Stand your Ground(?)- for real....

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DH8gkcvOQ8#at=47]SHOCK! Does Stand Your Ground Apply - 23-Woman Pops Trunk, pulls rifle on Thugs at Gas Station - YouTube[/ame]

they cut the video at the point where the guy takes a poke at her and she brings up the rifle, racks it (?) and..........bang.

Texas Law reads;
9.31. Self-Defense, covers the use of non-deadly force in self-defense.

Section (e) provides:

A person who has a right to be present at the location where the force is used, who has not provoked the person against whom the force is used, and who is not engaged in criminal activity at the time the force is used is not required to retreat before using force as described by this section.

9.32. Deadly Force in Defense of Person covers the use of deadly force in self-defense.

Section (c) provides:

A person who has a right to be present at the location where the deadly force is used, who has not provoked the person against whom the deadly force is used, and who is not engaged in criminal activity at the time the deadly force is used is not required to retreat before using deadly force as described by this section.
Houston Gas Station Shooting | Stand-Your-Ground Unlikely

the guy takes a swing at her and hits her even after he has to have seen she has taken a rifle out of here trunk, right in front of him.......*shrugs* sux to be stupid.

I wish we had the "stand your ground " law nationwide. WHO the HELL thinks self defense is wrong? If I call 911 it takes 5 to 15 minutes for the police to show up, if I do something drastic to defend myself, even if I am mistaken, I didn’t create the situation ,it is manslaughter and a mandatory jail sentence despite the fact I didn't do anything less than defend myself. THAT is not reasonable nor is that in the spirit of out constitution.

Forum List

Back