Another Obama Gaffe...

blastoff

Undocumented Reg. User
Nov 12, 2009
In a galaxy far far away...
So after the Afghanistan speech the other night Barry went to Ft. Drum in NY the next day for a photo op with some of the troops. And had the following to say:

"First time I saw 10th Mountain Division, you guys were in southern Iraq. When I went back to visit Afghanistan, you guys were the first ones there. I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously."

And as you can imagine the old silver tongued one delivered his message in a very presidential manner, as one would expect from such a gifted orator.

Only one slight problem. Unfortunately, Jared Monti was killed in action in Afghanistan on June 21, 2006, and was awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously on September 17, 2009 when Barry gave his parents a framed medal during a ceremony at the White House.

Not much media coverage though of what was a very embarrassing presidential moment. Much as it would have been if Bush had committed such an egregious screw up, huh?

Commander In Chief Misspeaks About Soldier Killed in Afghanistan

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Ok when stuff like this happens I can't help but ask . . . who the hell does he have working for him? That he didn't specifically remember the soldier had received the MoH posthumously . . .ok I can see that. But seriously, doesn't he have a staff that you know, checks things out first?

So after the Afghanistan speech the other night Barry went to Ft. Drum in NY the next day for a photo op with some of the troops. And had the following to say:

"First time I saw 10th Mountain Division, you guys were in southern Iraq. When I went back to visit Afghanistan, you guys were the first ones there. I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously."

And as you can imagine the old silver tongued one delivered his message in a very presidential manner, as one would expect from such a gifted orator.

Only one slight problem. Unfortunately, Jared Monti was killed in action in Afghanistan on June 21, 2006, and was awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously on September 17, 2009 when Barry gave his parents a framed medal during a ceremony at the White House.

Not much media coverage though of what was a very embarrassing presidential moment. Much as it would have been if Bush had committed such an egregious screw up, huh?

Shut up!... Booooooooosh was a Chimp and an Idiot!...

Barry is a Genius and the One!

:)

peace...

This is a mistake that should never happen.If this were Bush there would have been no end to the lefts coverage about what a dumb ass Bush was...another example of the liberal controlled media not one mention of it.

This is a mistake that should never happen.If this were Bush there would have been no end to the lefts coverage about what a dumb ass Bush was...another example of the liberal controlled media not one mention of it.

Absolute Fact.

But you are Dealing with People who for 8 Years Hounded (43) over the Wars in Afghanistan and more Specifically the War in Iraq...

Their Boy gets in and starts one with Libya without even Chatting with the Congress, AFTER Running AGAINST these kinds of Wars, and they can't wait to Excuse him...

These are not Honest People...

And they can NOT be Trusted with Power.

peace...

At least he didn't ask a guy that had no legs to stand up and take a bow like Biden did when running for Vice-President. They are both idiots.

The saddest part of all this is how absolutely sincere Obama sounded while he was bullshitting the troops with false facts and bogus anecdotes. He believed the words he was reading, well, at least for that moment he did. Remember folks, it's not a lie if you believe it.
California Girl said:
Any yet, we continue to elect them. What does that say about Americans?

The best liar wins.

Ah, yes - Ft. Drum. They do have a lot of rotations to war zones. My son said he was in classes so did not see Obama.

I didn't get the feeling that the troops were all that impressed with Obama. I didn't see anyone (seated or standing) behind him who had expressions of joy on their faces. But that is not unusual - people standing behind the speaker generally do look miserable. Obama doesn't like our troops and certainly doesn't have a grasp on things military. Somebody on his staff told him to mention this soldier by name and say a few words to the troops to make the visit more personal. It was nothing more than a photo op.

Our language has yet one more word coined - "misspoken" has replaced "lied." And Obama seems to have a penchant for "misspeaking."

Obama is as cold blooded and ruthless as anyone I've ever know. How you make a gaffe like that and carry one like you just stepped on an ant speaks to his total disconnect from what most people think of as normal.

Last edited:

He certainly needs to take his job a little more seriously. In the first place what a thing to mention to "alive" soldiers huh? Posthuously isn't a word they want to hear about. And to not remember that you gave a medal to a dead soldier's family? My God!

At least he didn't ask a guy that had no legs to stand up and take a bow like Biden did when running for Vice-President. They are both idiots.

Any yet, we continue to elect them. What does that say about Americans?

Well... To America's Credit, the "Free Press" didn't vet Barry...

IF America Reelects him, then you can Direct that at those who were Stupid enough to Vote for him twice. :thup:

peace...

New Topics

Forum List

Back