Another multi-millionaire renouncing citizenship over taxes

OY!

Ayn Rand - Atlas shrugged - now there's a few hours of my life wasted read complete tripe.

Yeah I'm gonna base my world view on novel. :cuckoo:

Why not pick a good novel at least?

Wow. You found "a few hours of your life wasted read complete tripe". Literature is generally only interesting to the literate. No wonder you wasted a few hours read complete tripe.

Socialite Denise Rich Dumps U.S. Passport

(Reuters) - Denise Rich, the wealthy socialite and former wife of pardoned billionaire trader Marc Rich, has given up her U.S. citizenship - and, with it, much of her U.S. tax bill.

Rich, 68, a Grammy-nominated songwriter and glossy figure in Democratic and European royalty circles, renounced her American passport in November, according to her lawyer.

Her maiden name, Denise Eisenberg, appeared in the Federal Register on April 30 in a quarterly list of Americans who renounced their U.S. citizenship and permanent residents who handed in their green cards.

By dumping her U.S. passport, Rich likely will save tens of millions of dollars or more in U.S. taxes over the long haul, tax lawyers say.

Rich, who wrote songs recorded by Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige and Jessica Simpson, is the latest bold-faced name to join a wave of wealthy people renouncing their American citizenship. Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin gave up his U.S. passport to become a citizen of Singapore, an offshore tax haven, before the company's initial public offering in May.

Socialite Denise Rich Dumps U.S. Passport - Yahoo! Finance

Gosh, I sure hope she's not attacked by pirates or something.

OY!

Ayn Rand - Atlas shrugged - now there's a few hours of my life wasted read complete tripe.

Yeah I'm gonna base my world view on novel. :cuckoo:

Why not pick a good novel at least?

Wow. You found "a few hours of your life wasted read complete tripe". Literature is generally only interesting to the literate. No wonder you wasted a few hours read complete tripe.

:rofl:

Is that the best you've got Honey?

She was already dodging US taxes...Romney style:

The recent lawsuit against Rich was filed on behalf of Lee Goldberg, the former protector of a Cook Islands trust of which Rich is a beneficiary, in February. The case was dismissed in April, court records show.

The Cook Islands, a South Pacific tax haven, offers Swiss-style secrecy for wealthy investors.

(from the link in the OP)

Sure the conservatives love the Millitary, tax cheating, telling the poor and elderly to fuck off, claiming they are the job producers while producing jobs in nations where they can hire child and slave labor.

How could you not be for that. I mean fuck the poor they are that way for a reason (HEAVY SARC).
Go Chang your tampon, queenie. We do love the military, so you got that part right. And I know that chaps your hide. The progressive hatred of the military is wel known. As Fortas cheats- we think they belong in jail. Not in this administration. It is progressives that coddle them these days. S for the poor and elderly, we care about them beyond votes. We don't believe they are victims. And we sure don't believe they are so helpless that their only salvation is through the goodness of big daddy government.

But keep up your smug self assurance that only lefty douchebags like yourself care on whit about anything or anyone. And wash out your vagina once in awhile. I can smell your foul carcass through my keyboard.

Slightly better baby cakes but still pretty weak.

Did I hit too close to home with that post. Is you gonna Cwy you wittuw eyes out?

The elderly who at 13%of the population are receiving 50% of all Healthcare dollars spent? That is hardly being treated like a victim dippy mcgraw.

Stop masterbating to beck and learn a little something before you start yapping sweetie!

As for my smugness - Pot meet Kettle.

Yup. This is how it starts, folks. First you see the rich flee to retain their wealth, then we'll see politicians pipe up about what a disgrace these people are and then they will try and penalize them by making them pay taxes anyway or a heavy penalty to withdraw their wealth from the country.....Coumo is already on it. I saw him on the glowing rectangle this morning talking this very shit.

This is despotism in its infancy. I hope you younger folks enjoy the young adult version.
What is despotic about imposing an Exit Tax on the super-rich who manage to accumulate vast fortunes by exploiting the material, administrative, and human resources of this nation and then move to expatriate, taking it all with them to avoid paying taxes on it? In the case of this individual, her husband, Marc Rich, now living in Switzerland, was indicted for tax evasion and making oil deals with Iran during the Hostage Crisis (a real patriotic American) but was pardoned by his pal Bill (President Blowjob) Clinton.

There is absolutely nothing despotic or in any way unfair about a substantial tax on wealth generated within the U.S. and removed to foreign shores. Anyone who thinks there is must be a brainwashed lackey of the emerging plutocracy.

I believe seizure of 50% of all material assets would be a fair exit tax.

Last edited:
Yup. This is how it starts, folks. First you see the rich flee to retain their wealth, then we'll see politicians pipe up about what a disgrace these people are and then they will try and penalize them by making them pay taxes anyway or a heavy penalty to withdraw their wealth from the country.....Coumo is already on it. I saw him on the glowing rectangle this morning talking this very shit.

This is despotism in its infancy. I hope you younger folks enjoy the young adult version.
What is despotic about imposing an Exit Tax on the super-rich who manage to accumulate vast fortunes by exploiting the material, administrative, and human resources of this nation and then move to expatriate, taking it all with them to avoid paying taxes on it? In the case of this individual, her husband, Marc Rich, now living in Switzerland, was indicted for tax evasion and making oil deals with Iran during the Hostage Crisis (a real patriotic American) but was pardoned by his pal Bill (President Blowjob) Clinton.

There is absolutely nothing despotic or in any way unfair about a substantial tax on wealth generated within the U.S. and removed to foreign shores. Anyone who thinks there is must be a brainwashed lackey of the emerging plutocracy.

I believe seizure of 50% of all material assets would be a fair exit tax.

So Andy is barking some tripe about an exit tax - something you'd never see in this country, but it's good for a bit of sensational sound-bite, no? Gotta sell those commercials.

You want to talk about tax evasion - how about the corporations who leave a sales office or 2 in this country, and then move all their other operations to a climate that's a bit cozier in order to take advantage of the tax breaks on payroll, inventory, real estate, and revenues? Why does an individual (who only needs a few "staff") rate such revulsion when there are many companies that, in effect, have been doing this for a long time?

You haven't seen many twenty dollar bills in your life, have you?
I never carry small bills. :eusa_clap:

well excuse me! Mis-typed Jacksonian 4 Jefferson. Even funnier is how using either Jefferson or Jackson has the same effect. Both were radical Democrats in the sense that both were like the Occupy popular democracy advocates of the general assembly formula.

Both Jefferson and Jackson ...

So Andy is barking some tripe about an exit tax - something you'd never see in this country, but it's good for a bit of sensational sound-bite, no? Gotta sell those commercials.

[...]
Really?

Go here: Exit tax 877A US Citizens Renouncing Citizenship

I stand corrected. Thanks for that.

Interesting the following:
Assuming you are going forward with your decision to expatriate and you do not have access to a helpful tax treaty there is little to do except keep your net worth less than $2 million or manage unrealized gains so that they fall within the $600,000 exemption. Consider gifts if they otherwise make sense or how best to own property with a spouse who is not legally connected to the US.

So now we know what those Cook Islands trusts are good for.

Think Mitt is planning a quick getaway after the election?

Rich, who was born in Worcester, Massachusetts, has Austrian citizenship through her deceased father, said Michael Heidt, a lawyer in Hollywood, Florida, who represented her in a recent lawsuit.
He said Rich had dumped her U.S. passport "so that she can be closer to her family and to Peter Cervinka, her long-time partner." Rich's two daughters live in London; Cervinka, a wealthy property developer, is an Austrian national. Rich plans to make London her main residence and does not intend to acquire other passports, Heidt said.

What about taxes?

She was already dodging US taxes...Romney style:

The recent lawsuit against Rich was filed on behalf of Lee Goldberg, the former protector of a Cook Islands trust of which Rich is a beneficiary, in February. The case was dismissed in April, court records show.

The Cook Islands, a South Pacific tax haven, offers Swiss-style secrecy for wealthy investors.

(from the link in the OP)

Is Romney a Democrat? :confused:

Forum List

Back