Another ONE for Israel

LittleNipper

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2013
So, it seems that some sort of commentary is needed. I'm not Jewish. I have met Jews. They are like a lot of other people. I have attended a Bible study at a Synagogue. I find the traditions of Jewish people very interesting, and I like some of their food. As a little kid, the boy of the Jewish family across the street introduced me to Matzo. It was love at first bite. Of course we would talk about GOD and things like that, and I never could fully understand why Jews couldn't accept Jesus. And so when I eventually met Jews that came to know the SAVIOR I would ask them. And interestingly it always seemed to be about TRADITION and FAMILY and attacks by "Christians". But once they came to CHRIST there seems to have come a change. Of course that is true for gentiles also.

So, it seems that some sort of commentary is needed. I'm not Jewish. I have met Jews. They are like a lot of other people. I have attended a Bible study at a Synagogue. I find the traditions of Jewish people very interesting, and I like some of their food. As a little kid, the boy of the Jewish family across the street introduced me to Matzo. It was love at first bite. Of course we would talk about GOD and things like that, and I never could fully understand why Jews couldn't accept Jesus. And so when I eventually met Jews that came to know the SAVIOR I would ask them. And interestingly it always seemed to be about TRADITION and FAMILY and attacks by "Christians". But once they came to CHRIST there seems to have come a change. Of course that is true for gentiles also.
I have to take issue with you on-----------the matzo love. Matzo without butter is like eating cardboard.

Oh, I do wish to add that in the original thread ONE FOR ISRAEL there was a testimony from a nice lady (the second testimony), That thread was closed before I could include her name (which I feel is most important), it is Shohreh Jadda.

Oh, I do wish to add that in the original thread ONE FOR ISRAEL there was a testimony from a nice lady (the second testimony), That thread was closed before I could include her name (which I feel is most important), it is Shohreh Jadda.
Nice, but did you try the Matzo with butter?

I have to take issue with you on-----------the matzo love. Matzo without butter is like eating cardboard.

Well, I do sometimes like to put somethings on it. But my concern was that one of my Jewish friends would hold up their hands, roll their eyes and say, "OY!" I do enjoy Matzo by itself, but have been known to put peanut butter on it, and also flavored yogurt (but please don't tell anyone)... It is also good with liver pudding and mustard.

Well, I do sometimes like to put somethings on it. But my concern was that one of my Jewish friends would hold up their hands, roll their eyes and say, "OY!" I do enjoy Matzo by itself, but have been known to put peanut butter on it, and also flavored yogurt (but please don't tell anyone)... It is also good with liver pudding and mustard.
You ARE indeed a matzo freak!

Matzo was never intended to be GOOD. Eating it is a reminder, and not a pleasant one.

The key for Christians to appreciate Judaism is to remember that the person we refer to as Jesus the Christ, was an Orthodox Jew every day of his life, and he died an Orthodox Jew, as were all of the Apostles. The antagonism toward Jews came later, and was part of re-defining the Church according to a different model, thanks to Paul.

In this age where all religion is under attack, we need to focus on our commonalities and not our differences. We can thank the Jews for the Torah, possibly the greatest accumulation of wisdom in Western Civilization.

Matzo was never intended to be GOOD. Eating it is a reminder, and not a pleasant one.

The key for Christians to appreciate Judaism is to remember that the person we refer to as Jesus the Christ, was an Orthodox Jew every day of his life, and he died an Orthodox Jew, as were all of the Apostles. The antagonism toward Jews came later, and was part of re-defining the Church according to a different model, thanks to Paul.

In this age where all religion is under attack, we need to focus on our commonalities and not our differences. We can thank the Jews for the Torah, possibly the greatest accumulation of wisdom in Western Civilization.
I know it wasn't, but I like it.

So, is it better to be an indifferent irreligious Jew, or one that knows Jesus as his SAVIOR? Here is the testimony of Moti Vaknin:

Don't you go around dissing cardboard...

Don't you go around dissing cardboard...
I haven't tried cardboard with butter yet. Maybe you have a point. I'll ask the Rabbi
about it.

I am for Israel.

Forum List

Back