Another question for Republicans....

Weird, no one actually answered the question in the OP. Everyone wants to talk about their own agenda but not the actual question.

We aren't getting a flat tax without exemptions, so let's talk about reality. The reality of one side campaigning cutting taxes on the wealthiest americans at the expense of middle class and poor americans. Are you ok with that?

The rich are taxed out. Liberals need to stop spending.

It is not what the government was established to do.

Taxed out? LOL. Provide any sort of data to back up your statement. Remember I can get historical tax rates to show you how clueless you are. Feel free to give it a shot though.

Spending does need to slow down though. However if you think that's a "liberal" thing, you're not even worth talking to. Could you be any more partisan?

So basically you favor increasing taxes on poor and middle class Americans in order to give millionaires more tax cuts

No dumbass, the rich make more so they pay more. Just what you want.

Reducing government spending is at least an equal part of the equation, care to discuss that?
Under a flat tax system people making 100,000 a year or less would see their taxes increasing by 20-240% while the rich would see their taxes decrease by 70%
I'm all for cutting military spending, however republicans oppose it

So basically you favor increasing taxes on poor and middle class Americans in order to give millionaires more tax cuts

No.. People like us are in favor of returning equal treatment by government under law... as it should have been all along.. instead of a system that breeds class warfare

I see so according to you moving to a system that would cause 40% of the population to be in poverty in order to give millionaires millions of dollars is not class warfare

As justice is to be blind.. so should taxation... EQUAL TREATMENT BY GOVERNMENT UNDER LAW.... with equality, just like with freedom, there are positives and negatives that come with it.... its still better than law, treatment, and policy sames on subjective criteria that is abused for nothing less than votes and governmental power...

Throwing around a lot of meaningless numbers there starcrafty. You suggested the poor's tax rate would go to 50%? Any increase in taxes on the poor in a flat tax system, indicates they under pay now.

So what's more important to you. Making sure that the poor pay "something" or decreasing our deficit? You can't have both with a flat tax.

Play dumb all you want. All you had to do was go back a few posts and see I want to cut spending too.

Weird, no one actually answered the question in the OP. Everyone wants to talk about their own agenda but not the actual question.

We aren't getting a flat tax without exemptions, so let's talk about reality. The reality of one side campaigning cutting taxes on the wealthiest americans at the expense of middle class and poor americans. Are you ok with that?

Taxed out? LOL. Provide any sort of data to back up your statement. Remember I can get historical tax rates to show you how clueless you are. Feel free to give it a shot though.

Spending does need to slow down though. However if you think that's a "liberal" thing, you're not even worth talking to. Could you be any more partisan?

Remember.. your historical tax rates do not take into account what was deemed income, what was deductible, and the MASSIVE amount of loopholes that were in place.. but we all know you like to make reality more fuzzy to fit your agenda

Hell yea republicans are okay with that but they are to ashamed to actually admit it

Throwing around a lot of meaningless numbers there starcrafty. You suggested the poor's tax rate would go to 50%? Any increase in taxes on the poor in a flat tax system, indicates they under pay now.

So what's more important to you. Making sure that the poor pay "something" or decreasing our deficit? You can't have both with a flat tax.

Play dumb all you want. All you had to do was go back a few posts and see I want to cut spending too.

So your answer is.....?

Are you happy paying higher taxes, so the super rich can pay less?

The EVIL 1% pretty much carry the 99% on their backs.

What percentage should they fork over? I mean, they are paying the lion's share now, and yet, you are full of envy and bitterness. So why don't you tell me what is a fair amount that should be confiscated for redistribution?

And while doing so, tell me why every single able-bodied person living in America shouldn't have to contribute in some way.

It isn't the 1% versus the 99%, it is the 53% versus the 47%.

You are bitching, and 47% of households paid ZERO federal income tax.

No one is holding anyone down. Stop trying to make everyone a victim and dependent on others. It's evil, and simply a tool to keep the liberal base under thumb.

3% more on income and 24% on Capital Gains over and beyond $250,000.

You're right it's more like the .01% versus the 99.99%

Remember.. your historical tax rates do not take into account what was deemed income, what was deductible, and the MASSIVE amount of loopholes that were in place.. but we all know you like to make reality more fuzzy to fit your agenda

Right, let's close the loopholes. Whats your point exactly?

What agenda do I have? Let's hear you actually say it. Because I'm pretty sure I make more money than you and I'm not just advocating for increased taxes on the rich because it would somehow benefit me....because it wouldn't. So lets hear it, what's my agenda? To do what's best for the country? Guilty as charged.

i've said for years that it's funny that the poorest republicans fight for the right of the uber rich to pay a lower effective tax rate just in case one of the poor republicans ever makes it to the top 1%. it's almost a lottery mentality.

but i do appreciate paying a lesser rate on my capital gains.

You oppose having all American's paying their fair share?
Nope people should pay the same percentage in taxes as the wealth they have, meaning the richest 1% needs to have their taxes increased by 50%

Or are you worried that when the people realize how much you are robbing from others, they will stop you?
Medicare/Caid and SS are far more efficient then the private market. If it weren't for government wed being getting robbed by the inefficient private market. Also most rich people make their wealth by mooching off of workers

Medicare/Caid and SS are far more efficient then the private market.

You hear that in an efficient public school. :cuckoo:

No dumbass, the rich make more so they pay more. Just what you want.

Reducing government spending is at least an equal part of the equation, care to discuss that?
Under a flat tax system people making 100,000 a year or less would see their taxes increasing by 20-240% while the rich would see their taxes decrease by 70%
I'm all for cutting military spending, however republicans oppose it

No.. People like us are in favor of returning equal treatment by government under law... as it should have been all along.. instead of a system that breeds class warfare

I see so according to you moving to a system that would cause 40% of the population to be in poverty in order to give millionaires millions of dollars is not class warfare

Give millions? You're confused.

When the 49 percent of those that don't pay federal income tax start paying their fair share. I'll be happy

Federal income taxes make up less then 1/3 of total taxes. When you are honest and logical and include all taxes the results show that billionaires and millionaires pay less taxes then the middle class.
But I wont expect you to be logical

You oppose having all American's paying their fair share?
Nope people should pay the same percentage in taxes as the wealth they have, meaning the richest 1% needs to have their taxes increased by 50%

Or are you worried that when the people realize how much you are robbing from others, they will stop you?
Medicare/Caid and SS are far more efficient then the private market. If it weren't for government wed being getting robbed by the inefficient private market. Also most rich people make their wealth by mooching off of workers

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/NationalHealthExpendData/downloads/tables.pdf
^Medicare costs 40% less then private insurance despite Medicare providing more benefits and better quality of care

You’re in good hands with Social Security: But Privatization Proposals Would Unravel Its Ability to Insure Against Loss of Income, Disability, and Death | Economic Policy Institute
^SS provides 26% more benefits that private market counterparts

GOP Defends Higher Education Profiteers As They Line Their Pockets With Taxpayer Dollars | ThinkProgress
Which Colleges Leave Students With the Most Debt? - US News and World Report
Fast Facts
^Also private universities are less efficient then public universities

Also private k-12 schools are less efficient as well
About Those Milwaukee Vouchers | ThinkProgress
Public Schools Outperform Private Schools in Math Instruction

Are you happy that half of Americans pay no income tax at all so that the rest of us have to take up their slack........the majority of which is paid by the super rich?

No. I favor the flat tax, as it was prior to the civil war.

Robert

Have you been living under a rock or are you just stoopid? You of course know that the top 1% pay 39% of all income tax don't you and that of the remaining 99%, 49% pay NO income tax at all. So brainiac, who isn't paying their fair share?

When the 49 percent of those that don't pay federal income tax start paying their fair share. I'll be happy

Federal income taxes make up less then 1/3 of total taxes. When you are honest and logical and include all taxes the results show that billionaires and millionaires pay less taxes then the middle class.
But I wont expect you to be logical

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/NationalHealthExpendData/downloads/tables.pdf
^Medicare costs 40% less then private insurance despite Medicare providing more benefits and better quality of care

You’re in good hands with Social Security: But Privatization Proposals Would Unravel Its Ability to Insure Against Loss of Income, Disability, and Death | Economic Policy Institute
^SS provides 26% more benefits that private market counterparts

GOP Defends Higher Education Profiteers As They Line Their Pockets With Taxpayer Dollars | ThinkProgress
Which Colleges Leave Students With the Most Debt? - US News and World Report
Fast Facts
^Also private universities are less efficient then public universities

Also private k-12 schools are less efficient as well
About Those Milwaukee Vouchers | ThinkProgress
Public Schools Outperform Private Schools in Math Instruction

When you are honest and logical and include all taxes the results show that billionaires and millionaires pay less taxes then the middle class.

Show me how a guy who makes $1 million pays less that a guy who makes $60,000.
Please show all your work.

SS provides 26% more benefits that private market counterparts

BS. If I had my Social Security contributions in a 401K, I'd have 4 times the payout I'd get from Social Security. And I'd have over $1 million to leave to my family.

Does your silly 40% less claim about Medicare include the Trillions of underfunding?

Forum List

Back