another reason this never Trumper likes what he hears from Trump. I am re evaluating

a loss for words

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2017
upper left corner of the republic
Trump <yuck> said something marvelous today.. He spoke in favor of term limiting congresscriters. I have been in favor of this forever.

Congresscriters sticking to the public teat like ticks have botherd me forever. This goes for republicans like McCain as well as Democrats like Kennedy. 20 years and done is a good way of getting new blood into the halls of congress.

Trump <yuck> said something marvelous today.. He spoke in favor of term limiting congresscriters. I have been in favor of this forever.

Congresscriters sticking to the public teat like ticks have botherd me forever. This goes for republicans like McCain as well as Democrats like Kennedy. 20 years and done is a good way of getting new blood into the halls of congress.

I disagree with term limits.

I will tell you what I like about Trump which is a 180 from the campaign though. The “we’ll see what happens” comments in terms of complex issues is refreshing. Nobody can say, for example, where we’ll be with NK a year from now. Anyone who says the do is lying and if they do predict it correctly it is because their guess was correct. So Trump is right with the ambiguity. The upshot is that his worldview is wrong, he has no intellectual bandwidth to make informed decisions, he has no bench strength in most departments to execute a winning strategy for the American people, and he has the temperament of a sexually frustrated 9th grader.

I will tell you what I like about Trump which is a 180 from the campaign though. The “we’ll see what happens” comments in terms of complex issues is refreshing. Nobody can say, for example, where we’ll be with NK a year from now. Anyone who says the do is lying and if they do predict it correctly it is because their guess was correct. So Trump is right with the ambiguity. The upshot is that his worldview is wrong, he has no intellectual bandwidth to make informed decisions, he has no bench strength in most departments to execute a winning strategy for the American people, and he has the temperament of a sexually frustrated 9th grader.

Hillary would have been different how? Her meltdowns are legendary.

It was one of his campaign promises, so you can take it to the bank that he will fight to make it happen

Drain the Swamp. That's what's gotten him so much trouble. The Swamp Creatures ain't happy with him. They're striking back.

Are the American people fed up with these phony DC politicians? Obama ran as an outsider, so did Trump. In both elections the people chose the outsider over the experienced DC politician.

I don’t think we need term limits , we need COMMITEE head term limits . Committe memebera should roll over every few years .

Same wh majority / minority heads .

The Political Class is desperate to prevent term limits. it means they lose power. Why do you favor the political class over the American people?

Sounds logical....I’m sure all BILLIONAIRES are complete idiots...that’s why there’s one around every corner.
You whack-jobs are so fascinating to listen to.

Trump refuses to be labeled by either party and especially the DC swamp.
Trump is basically our first third party President. He seems to be hated by both parties and neither party seems to be willing to work with him. Keeping that in mind, he has accomplished quite a bit since taking office.

The Political Class is desperate to prevent term limits. it means they lose power. Why do you favor the political class over the American people?

Why do you think the American people can’t elect whom they want?

We have elections every year at one level of government or another. If the people are too stupid to get rid of career sleazebags then don't we deserve them?

Why do you think the American people can’t elect whom they want?

Because the political class prevents Americans from voting for who they care for. Remember the old adage "choosing the lesser of two evils"? You are still voting for evil. The political class only allows the American people to vote for their candidates. That is not how this country was set up. And that is the best thing about this last election. it showed just how corrupt the whole process is.

20 years is too long. 5 tops with rotating district elections so there are always people in the know when fresh blood comes in.

20 years is absurd.

20 years is too long. 5 tops with rotating district elections so there are always people in the know when fresh blood comes in.

20 years is absurd.
Indeed 20 years is way too long lets change it so that the President, Senators and Congressman can serve only one six year term. Save to 20 term for Supreme Court Justices

20 years is absurd.
Indeed 20 years is way too long lets change it so that the President, Senators and Congressman can serve only one six year term. Save to 20 term for Supreme Court Justices

No, I would limit Senators to two terms, and Congress critters to 4 terms.

Forum List

Back