ANOTHER mass shooting? TIme to grow up folks; HOW do we address this?

Don't suppose distance to a crime ridden country has ANY part in that?

It may, yet New Mexico has half the rate of armed robberies than Texas and a much lower rate than South Carolina. In any case, one can't discount easy access to handguns being a significant factor. But the argument remains that the contention that being more armed makes us safer is a myth.

I'd rather be armed when some asshole breaks into my house than unarmed.

Alarms are an alternative to you actually shooting someone.

So you really don't care how easy it is for the mentally ill or criminals to obtain guns. And why would I have to give criminals access to law enforcement computers? You assume that a "law abiding" private seller would have only a single option to determine if the buyer is disallowed to make the purchase.

You're not very bright.

Funny how you didn't actually answer my question. the simple fact is that the only reason background checks are not required for private gun sales is that no one can figure out how to require them without giving everyone access to the law enforcement databases that are used for them.

Bullshit. Licensed gun dealers have access to data entry screens, not access to law enforcement databases. You're probably too dense to understand the difference. You could also just use a telephone for private sales, or have a purchaser produce some official documentation that he's entitled to own a firearm.

The reason we don't do anything at all to stop private sales, is because the right wing doesn't want to. They could care less about criminals or mentally ill having access to purchase firearm.

Why does the liberal left think that the minority party controls the country? For 2 to almost 3 years the democrats controlled everything and could have done anything, yet they did not. Sounds to me like it is them you should have a beef.

People who want to own firearms should undergo a thorough background check. Noone should be able to buy firearms at gun shows, auctions only at a licensed dealership and never without a background check.

Anyone who owns a gun now should have to submit to a background check and be licensed. Either that or give up their guns. If they resist, they should be fined heavily and then give up their guns.

If you live with someone who is mentally ill, no guns.

Sarah G is repeating a myth
Here in North Carolina we do back ground checks for purchase permits, and even for gun shows so shut the fuck up.
If you live with someone who is mentally ill the person should be in a mental institution. Why do you support allowing mentally ill people out on the streets?

No, it is not a myth. It is a LIE.

They do lead the country in murder RATES, which is what I said. Totals make no sense, when talking about crime.

The murder rate in Louisiana is 7.75 per 100,000, while New York is 2.64. As for cities, how can we compare them in any reasonable way. I'm sure that cities have higher homicide rates. I'm also sure that criminal on criminal murder is the most dominant form in cities.

In any case, the argument that handgun ownership reduces or deters crime is bullshit. The armed robbery rate in Texas, for example, is 64.57 per 100,000 while in New York it's 12.97. That's almost a 5 to 1 difference.

DC has a higher murder rate than any state, it also has the lowest per capita legal gun ownership. How does that fit in with your theory?

Maryland and Virginia sell handguns like candy. I'm also not comparing a state to a city. That makes no sense. The fact remains that those states with the highest handgun ownership rates, and laxest laws tend to have significantly more gun related crime.

Now if you want the fools errand of comparing similar size cities, why not start with DC compared to New Orleans.

That is the purpose of using per capita rates, so that people can compare divergent populations. If you want to use some other method you are going to have to explain it in a way that makes sense to intelligent people, which probably means you should stick to standard statistical modelling, so that intelligent people can explain them to you.

Think about it folks, is taking a gun away going to make idiots like this man any more sane?

What keeping guns out of his hands may do is limit the amount of carnage but it isn't going to make him sane.

So here are my suggestions.

1. No more online gun sales.

2. If you want to own a HANDGUN or an ASSULT weapon then you are responsible for gun control. IF you lose control, as in the weapon is used in a crime, then you are also held responsible. Even if the gun were stolen. If you want to have a killer dog then you must keep that dog away from society. If it escapes and hurts someone then you will be found responsible. It could be no different with hand guns and assault weapons. You have the freedom to own them you just have to have the responsibility to control them.

Explain, in detail, EXACTLY what an "assault weapon" is. be specific.

A HUNDRED americans killed EVERY DAY on the highways and nothing is done about that. Reckless driving dwarfs the gun problem. You libs need to shut up about guns until you demand things like

1. national speed limit of 50 mph

2. Drunk driving and texting while driving automatic felonies with 5 year license susp.

3. $500 fine for running a red

I have no problem with your points #2 and #3.

However, a 50 mph speed limit is simply not rational. It would be OK on two lane roads, but it would defeat the purpose of an Interstate or any other controlled access multiple lane highway.

Someday, when you have the time and and inclination, take I-90 through North Dakota and Montana sticking to 50 mph, and tell me how you managed to retain your sanity.

It may, yet New Mexico has half the rate of armed robberies than Texas and a much lower rate than South Carolina. In any case, one can't discount easy access to handguns being a significant factor. But the argument remains that the contention that being more armed makes us safer is a myth.

Tell that to people that have had their homes invaded while they were there.

Somehow, the USA went from its inception to the mid-1960s before we experienced a major school mass shooting (University of Texas...1966). Since then, it has gone to High School, Middle School, and now Kindergarten. What happened? Guns were available all of that time (couple hundred years). Why all of the violence now?

Liberalism. That's the only thing that's different

So.....because o' Liberalism.....people are being murdered, more-efficiently, presently??

I'm fairly-certain it was a "conservative" who came-up with the 30-round-clip.

Source? Wait, I forgot, you don't do "facts", you just pull things out of your ass.

And note: Charles Whitman (the 1966 UT sniper) didn't use a "30 round clip". He used a bolt-action rifle.

So you really don't care how easy it is for the mentally ill or criminals to obtain guns. And why would I have to give criminals access to law enforcement computers? You assume that a "law abiding" private seller would have only a single option to determine if the buyer is disallowed to make the purchase.

You're not very bright.

Funny how you didn't actually answer my question. the simple fact is that the only reason background checks are not required for private gun sales is that no one can figure out how to require them without giving everyone access to the law enforcement databases that are used for them.

Bullshit. Licensed gun dealers have access to data entry screens, not access to law enforcement databases. You're probably too dense to understand the difference. You could also just use a telephone for private sales, or have a purchaser produce some official documentation that he's entitled to own a firearm.

The reason we don't do anything at all to stop private sales, is because the right wing doesn't want to. They could care less about criminals or mentally ill having access to purchase firearm.

Data screens? What the fuck are you talking about? Is a data screen some type of magical device that can determine if someone has a criminal record without accessing some type of database somewhere?

Let me explain some facts to you, when they first started to require a background check to purchase guns they used the waiting period to give police time to run people's names. The problem was that police, who actually prefer that no one have gins but them, often didn't actually run the required checks. States tried to mandate them anyway, but there were excuses about lack of funds and manpower.

Then we got the internet, this allowed states to set up a central database that police could use to perform checks quickly, but they still didn't want to do them. States then gave licensed dealers access to this database, for a fee. They also attached stiff criminal penalties for anyone who abused that access. Gun dealers livelihood depends on this database, so they have a strong incentive not to abuse it. As far as I know, none of them have.

All criminal background checks are required, by law, to clear through these databases. They contain criminal records, mental health records, and personal information, including home addresses and telephone numbers. There is, at this time, no way to conduct a background check without giving the seller access to this database. If you are some type of computer genius that knows how to build a foolproof system for checking background without actually giving people the ability to check backgrounds feel free to describe it. Given the fact that you think a computer screen is magic, I doubt you are actually a computer genius.

Another point, California has often tried to close the gun show loophole, they have always run into trouble from privacy advocates from the left wing, mostly because the right wing is powerless in that state.

Last edited:

Only of they do the shooting themselves.

Why does the liberal left think that the minority party controls the country? For 2 to almost 3 years the democrats controlled everything and could have done anything, yet they did not. Sounds to me like it is them you should have a beef.

In case you missed high school civics, the Senate can block any bill with only 40 votes.

DC has a higher murder rate than any state, it also has the lowest per capita legal gun ownership. How does that fit in with your theory?

Maryland and Virginia sell handguns like candy. I'm also not comparing a state to a city. That makes no sense. The fact remains that those states with the highest handgun ownership rates, and laxest laws tend to have significantly more gun related crime.

Now if you want the fools errand of comparing similar size cities, why not start with DC compared to New Orleans.

That is the purpose of using per capita rates, so that people can compare divergent populations. If you want to use some other method you are going to have to explain it in a way that makes sense to intelligent people, which probably means you should stick to standard statistical modelling, so that intelligent people can explain them to you.

And that's why I'm using per capita rates. I'm even ignoring the low density states, since they don't seem to have a problem. The fact remains that most gun ownership laws are state laws, and if I want to determine the impact, I'll look at similar demographics, and use incidence rates to make a comparison. Using that, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina, which have lax gun laws and higher handgun ownership, have higher rates of gun related crime, including murder and armed robberies than states with stricter laws like New York. Hell, Louisiana's murder rate is even twice that of oft cited Illinois.

FBI — Table 4

I think we should give them what they want --If you are a liberal Girls gone wild, undereducated black and a US citizen who does not speak english and has no identification you are not allowed to have a gun--all others OK you can own any gun you wish.

Look how dumb ya voted that says miles about your judgement.

That's a lie. Autos are well regulated. Drivers are licensed. There are fewer fatalities in car accidents today than 30 years ago, and most of it is due to mandated safety equipment.

At a state level... not a federal level....

Bullshit, liar boy.

FEDERAL
MOTOR VEHICLE
SAFETY STANDARDS
AND REGULATIONS

No.. the license and registration standards are NOT at a federal level.. you lose.. sorry.. end of story

I am an asshole that just calls it as I see it. I don't pull any punches so shut the fuck up.

Oh yea? Why don't you elaborate on how you see the world then with your little monkey eyes for us? A lot of those people you want to throw in these so called readily available mental instutiions are Veterns suffering from PSTD. Suppose they're just worthelss pieces of shit to you that don't deserve proper care and treatment.

I suppose you advocate throwing all those millions of people who suffer from mental illness yet take proper care of themselves and contribute to society in the same "readily availble" institutions.

The problem with the way you see things is it's thru shit screen filters. You haven't a clue about mental illness and you come across as a genuine asshole with your low brow thinking on hard issues.

So the STFU'ing needs to be coming from your corner dick head.

Suppose they're just worthelss pieces of shit to you that don't deserve proper care and treatment.
Those are your words and thoughts not mine.

You see dickhead - you said back on page 6, "
"If you live with someone who is mentally ill the person should be in a mental institution. "
PSTD is a mental illness according to the DSM-5. Veterens often suffer from this after combat.
So they are your words and thoughts. Did I mention you're a dick head?

Sarah G is repeating a myth
Here in North Carolina we do back ground checks for purchase permits, and even for gun shows so shut the fuck up.
If you live with someone who is mentally ill the person should be in a mental institution. Why do you support allowing mentally ill people out on the streets?

40% of all gun purchases in the US have no background checks. They're mostly from private sales.

As for your suggestion that we involuntarily incarcerate anyone with a mental illness shows what a pathetic little Nazi you are.

Private sales are fine because no one is going to sale a gun to someone they don't know, unless the gun is sold on the street and chance are the gun was stolen is the first place which would make it illegal to have.
So all in all back ground checks are still done if I sale a gun to someone I already know their background and the government doesn't need to know.

You're a fucking idiot. There's classified ads for guns all over. Here's one:

ARMSLIST - Virginia Gun Classifieds

No.. the license and registration standards are NOT at a federal level.. you lose.. sorry.. end of story

The word I used was regulated, you moron. Automobile standards are regulated at the federal level. You're one complete idiot.

The regulation of what can be IMPORTED is NOT the same.. nor is the use of a standardized safety system adopted by the collective states... .... you idiot fucking baboon... The registration and STANDARDS for registration are handled by the state... the licensing, testing for licensing, standards are also handled BY THE STATE.... because it is not a power held by the federal government.. and because of such the 10TH AMENDMENT COMES IN TO PLAY... for those powers not granted to the fed are held by the states and or the individuals... unlike the SECOND AMENDMENT, which clearly shows the individual's right to bear arms...

Go fucking kill yourself and save the world some oxygen... also it will raise the collective IQ of all of us left

Last edited:
So shithead...when you ban all gun sales, then every gun sale after that won't involve a single background check....and odds are the criminals will buy more weapons than good people.

Maybe you do want the criminals to overpower innocent people....

Sorry, you lying little ass suck, but nowhere did I suggest banning guns. And thousands of "good people" every day go through background checks, when they purchase from a licensed dealer. And I'm sure thousands of criminals also purchase firearms from "good people" without having to go through a background check.

You are a fucking loon.

Wrong
I already explained it too you.

You lied. There's classified ads for private gun transactions all over the place. I even gave you just one site.

The word I used was regulated, you moron. Automobile standards are regulated at the federal level. You're one complete idiot.

The regulation of what can be IMPORTED is NOT the same.. nor is the use of a standardized safety system adopted by the collective states... .... you idiot fucking baboon... The registration and STANDARDS for registration are handled by the state... the licensing, testing for licensing, standards are also handled BY THE STATE.... because it is not a power held by the federal government.. and because of such the 10TH AMENDMENT COMES IN TO PLAY... for those powers not granted to the fed are held by the states and or the individuals... unlike the SECOND AMENDMENT, which clearly shows the individual's right to bear arms...

Go fucking kill yourself and save the world some oxygen... also it will raise the collective IQ of all of us left

The fact remains that 40% of all gun sales require no background checks. Some states don't even require you to show id for a private gun purchase. Since you were part of the crew of idiots that was whining about fast and furious, you should now know that even with actual straw purchases, it's just a matter of paying a small fine in some locales, like Arizona.

You are one complete lying sack of shit and a total waste of skin.

Forum List

Back