Another Juror, B29, speaks out.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
George Zimmerman Juror Says He 'Got Away With Murder' - ABC News

"You can't put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty," said the woman who was identified only as Juror B29 during the trial. "But we had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence."

++++++++++++++++++++++

"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," Maddy said. "[But] the law couldn't prove it."

+++++++++++++++++++++++

"That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it," Maddy said. "But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty."

When asked by Roberts whether the case should have gone to trial, Maddy said, "I don't think so."

"I felt like this was a publicity stunt. This whole court service thing to me was publicity," she said.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I felt like I let a lot of people down, and I'm thinking to myself, 'Did I go the right way? Did I go the wrong way?'" she said.

"As much as we were trying to find this man guilty…they give you a booklet that basically tells you the truth, and the truth is that there was nothing that we could do about it," she said. "I feel the verdict was already told."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

She said she believes she owes Trayvon Martin's parents an apology because she feels "like I let them down."

"It's hard for me to sleep, it's hard for me to eat because I feel I was forcefully included in Trayvon Martin's death. And as I carry him on my back, I'm hurting as much [as] Trayvon's Martin's mother because there's no way that any mother should feel that pain," she said.

Ok, now for my comments..

1 - Congratulations for recognizing that the Prosecutors did not prove the case they brought against Zimmerman and finally voting the way you did.

That is what you are supposed to do. The Evidence is what is needed to convict, not what you "Feel", not what you think you "owe" to others to do.

2 - I agree that this should never have had gone to court. It was politically pressured into going there. The Prosecutor even skipped the Grand Jury because she was afraid they would return a "No Bill".

3 - You don't owe Travyon's parents anything. If you had voted to convict Zimmerman despite the evidence but because of your "feelings" you would be owing Zimmerman and his family a lot more than just an apology.

You did the right thing. What you are feeling is a result of the political pressure being put on everyone by the race baiters who want to score political points for their agenda.

Let's look at the mentality of this type person.

Quote:
{She said the jury was following Florida law and the evidence, she said, did not prove murder.}

Quote:
{However, on the second day of deliberations, after spending nine hours discussing the evidence, Maddy said she realized there wasn't enough proof to convict Zimmerman of murder or manslaughter under Florida law.}

Quote:
{"That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it," Maddy said. "But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty." }

When asked by Roberts whether the case should have gone to trial, Maddy said, "I don't think so."

"I felt like this was a publicity stunt. This whole court service thing to me was publicity," she said.

So in short, she "wanted" GZ to be guilty but the law says he is not guilty...

We hon, guess what, if the evidence does not back up the charges then he is innocent and in this case the evidence showed that Trayvon Martin attacked George Zimmerman and brought about his own death, it was not murder, it was self-defense.

Yep. Just as I thought. B29 is going to play the victim role and state that the rest of the ALL WHITE jurors bullied her into voting not guilty for George. Well guess what, she made that conscience decision and she will have to live with it. I guess she will write a book how she felt oppressed in the deliberation room

This should cause a lot of discussion. <my comment

Zimmerman juror says he 'got away with murder' - chicagotribune.com

A juror in the George Zimmerman trial who had recently moved to Florida from Chicago said today that Zimmerman "got away with murder" for killing Trayvon Martin and feels she owes an apology to Martin's parents.

"You can't put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty," the woman, identified only as Juror B29 during the trial, told ABC's "Good Morning America. "We had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence."

She said the evidence, under Florida law, did not prove murder.
<more>

Emotionally she wanted to convict but the law and evidence just wasn't there.

We knew that all along.

"You can't put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty," said the woman who was identified only as Juror B29 during the trial. "But we had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence."

++++++++++++++++++++++

"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," Maddy said. "[But] the law couldn't prove it."

+++++++++++++++++++++++

"That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it," Maddy said. "But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty."

"I felt like I let a lot of people down, and I'm thinking to myself, 'Did I go the right way? Did I go the wrong way?'" she said.

"As much as we were trying to find this man guilty…they give you a booklet that basically tells you the truth, and the truth is that there was nothing that we could do about it," she said. "I feel the verdict was already told."

She said she believes she owes Trayvon Martin's parents an apology because she feels "like I let them down."

"It's hard for me to sleep, it's hard for me to eat because I feel I was forcefully included in Trayvon Martin's death. And as I carry him on my back, I'm hurting as much [as] Trayvon's Martin's mother because there's no way that any mother should feel that pain," she said.

1 - Congratulations for recognizing that the Prosecutors did not prove the case they brought against Zimmerman and finally voting the way you did.

That is what you are supposed to do. The Evidence is what is needed to convict, not what you "Feel", not what you think you "owe" to others to do.

2 - I agree that this should never have had gone to court. It was politically pressured into going there. The Prosecutor even skipped the Grand Jury because she was afraid they would return a "No Bill".

3 - You don't owe Travyon's parents anything. If you had voted to convict Zimmerman despite the evidence but because of your "feelings" you would be owing Zimmerman and his family a lot more than just an apology.

You did the right thing. What you are feeling is a result of the political pressure being put on everyone by the race baiters who want to score political points for their agenda.

Have you ever served on a jury? For a murder trial? And if you did, were you given instructions from the judge that were so confusing even attorneys agree they couldn't follow them much less a layman?

I didn't think so.

this would be hilarious if that won't be so sad.

What an idiot.

Yep. Just as I thought. B29 is going to play the victim role and state that the rest of the ALL WHITE jurors bullied her into voting not guilty for George. Well guess what, she made that conscience decision and she will have to live with it. I guess she will write a book how she felt oppressed in the deliberation room

yep, she will use a "racist" card.
she is actually much more money-smart than the first juror - she knows how to play it safe :lol:

++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++

She should have kept quiet. I don't need to hear of her confusion, ambivalence and touchy freely emotions.

Have you ever served on a jury? For a murder trial? And if you did, were you given instructions from the judge that were so confusing even attorneys agree they couldn't follow them much less a layman?

I didn't think so.

Nope. I have only been called for Jury Duty once and it was filled before I was called up to answer any questions.

But that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the jury instructions, evidence, or anything else with this trial.

There was nothing confusing about anything here except as to why the Prosecutor brought the charges.

So the juror thinks he got away with murder?

lol, that seems to be slightly in conflict with the widespread opinion around here, by the Zimm fans,

that the jury found him not guilty because they believed he acted in self defense.

I wonder how juror B-1, B-17, B-24, B-25, and B-52 feel?
Exactly. I want to see them come out and defend themselves against the allegations that they bullied the only minority in the jury.

Don't forget, as the media apparently has, that a Black Juror was dismissed because they watch Fox News by the Prosecution.
?A Fox News Watcher?: Ejection Of Black Zimmerman Juror Over Ideology Embarrasses Race-Obsessed Pundits | Mediaite

Even if you resent it, you have to appreciate when reality cuts against the pundit-promoted narrative of the moment. In the wake of the verdict which found George Zimmerman not culpable for the killing of Trayvon Martin, many commentators lashed out at the justice system itself. With a nearly all-white jury, some political commentators asked how anyone could have anticipated an outcome other than full acquittal. On CNN today, it was revealed that it was the prosecution that ensured the jury would be composed primarily of white women. Why? One of the only black potential jurors being considered was nixed by the prosecution because he watched Fox News.

“Do Trayvon Martin’s parents, you think, I mean, when they look at the jury makeup and they look at the decision that jury came to, do they say, ‘Why didn’t we have an African-American on the jury? Why did we have six white women?’” asked CNN anchor Carol Costello on Tuesday.

CNN legal analyst Mark Nejame launched into a lengthy reply identifying the low percentage go black residents of Seminole County which justified the monochromatic makeup of the jury pool.

“Although, if I remember correctly one of the prosecutors struck a black, a potential black juror from the jury,” Costello recalled.

“Yeah, he was also — I was just — he was also a Fox News watcher,” replied a snickering Political Director for Russell Simmons’ website TheGlobalGrind.com, Michael Skolnick. “So that was, you know, problematic for the prosecution.”

I didn't think so.

Nope. I have only been called for Jury Duty once and it was filled before I was called up to answer any questions.

But that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the jury instructions, evidence, or anything else with this trial.

There was nothing confusing about anything here except as to why the Prosecutor brought the charges.

The prosecutor probably brought the charges because he believed what the jury believed,

that Zimmerman was a murderer.

Forum List

Back