Ron Paul NOT what Republicans need

Discussion in 'Politics' started by American Legacy, Jun 24, 2011.

1. American Legacy

American Legacy Federalist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Posted at RedState

2. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    Correct he's not what republicans need.

He's what conservatives need. He's what america needs.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    Sure, not republicans, nor progressives for that matter.

Hes exactly what us libertarians need, and exactly what this country needs tho...

Ron Paul will bring us back to our roots and we need that...

America is about independence and self reliance - NOT dependence on government and reliance on the taxpayer...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    I'd say this thread is about over, lol.

5. Contumacious

Contumacious Radical Freedom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    All he promises is Invidual Liberty and Restoring the Constitution (1787).

Bullshit.

That is not fucking acceptable

Taxpayers and my neighbors owe me a goddamned living. I want the president to loot and plunder in order to keep me and mine in the style to which we have become accustomed.

I don't mind tyranny so long as get we get three square meals a day, clothing and shelter.

Vote demopublican - early and often.

6. cutter

cutter Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, He may not be what the Republicans need BUT he IS what The U.S.A. needs BUT most Americans are too dumb to realize it. Our country is headed for some hard times and unless we realize we cannot afford to keep our military all over the world, we cannot afford the giant welfare system we now have and we cannot keep this bloated Federal government we now have. ALL RON PAUL stands for is the LIMITED Federal Government our Constitution says we should have. With PAUL's idea of government we wont need 3+Trillion a year to fund government. We could actually have a budget we could live with and maybe start paying off some of our debt.

7. Momanohedhunter

Momanohedhunter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +250
    :laugh: Sure about that ? You all sure that Paul is all about freedom and leaving Americans alone ? and what do you know about him that has not been said on TV ? Check him out. You can start here - Project Vote Smart - American Government, Elections, Candidates and Voting and here is a map of his district
    File:TX14 109.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . His district (the part I live in) he is not real popular. He is elected by an elite group of very wealthy voters, and runs pretty much unopposed. And I dont know where all that pork money he gets go's, but none has gone to La marque or Texas City. He does not even show up to speak to his constituents there yet gets gobs of money from all the oil guys there. I hope they take a better look at this fake and expose him this time around for the crooked SOB that he is.

8. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Cool story.

9. Momanohedhunter

Momanohedhunter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +250
    What are you implying ?

10. Momanohedhunter

Momanohedhunter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +250
    Ron Paul on Sudan/Darfur

Sudan

In his speech before the House on a related bill, H. Con. Res. 467,[37] Paul rejected the proposal for "[urging] the Administration to seriously consider multilateral or even unilateral intervention to stop genocide in Darfur should the UN Security Council fail to act." Paul argued the unrelatedness of the proposal to "the US national interest" or "the Constitutional function of [United States] military forces."[38] The resolution passed unanimously, with Paul among 12 non-voters.[39]

Paul on Iran-

Iran

Paul rejects the "dangerous military confrontation approaching with Iran and supported by many in leadership on both sides of the aisle."[33] He claims the current circumstances with Iran mirror those under which the Iraq War began,[34] and has urged Congress not to authorize war with Iran.[35] In the U.S. House of Representatives, only Paul and Dennis Kucinich voted against the Rothman-Kirk Resolution, which asks the United Nations to charge Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad with violating its genocide convention and charter.[36

Paul on NAFTA- International trade

Paul is a proponent of free trade and rejects protectionism, advocating "conducting open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations."[47] He opposes many free trade agreements (FTAs), like the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA),[48] stating that "free-trade agreements are really managed trade"[49] and serve special interests and big business, not citizens.[50]

Paul on Israel-(Jew hater like PF tinmore)

Israel

During the 2009 Gaza War, Paul addressed Congress to voice his staunch opposition to the House's proposed resolution supporting Israel's actions. He stated: "Madame Speaker, I strongly oppose H. Res. 34, which was rushed to the floor with almost no prior notice and without consideration by the House Foreign Affairs Committee. The resolution clearly takes one side in a conflict that has nothing to do with the United States or US interests. I am concerned that the weapons currently being used by Israel against the Palestinians in Gaza are made in America and paid for by American taxpayers." He then went on to question the very purpose of America's support for Israel, asking: "Is it really in the interest of the United States to guarantee the survival of any foreign country?"

When later asked about his comments by Russia Today, Ron Paul added: "[This support has] been going on for more than 50 years, because there has been a pretty strong case made for the Jewish people being treated quite badly, and emotionally there was an argument for having a place they can call their homeland, and people bought into this. But even then there was no justification for us to be using our money for doing that. There’s one thing being friends, getting along with people and trading with people versus subsidizing them."[32]

Political positions of Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And thats just Wikipedia. Yours ?