Another multi-millionaire renouncing citizenship over taxes

Moving and renouncing citizenship don't have to go hand in hand, apples and oranges.

Don't change the subject. We're talking about her motive.

I'm not.

We're talking about her motive for both moving and renouncing citizenship, not just moving.

Renouncing Your Citizenship: Madness Or Sanity?

Good information in the above link for those who want to know more in terms of the basics in such scenarios.

There is no evidence she renounced her citizenship because of high taxes in the US. That was the OP's claim. It is unsupported by any available facts.

it is also unsupported to say she renounced her citizenship for any reason. One doesnt renounce just to go live abroad. They renounce to have no ties to the country. Is this really that hard to understand?

She was already dodging US taxes...Romney style:

The recent lawsuit against Rich was filed on behalf of Lee Goldberg, the former protector of a Cook Islands trust of which Rich is a beneficiary, in February. The case was dismissed in April, court records show.

The Cook Islands, a South Pacific tax haven, offers Swiss-style secrecy for wealthy investors.

(from the link in the OP)

Sure the conservatives love the Millitary, tax cheating, telling the poor and elderly to fuck off, claiming they are the job producers while producing jobs in nations where they can hire child and slave labor.

How could you not be for that. I mean fuck the poor they are that way for a reason (HEAVY SARC).

Europe is the new land of opportunity? What drugs are you on and where can I get some of that Primo stuff?

Funny how in anther post I saw one of your right wingers spouting how there are more rich people thanever before. Which is?

Can't get rich? What a joke! Now that is a lazy American talking right there.

It's too hard Boo Hoo! Whaaa!!!! It should be easy to get rich! WTF? Where the hell did you get that nonsense?

Did I say Europe? I don't recall saying Europe. Denise Rich went to Europe, but Steve Wynn looks to China for his future saying "I think of Wynn Resorts as a Chinese Company." Eduardo Savarin gave up US citizenship for Singapore. SOME country will step up to the plate and fill the void left by the US as the land of opportunity.

So Communist China is Captialisms great furture hope??!!??

Wow! Just WOW! That's brilliant.

Steve Wynn thinks so. He's pretty brilliant having made a gigantic company and all. But, you are much smarter than he is. Right?

The wealthy are leaving. Those looking to become wealthy are leaving. Liberalism is the firm conviction that the last three people willing to work will be able to support the 300 million that are government dependents.

Oh, my rant is coherent. To those that dont have a log jammed in their eye.

Regardless of whether she leaves for any reason, and you have no evidence to prove one way or the other, the people in this thread are calling her unpatriotic for tax dodging.

Please TRY and keep up. I know it is hard for LOLberals.

Hmmm, you didn't seem to have reached that conclusion when you posted this:

"Yup. This is how it starts, folks. First you see the rich flee to retain their wealth..."

lol

It's great to see the cons rallying to the defense of this woman, their new hero,

the same one they accused of bribing Bill Clinton to get her husband, Marc Rich,

a pardon.

Don't change the subject. We're talking about her motive.

I'm not.

We're talking about her motive for both moving and renouncing citizenship, not just moving.

Renouncing Your Citizenship: Madness Or Sanity?

Good information in the above link for those who want to know more in terms of the basics in such scenarios.

There is no evidence she renounced her citizenship because of high taxes in the US. That was the OP's claim. It is unsupported by any available facts.

There's motive, goes a long way in determining why someone goes from position A to position B.

Common sense doesn't need to be discarded. If i walk into mcdonald's and walk out a half hour later, you don't have to see me eat, but you conclude the likely reason I went in there was I was hungry. But there's an outside chance I walked in there to dance on the table.

It's a matter of likelihood, there's a good likelihood she left AND renounced her citizenship for tax purposes.

It's great to see the cons rallying to the defense of this woman, their new hero,

the same one they accused of bribing Bill Clinton to get her husband, Marc Rich,

a pardon.

I wouldn't do it.

Super rich people are geared to make every possible dollar and keep every possible dollar they can, that's why they're super rich. They aren't "only" worried about paying their bills and trying to save a few pennies like us average americans.

No matter what you think of these people personally, we middle class average joes need them here.

Oh, my rant is coherent. To those that dont have a log jammed in their eye.

Regardless of whether she leaves for any reason, and you have no evidence to prove one way or the other, the people in this thread are calling her unpatriotic for tax dodging.

Please TRY and keep up. I know it is hard for LOLberals.

Hmmm, you didn't seem to have reached that conclusion when you posted this:

"Yup. This is how it starts, folks. First you see the rich flee to retain their wealth..."

lol

Like I said, there are few reasons one renounces citizenship. Did she do it for tax reasons? We dont know, but we do know her lawyer pointed out she would save millions by becoming an expat.

You can specualte all you want. But give me one other reason someone renounces citizenship when they are that wealthy? What? She doesn't like the republicans? She doesnt like the freedoms here?

Give me another reason someone with that level of wealth would renounce?

More yellow journalism for people to chew on and make assumptions that don't quite fit the facts.

First, this excerpt appears at the end of the 1st section in the article quoted:
Rich, who was born in Worcester, Massachusetts, has Austrian citizenship through her deceased father, said Michael Heidt, a lawyer in Hollywood, Florida, who represented her in a recent lawsuit.

He said Rich had dumped her U.S. passport "so that she can be closer to her family and to Peter Cervinka, her long-time partner." Rich's two daughters live in London; Cervinka, a wealthy property developer, is an Austrian national. Rich plans to make London her main residence and does not intend to acquire other passports, Heidt said.

2nd, the article would have you believe that she could "save 10s of millions on taxes". Down at the bottom of the article, you'll see that she already has at least one trust fund to shelter her from paying taxes - just like Mitt. So most of her money is likely kept at arms length from the "greedy" hands of the government already.

The article assumes facts not in evidence and would have us make the assumption that she's attempting to flee with all her money.

3rd, I saw it mentioned here that she (and others) would be taking her millions with her and that those dollars would no longer circulate in our economy. How much circulation do you think actually happens? Her investments would likely include the same domestic and foreign firms, no matter where she called home. The PROFITS from those investments (and her royalties) go into a nice, safe tax sheltered account and stay there until she needs a new yacht.

Apart from that, her money is HER money.

Title: Zxereus challenges himself to a duel. :eusa_clap:

Socialite Denise Rich Dumps U.S. Passport

(Reuters) - Denise Rich, the wealthy socialite and former wife of pardoned billionaire trader Marc Rich, has given up her U.S. citizenship - and, with it, much of her U.S. tax bill.

Rich, 68, a Grammy-nominated songwriter and glossy figure in Democratic and European royalty circles, renounced her American passport in November, according to her lawyer.

Her maiden name, Denise Eisenberg, appeared in the Federal Register on April 30 in a quarterly list of Americans who renounced their U.S. citizenship and permanent residents who handed in their green cards.

By dumping her U.S. passport, Rich likely will save tens of millions of dollars or more in U.S. taxes over the long haul, tax lawyers say.

Rich, who wrote songs recorded by Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige and Jessica Simpson, is the latest bold-faced name to join a wave of wealthy people renouncing their American citizenship. Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin gave up his U.S. passport to become a citizen of Singapore, an offshore tax haven, before the company's initial public offering in May.

Socialite Denise Rich Dumps U.S. Passport - Yahoo! Finance

and you imagine this has to do with the tax battle? :cuckoo: the very same tax rate she lived under for ages already has her upset enough to renounce her passport?

yeah right, she'll renew sooner or later. what a doofus you are. :laugh2:

Last edited:
poor Zxereus challenges himself to a duel.

More yellow journalism for people to chew on and make assumptions that don't quite fit the facts.

First, this excerpt appears at the end of the 1st section in the article quoted:
Rich, who was born in Worcester, Massachusetts, has Austrian citizenship through her deceased father, said Michael Heidt, a lawyer in Hollywood, Florida, who represented her in a recent lawsuit.

He said Rich had dumped her U.S. passport "so that she can be closer to her family and to Peter Cervinka, her long-time partner." Rich's two daughters live in London; Cervinka, a wealthy property developer, is an Austrian national. Rich plans to make London her main residence and does not intend to acquire other passports, Heidt said.

2nd, the article would have you believe that she could "save 10s of millions on taxes". Down at the bottom of the article, you'll see that she already has at least one trust fund to shelter her from paying taxes - just like Mitt. So most of her money is likely kept at arms length from the "greedy" hands of the government already.

The article assumes facts not in evidence and would have us make the assumption that she's attempting to flee with all her money.

3rd, I saw it mentioned here that she (and others) would be taking her millions with her and that those dollars would no longer circulate in our economy. How much circulation do you think actually happens? Her investments would likely include the same domestic and foreign firms, no matter where she called home. The PROFITS from those investments (and her royalties) go into a nice, safe tax sheltered account and stay there until she needs a new yacht.

Apart from that, her money is HER money.

yeah, poor Zxereus challenges himself to a duel. :eusa_clap:

a pardon.

Funny, I don't see anyone rallying to her defense, all I see are dispassionate observations of the parallel between her actions and those of the characters in 'Atlas Shrugged'...

OY!

Ayn Rand - Atlas shrugged - now there's a few hours of my life wasted read complete tripe.

Yeah I'm gonna base my world view on novel. :cuckoo:

Why not pick a good novel at least?

I read the article. Nowhere in it did I see anything about her political affiliations. What makes you think she was a democrat?

Actually it did say

"Rich, 68, a Grammy-nominated songwriter and glossy figure in Democratic and European royalty circles, renounced her American passport in November, according to her lawyer."

That's the basis? Should we also assume she was a princess?

LOL, I'm just telling you what they're going off of. Remember these people all of a sudden care about what some democrat socialite thinks.

Actually it did say

"Rich, 68, a Grammy-nominated songwriter and glossy figure in Democratic and European royalty circles, renounced her American passport in November, according to her lawyer."

LOL, I'm just telling you what they're going off of. Remember these people all of a sudden care about what some democrat socialite thinks.

I don't know. Sometimes I have to wonder whether rational thought has simply gone out of vogue.

Actually it did say

Could be that, or we could care about the tax policy, which is exactly what every single one of us is talking about here.

She was already dodging US taxes...Romney style:

The recent lawsuit against Rich was filed on behalf of Lee Goldberg, the former protector of a Cook Islands trust of which Rich is a beneficiary, in February. The case was dismissed in April, court records show.

The Cook Islands, a South Pacific tax haven, offers Swiss-style secrecy for wealthy investors.

(from the link in the OP)

Sure the conservatives love the Millitary, tax cheating, telling the poor and elderly to fuck off, claiming they are the job producers while producing jobs in nations where they can hire child and slave labor.

How could you not be for that. I mean fuck the poor they are that way for a reason (HEAVY SARC).
Go Chang your tampon, queenie. We do love the military, so you got that part right. And I know that chaps your hide. The progressive hatred of the military is wel known. As Fortas cheats- we think they belong in jail. Not in this administration. It is progressives that coddle them these days. S for the poor and elderly, we care about them beyond votes. We don't believe they are victims. And we sure don't believe they are so helpless that their only salvation is through the goodness of big daddy government.

But keep up your smug self assurance that only lefty douchebags like yourself care on whit about anything or anyone. And wash out your vagina once in awhile. I can smell your foul carcass through my keyboard.

No one cares what Denise Rich thinks. She's just an example of what's going on. We hear about Denise Rich leaving. We don't hear about the others that are leaving.

Forum List

Back