Another power grid attack...

I think it would be a far more simple metric would be which side burns the American Flag and which side honors it.

But these points are far removed from the purpose of the thread.
Well, you stated that 1/2 of the nation thinks it isn't worth saving.

Perhaps we should look at who staged the insurrection. That would be you guys.

We should also look at who was cheering that we didn't have a Speaker for about 96 hours--a constitutionally required post. That would be you guys.

We should also look at who has seen their influence, power, etc... dwindle over the past 50 years almost non stop. That would be you guys.

I hope it's just a bunch of idiots being idiots. We have plenty of them and they are usually apolitical. But since you brought up "sides" (i.e. "half the country), it's clear that you're half is ready to call it a day.

This time in Nevada.

I searched the site and didn't see a thread on it...nor have I heard about it in the news.

Here's the commentary video where I found it reported...

Here's the article from the video...

archive.ph

And here is the article from that article...

"LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A man is facing terror-related charges after police said he rammed his car through a gate at a solar plant outside Las Vegas and set his car on fire, disabling the huge facility, the 8 News Now Investigators have learned.

Around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Las Vegas Metro police responded to the solar plant on U.S. 93 north of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, sources told the 8 News Now Investigators. Employees at the plant said they found a car smoldering in a generator pit."

archive.ph

Basically, the guy rammed though the gate and crashed the car into the transformer pit... then ignited it.

Most transformers are oil cooled...making them extremely vulnerable to fire based attack.

The flash point of Transformer Oil is slightly under 300°F.

I find it hard to believe this did or would have much impact on the oil temp in the transformer.

Guy is so dumb he can't even terrorism right.

I find it hard to believe this did or would have much impact on the oil temp in the transformer.

Guy is so dumb he can't even terrorism right.
I don't know ... the Independent article says the facility was "extensively damaged" and would take up to two years to repair.

I think it would be a far more simple metric would be which side burns the American Flag and which side honors it.

Which side threw an American flag on the ground and replaced it with a Trump flag?

I don't know ... the Independent article says the facility was "extensively damaged" and would take up to two years to repair.
I don't know for sure either but I am pretty confident that damages incurred we're not from the from the fire except maybe some relay wiring on the outside of the transformer.

The car is a few feet from the transformer and the transformer is air cooled....you can see the cooling fans in one of the pictures mounted underneath the cooling fins.

I would guess that the transformer likely gets hotter on a hot afternoon in Vegas with heavy loading then it did from a car fire feet away in the middle of the night.

Which side threw an American flag on the ground and replaced it with a Trump flag?
Please.

I know you can't wait to jump in and protect the leftist...but there is no doubt that in general the example I provided is a true representation.

Now that you're done flashing your true colors...can we get back on topic?

Weird isn't it.

It's the "for the future" comment that makes it seem like it's an environmentalist.

Most on the far far right USE solar as a backup against power grid failure.
The only solar I use is pathway markers and garden gnomes. I have a huge 100-year plus Oak in the backyard shading the roof in the morning, a huge Magnolia tree shading one end front/back midday, and a very tall, pretty good size Maple shading the front on the same end during the afternoon. Past the other end of the house, the neighbors have a huge Oak tree that casts a shadow over my pool in the afternoon. I don't really have a good place for solar panels except front-side on the pool end of the house.
I think solar would be cool, if I had a place for it.

I don't know for sure either but I am pretty confident that damages incurred we're not from the from the fire except maybe some relay wiring on the outside of the transformer.

The car is a few feet from the transformer and the transformer is air cooled....you can see the cooling fans in one of the pictures mounted underneath the cooling fins.

I would guess that the transformer likely gets hotter on a hot afternoon in Vegas with heavy loading then it did from a car fire feet away in the middle of the night.
You could very well be correct.

I didn't have images when I made that comment.

Please.

I know you can't wait to jump in and protect the leftist...but there is no doubt that in general the example I provided is a true representation.

Now that you're done flashing your true colors...can we get back on topic?

My true colors are that both sides are the same.

That idea triggers you.

Well, you stated that 1/2 of the nation thinks it isn't worth saving.

Perhaps we should look at who staged the insurrection. That would be you guys.

We should also look at who was cheering that we didn't have a Speaker for about 96 hours--a constitutionally required post. That would be you guys.

We should also look at who has seen their influence, power, etc... dwindle over the past 50 years almost non stop. That would be you guys.

I hope it's just a bunch of idiots being idiots. We have plenty of them and they are usually apolitical. But since you brought up "sides" (i.e. "half the country), it's clear that you're half is ready to call it a day.

Was that the SELFIE STICK INSURRECTION where they used selfie sticks to murder THOUSANDS of congressional reps and built a gallows with which to hang Pence, which is seen here in a photo with a twelve foot hangman.....er.... woman?

iu

You losers have simply lost touch with reality, with that insurrection bullshit.

NOBODY believes you any more. You need to just tone it down and get a hobby.

Last edited:
The only solar I use is pathway markers and garden gnomes. I have a huge 100-year plus Oak in the backyard shading the roof in the morning, a huge Magnolia tree shading one end front/back midday, and a very tall, pretty good size Maple shading the front on the same end during the afternoon. Past the other end of the house, the neighbors have a huge Oak tree that casts a shadow over my pool in the afternoon. I don't really have a good place for solar panels except front-side on the pool end of the house.
I think solar would be cool, if I had a place for it.

Yeah... We have that problem too.

We have a huge post oak on the west side of the house that provides enough summer shade to keep the house fan cool on all but the hottest of the Dog Days and black walnuts that we get a huge harvest from each year, plus some sugar maples for syrup. We do have an open area...but I'm not sure I want to fill it with solar panels.

I would like to put a hobby set up on top of my workshop just to get a practical handle on the fundamental.

Yeah... We have that problem too.

We have a huge post oak on the west side of the house that provides enough summer shade to keep the house fan cool on all but the hottest of the Dog Days and black walnuts that we get a huge harvest from each year, plus some sugar maples for syrup. We do have an open area...but I'm not sure I want to fill it with solar panels.

I would like to put a hobby set up on top of my workshop just to get a practical handle on the fundamental.
Cool. I didn't know sugar maples were grown in Missouri for syrup, thinking that a New England state thing. Is that a specific type of maple, or can you tap any old maple and it produce?

Cool. I didn't know sugar maples were grown in Missouri for syrup, thinking that a New England state thing. Is that a specific type of maple, or can you tap any old maple and it produce?
You can tap any old maple.

We also tap the walnuts.

It's all about temperature fluctuation.

You could do it in Tennessee.

The temps need to drop below freezing at night then rise above freezing during the day.

It was a solar station that powered MGM properties.
He has yet to be arraigned as he was is too disruptive to even appear in video court!
I believe he is a Muzzie.
It was on our local news in a George Knapp investigative report last night.

Forum List

Back