that he will fight to make it happen

The only way to make it happen is a new amendment. SCOTUS already found them to be against the constitution.
The reason SCOTUS found them to be against the constitution is because if they ruled in favor of it. they knew they were next. Life time appointments should be against the constitution

Congresscriters sticking to the public teat like ticks have botherd me forever. This goes for republicans like McCain as well as Democrats like Kennedy. 20 years and done is a good way of getting new blood into the halls of congress.

They have been talking about this for 100 year...total bullshit. Just red meat to the masses.

Personally I find term limits to be a terrible idea. Who am I to tell someone else they cannot vote for someone they think is doing a great job...very statist to me.

We were given a way to limit terms, it is called elections every two years. That our citizenry has gotten too lazy and stupid to vote people out of office does not in my opinion justify taking away the liberty to vote for whom you want.

Outside of an actual amendment to the constitution, i could never support such a thing

This position is completely out of touch for a person who claims to be anti statist. Just sayin...

The reason SCOTUS found them to be against the constitution is because if they ruled in favor of it. they knew they were next. Life time appointments should be against the constitution

I agree with that. The Founders had no idea that these fossils would stick around for as long as they do now. That was not part of the plan.

This position is completely out of touch for a person who claims to be anti statist. Just sayin...

I do not want the state imposing artificial term limits...how is that out of touch for an anti-statist?

I believe that choice belongs to the people in the voting booth...how is that out of touch for an anti-statist?

I agree with that. The Founders had no idea that these fossils would stick around for as long as they do now. That was not part of the plan.

Then we need to amend the Constitution. not just ignore it.

I do not want the state imposing artificial term limits...how is that out of touch for an anti-statist?

I believe that choice belongs to the people in the voting booth...how is that out of touch for an anti-statist?

No term limits GUARANTEE'S that statists control the government. That's the point.

Then we need to amend the Constitution. not just ignore it.

We are in agreement here.

Whatever the reason, the only way to make it happen is to amend the Constitution. I would like to see it happen to the justices as the voters have no power over them.

No term limits GUARANTEE'S that statists control the government. That's the point.

Artificial term limits set by the state GUARANTEE'S to take away the liberty of the individual to make the choice themselves

The problem is not the lack of term limits, it is the laziness and ignorance of the populous. But neither of those things is against the constitution

Artificial term limits set by the state GUARANTEE'S to take away the liberty of the individual to make the choice themselves

The problem is not the lack of term limits, it is the laziness and ignorance of the populous. But neither of those things is against the constitution

Wrong, it makes it easier for the statists to consolidate power so that they control every aspect of elections. Take a look at how the Democrat party controlled the election so that Bernie had no chance to win the Primary. That is statist control of the electoral process and that could only have happened with a long term campaign run by people who have been there for far too long.

Term limits means that the people have a chance to be more involved in the electoral process. Doesn't mean it will happen, just means they have a better chance of it happening.

Trump refuses to be labeled by either party and especially the DC swamp.

Good for you.

No one has flip flopped as much as trump, often several times in one sentence.

We should change your name to Pollyanna.

Note to OP - So far, I have not seen even none thing about trump that is good for the country or the world. The best we can hope for is that he keeps his fat, orange yap shut and lets world leaders do the work he can't.

Wrong, it makes it easier for the statists to consolidate power so that they control every aspect of elections. Take a look at how the Democrat party controlled the election so that Bernie had no chance to win the Primary. That is statist control of the electoral process and that could only have happened with a long term campaign run by people who have been there for far too long.

Term limits means that the people have a chance to be more involved in the electoral process. Doesn't mean it will happen, just means they have a better chance of it happening.

Using the primaries is a terrible example as they have nothing to do with the constitution, there is nothing about them in the constitution. The current primary system is very new, it was not that long ago that the parties choose their nominee without any input from the non-party leaders. There is no requirement for them to do so. It is for a different thread but I think that a case could be made that our choices to vote for in November have gotten much worse since the current system was implemented.

Term limits means that you are telling someone "you cannot vote for that person because I think they have served long enough". That is not your place or mine...short of an amendment to the constitution stating that is the law of the land.

If you don’t like the republican that the gop are telling you to vote for now wait till you see the next guy they tell you to vote for.

You're right.

Like the electoral college, term limits would make our votes worth even less.

Just as RWs want.

Go figure.

I disagree with term limits.

I will tell you what I like about Trump which is a 180 from the campaign though. The “we’ll see what happens” comments in terms of complex issues is refreshing. Nobody can say, for example, where we’ll be with NK a year from now. Anyone who says the do is lying and if they do predict it correctly it is because their guess was correct. So Trump is right with the ambiguity. The upshot is that his worldview is wrong, he has no intellectual bandwidth to make informed decisions, he has no bench strength in most departments to execute a winning strategy for the American people, and he has the temperament of a sexually frustrated 9th grader.

The Political Class is desperate to prevent term limits. it means they lose power. Why do you favor the political class over the American people?

Why do you think the American people can’t elect whom they want?

Because the political class prevents Americans from voting for who they care for. Remember the old adage "choosing the lesser of two evils"? You are still voting for evil. The political class only allows the American people to vote for their candidates. That is not how this country was set up. And that is the best thing about this last election. it showed just how corrupt the whole process is.

Donald Trump got the most votes in the primaries and was the nominee. The only people who allowed him to run and win were the voters.

Hillary got the most votes in the primaries and was the nominee. The only people who allowed him to run and win were the voters

If Bernie or Ted Cruz had gotten more votes from the voters....they would have been the nominees.

Yet he's also suggested Presidential term limits should be eliminated. Go figure.

Apathy is the enemy, not politicians

Forum List

Back