Another multi-millionaire renouncing citizenship over taxes

There is no evidence she did this because of US taxes. Another troll thread from the OP.

The ability to save money from taxes long term is no evidence?

I agree it's not a slam dunk, but i'd say the likelihood is pretty good.

No it is not evidence of motive.

My niece recently moved to Florida because she hates NY winters. She will also not pay state income tax.

Did she move to Florida to lower her taxes?

Moving and renouncing citizenship don't have to go hand in hand, apples and oranges.

Ah Another I've got mine so FUck everyone else bottom feeder leaves. We're better off with out her kind.

We know, we know. You feel the same way about all rich people (except George soros). I'm sure that you have been more beneficial through your tax donations than she has been, and that while we are better off without "her kind", you are an invaluable asset, what with your promotion of massive government and all...:clap2:

Ha ha ha. Of course the Right Wing will try to use this as a talking point. Call me when Buffet or Gates leave the country okay? As far as I'm concerned Saverin and this woman can leave. That's fine. Any money they still make over here will be taxed. Fuck them. I love how Conservatives get pissed if someone burns a fucking flag, but if a rich person gets pissy and takes their money and runs to avoid paying taxes (we call that tax dodging), they stand up and CHEER.

Way to encourage truly unpatriotic behavior, Right Wing nutbars.

There's nothing patriotic about paying taxes. Libs would like you to believe that, but only the morons are buying it.

Actually that is exactly what it is. Patriotic. To support your nation. To realize that if you were not living here you'd be in a world of shit.

Again typical rightist slant. Tax is the Debbles work! we are supposed to benefit from this nation by the very virtue of being from here we don't need to pay. We're special. We're excetional.

Yeah they got that right exceptionally thick witted.

I'm sure your tax bill indicates that you are, or ought to be, a medal of honor recipient. Moron.

I've already shown how big investors leaving and taking their money out of U.S. banks hurts the average joes.

Maybe she's the biggest bitch on the planet, doesn't mean we don't need her money here.

It might hurt a bit short term but she is making room for the next hard worker who won't cry like a little baby over paying taxes.

I don't care if she is a bitch or not, she has benefitted from this nations advances and high standing in the world and now wants to take what she's managed to get and run with it.

That is hardly an admirable individual and certanily not someone we will miss long term.

Millions of people want to come here for the chance to wrok hard and make something of htemselves . . .something they cannot do in large portions of the world.

Of course you do all realize that she went to europe . . .London. The UK has higher taxes than we do folks.

There you go again. First, she became a Austrian resident, second, if the rich people leave, they take with them (besides what Dr. Drock points out in banking) their wealth. Which means it will no longer circulate in this country. On top of that, the "millions" of people that want to come here and work hard better get a ticket and get in line. There are already millions of people that have been here, worked hard, got robbed by the govt. and their corp friends and are now looking to work hard and build wealth all over again....if they can manage.

You might be out of your element, Donnie.

Actually I read that she Austrian citizenship through a deceased relative but will be residing in London. London is still in the UK as far as I know. I never said she became a citizen of the UK. ONly that it is where she is residing and that the UK has a higher tax rate than we do. Which would lead to higher costs over all.

BTW - Austria has a higher tax rate than we do as well. FYI.

Last edited:
It might hurt a bit short term but she is making room for the next hard worker who won't cry like a little baby over paying taxes.

I don't care if she is a bitch or not, she has benefitted from this nations advances and high standing in the world and now wants to take what she's managed to get and run with it.

That is hardly an admirable individual and certanily not someone we will miss long term.

Millions of people want to come here for the chance to wrok hard and make something of htemselves . . .something they cannot do in large portions of the world.

Of course you do all realize that she went to europe . . .London. The UK has higher taxes than we do folks.

There you go again. First, she became a Austrian resident, second, if the rich people leave, they take with them (besides what Dr. Drock points out in banking) their wealth. Which means it will no longer circulate in this country. On top of that, the "millions" of people that want to come here and work hard better get a ticket and get in line. There are already millions of people that have been here, worked hard, got robbed by the govt. and their corp friends and are now looking to work hard and build wealth all over again....if they can manage.

Actually I read that she austian citizenship through a deceased relative but will be residing in London. London is still in the UK as far as I know. I never said she became a citizen of the UK. ONly that it is where she is residing and that the UK has a higher tax rate than we do. Which would lead to higher costs over all.

They also have no inheritance tax, shitstain.

How quickly the LOLberals will turn on their own when they go against the LOLberal grain.

"Fuck her!"

"She's no patriot!"

:lmao:

L:OLberals are not very bright.

No we are just more patriotic that the average dimwitted rupukelicans on the right.

LOL. Paying taxes does not make one patriotic. Unless 49% of all americans are unpatriotic. Those would be the same people that LOLberals are always trying to confiscate wealth from the rich to hand it over to. The poor people who pay no taxes.

You guys just want it both ways. You want to help the poor, damn the rich and then when the rich leave, you claim they aren't patriots because of taxation dodging while the poor pay nothing. Do you not see the log in your partisan eye there?

Jeebus LOLberals are fucking inept.

Ah Another I've got mine so FUck everyone else bottom feeder leaves. We're better off with out her kind.

We know, we know. You feel the same way about all rich people (except George soros). I'm sure that you have been more beneficial through your tax donations than she has been, and that while we are better off without "her kind", you are an invaluable asset, what with your promotion of massive government and all...:clap2:

Clealry I have a more patriotic outlook that she does.

Clearly I will continue to be an asset after the pathetic take what they can and slink away.

No I'm fine with rich people. I'm not fine with the slinkers and whiners whatever their ecconomic standing.

Last edited:
The ability to save money from taxes long term is no evidence?

I agree it's not a slam dunk, but i'd say the likelihood is pretty good.

My niece recently moved to Florida because she hates NY winters. She will also not pay state income tax.

Moving and renouncing citizenship don't have to go hand in hand, apples and oranges.

Don't change the subject. We're talking about her motive.

There's nothing patriotic about paying taxes. Libs would like you to believe that, but only the morons are buying it.

Actually that is exactly what it is. Patriotic. To support your nation. To realize that if you were not living here you'd be in a world of shit.

Again typical rightist slant. Tax is the Debbles work! we are supposed to benefit from this nation by the very virtue of being from here we don't need to pay. We're special. We're excetional.

I'm sure your tax bill indicates that you are, or ought to be, a medal of honor recipient. Moron.

Yeah I pay taxes every year. You know what, I also understand that is called cost of doing business and pay them without all the whining and gnashing of teeth that seems to some from the right regarding the practice.

I guess I'm just a better American.:cool:

LOL. Paying taxes does not make one patriotic. Unless 49% of all americans are unpatriotic. Those would be the same people that LOLberals are always trying to confiscate wealth from the rich to hand it over to. The poor people who pay no taxes.

You guys just want it both ways. You want to help the poor, damn the rich and then when the rich leave, you claim they aren't patriots because of taxation dodging while the poor pay nothing. Do you not see the log in your partisan eye there?

Jeebus LOLberals are fucking inept.

She's not leaving because of taxes. Try to make your barely coherent rants at least remotely relevant to the topic.

How quickly the LOLberals will turn on their own when they go against the LOLberal grain.

"Fuck her!"

"She's no patriot!"

:lmao:

L:OLberals are not very bright.

No we are just more patriotic that the average dimwitted rupukelicans on the right.

That's because your idea of patriotism involves degrading the military, fundamentally transforming your mother country, propping up the useless, weak, and lazy, and attacking the successful. While we on the right celebrate success, love our country, respect our soldiers, and expect individuals to pull their own weight.

Actually I read that she austian citizenship through a deceased relative but will be residing in London. London is still in the UK as far as I know. I never said she became a citizen of the UK. ONly that it is where she is residing and that the UK has a higher tax rate than we do. Which would lead to higher costs over all.

They also have no inheritance tax, shitstain.

Ahh name calling. Aren't you special!

Clealry I have a mre patriotic outlook that she does.

Clearly I will continue to be an asset after the pathetic take what they can and slink away.

No I'm fine with rich people. I'm not fine with the slinkers and whiners whatever their ecconomic standing.

You don't seem much like an asset. Indeed, you seem much more like a sinker and whiner.

Oh, my rant is coherent. To those that dont have a log jammed in their eye.

Regardless of whether she leaves for any reason, and you have no evidence to prove one way or the other, the people in this thread are calling her unpatriotic for tax dodging.

Please TRY and keep up. I know it is hard for LOLberals.

The tax structure ensures that people just won't be able to become wealthy. The government will take their money before it can be invested, before profits can be used to expand.

One or more countries will step up and be the new land of opportunity. Achievers will just go there.

Europe is the new land of opportunity? What drugs are you on and where can I get some of that Primo stuff?

Funny how in anther post I saw one of your right wingers spouting how there are more rich people thanever before. Which is?

Can't get rich? What a joke! Now that is a lazy American talking right there.

It's too hard Boo Hoo! Whaaa!!!! It should be easy to get rich! WTF? Where the hell did you get that nonsense?

Did I say Europe? I don't recall saying Europe. Denise Rich went to Europe, but Steve Wynn looks to China for his future saying "I think of Wynn Resorts as a Chinese Company." Eduardo Savarin gave up US citizenship for Singapore. SOME country will step up to the plate and fill the void left by the US as the land of opportunity.

Don't change the subject. We're talking about her motive.

I'm not.

We're talking about her motive for both moving and renouncing citizenship, not just moving.

Renouncing Your Citizenship: Madness Or Sanity?

Good information in the above link for those who want to know more in terms of the basics in such scenarios.

Yeah I pay taxes every year. You know what, I also understand that is called cost of doing business and pay them without all the whining and gnashing of teeth that seems to some from the right regarding the practice.

I guess I'm just a better American.:cool:

Sure you are. I'm sure all Americans appreciate your advocacy of more confiscation of wealth. You deserve a medal. I suggest you make one out of tinfoil, paint "I'm #1" on it, and show it off to your fellow OWS heros.

She was already dodging US taxes...Romney style:

The recent lawsuit against Rich was filed on behalf of Lee Goldberg, the former protector of a Cook Islands trust of which Rich is a beneficiary, in February. The case was dismissed in April, court records show.

The Cook Islands, a South Pacific tax haven, offers Swiss-style secrecy for wealthy investors.

(from the link in the OP)

The tax structure ensures that people just won't be able to become wealthy. The government will take their money before it can be invested, before profits can be used to expand.

One or more countries will step up and be the new land of opportunity. Achievers will just go there.

Europe is the new land of opportunity? What drugs are you on and where can I get some of that Primo stuff?

Funny how in anther post I saw one of your right wingers spouting how there are more rich people thanever before. Which is?

Can't get rich? What a joke! Now that is a lazy American talking right there.

It's too hard Boo Hoo! Whaaa!!!! It should be easy to get rich! WTF? Where the hell did you get that nonsense?

Did I say Europe? I don't recall saying Europe. Denise Rich went to Europe, but Steve Wynn looks to China for his future saying "I think of Wynn Resorts as a Chinese Company." Eduardo Savarin gave up US citizenship for Singapore. SOME country will step up to the plate and fill the void left by the US as the land of opportunity.

So Communist China is Captialisms great furture hope??!!??

Wow! Just WOW! That's brilliant.

Forum List

Back