Another honor killing.

And if any libs want this moved to the religion forum, that would mean they agree that this sort of radical act is connected to Islam.

No need, because it isn't a religious rite. It's a cultural one. It predates Islam by centuries. And the other monotheist religions as well. Got nothing to do with Islam. In fact Islam forbids it.

And we've done this to death, pardon the pun, many times before.

Is this latest croc of shit that libtards are peddling? It's patently obvious that many Islamists believe in honor killing as justified by their religion. Therefore, debating the origins of honor killings could not be more lame...

Muslims do nintey plus percent of honor killings...and in fact leniency or no punishment for honor killings is a doctrine rooted in Islam.

You are being redirected...

Horseshit.

I've already documented this, here and in other threads. You should have read those posts before you embarrassed yourself yet again. The FACT is (a) "honor killing" is a SOCIAL (not religious) construct that long predates Islam (and other contemporary organized religions) and (b) is in fact forbidden by Islam. Those are not opinions but facts. Your hyperparanoid bigotry is simply not a player in that.

Btw I love your link to the "90%" crock.

B'loney. Honor killings are an aspect of Sharia Law. Sharia Law is ISLAMIC Law.

And if any libs want this moved to the religion forum, that would mean they agree that this sort of radical act is connected to Islam.

No need, because it isn't a religious rite. It's a cultural one. It predates Islam by centuries. And the other monotheist religions as well. Got nothing to do with Islam. In fact Islam forbids it.

Is this latest croc of shit that libtards are peddling? It's patently obvious that many Islamists believe in honor killing as justified by their religion. Therefore, debating the origins of honor killings could not be more lame...

Muslims do nintey plus percent of honor killings...and in fact leniency or no punishment for honor killings is a doctrine rooted in Islam.

Horseshit.

I've already documented this, here and in other threads. You should have read those posts before you embarrassed yourself yet again. The FACT is (a) "honor killing" is a SOCIAL (not religious) construct that long predates Islam (and other contemporary organized religions) and (b) is in fact forbidden by Islam. Those are not opinions but facts. Your hyperparanoid bigotry is simply not a player in that.

You're the one embarrassing yourself. Throwing the 'culture' stuff into the equation doesn't refute all the Muslims doing their honor killings. It doesn't refute the Muslim govts that justify and/or look the other way on it either. Stating facts isn't bigotry, ahole. It's stating facts.

"Another honor killing."

Another ignorant, hateful rightist thread that fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

My scorecard has it down as cum hoc.

As Gasbag is about to demonstrate right here:

Horseshit.

You're the one embarrassing yourself. Throwing the 'culture' stuff into the equation doesn't refute all the Muslims doing their honor killings. It doesn't refute the Muslim govts that justify and/or look the other way on it either. Stating facts isn't bigotry, ahole. It's stating facts.

It's a cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. And it's already disproved by anthropological evidence, the Qu'ran and early posts in this thread. And others. And there's not a damn thing you and the Bigot Brigade can do about that.

But you go on throwing your ball after you've already lost the game and both teams have left the field. It suits your mentality.

Horseshit.

Honor killings are "an aspect of Sharia" only in that they are prohibited by it.

Batfink gets a medal for careful wording that got a thanks from the Bigot Brigade because they didn't read it closely enough. Well played. :thup:

Horseshit.

Honor killings are "an aspect of Sharia" only in that they are prohibited by it.

Batfink gets a medal for careful wording that got a thanks from the Bigot Brigade because they didn't read it closely enough. Well played. :thup:

Link?

Horseshit.

Link?

But of course!

:D

Horseshit.

Link?

But of course!

Thanks, but that is nonrespsonsive. Hundreds of women each year are killed by Islamist who believe honor killings are justified under Sharia. Women and girls are further abused via genital mutilation. It's not a friendly system for females, bub.

Horseshit.

Link?

But of course!

Thanks, but that is nonrespsonsive. Hundreds of women each year are killed by Islamist who believe honor killings are justified under Sharia. Women and girls are further abused via genital mutilation. It's not a friendly system for females, bub.

Funny then that no one can link this alleged connection and just go with association fallacy even though it's been disproven.

Why do Hindus honor-kill? Are they suddenly consulting Sharia? Why do Sikhs? Christians? Non-religious people? Association (cum hoc) fallacies don't work. Sure there's a lot of afflicted patriarchy out there, within Islamic places and without. Just as there are Islamic areas not so afflicted. The association doesn't work.

So I was kidding linking to your own post. I did all this back at the beginning of the thread -- posts 8 and 11. They still stand unmolested.

(Islam: Hyperpatriarchy ... know the difference. Now if you want to go after the latter, the real underlying cause of this and so much other shit, I'll be right on the front lines --- bring Batfink and we'll shred that shit.)

My second link above in fact is from Morocco, one of those Islamic areas where honor killings don't happen. Why not? Because it isn't part of the underlying ancient culture, that's why. It's just as Islamic as, say, Pakistan, where honor killings DO happen.

That link came from a thread where a USMB poster took a murder in Phoenix (AridZona) and tried to suggest both "Islam" and "honor killing" -- by a Moroccan -- in a thread that had nothing to do with either one. That's where this kind of ignorance leads.

And FGM -- same thing, same cultural origins. Islam regards it as pagan and barbaric. We've done that before too. If I get time I'll look up those threads since they didn't "take". Wonder if Coyote remembers......?

Last edited:

Honor killings happen frequently here in America as a result of everyday gang culture. And its mostly men who pay the price for their betrayals, their disrespect, and the dishonor they've brought upon their family.

Wrong, numskull. You have a Constitutional right to live. You don't have a Constitutional right to have a business serve you or provide you with birth control.

lol, so where does the line fall on special privileges for people who want to violate the rights of others in the name of their religion?

PS, you do have a constitutional right to be served by a business.

It falls on the side where you have actual rights.

That's meaningless gibberish. The right to equal treatment by public accommodations is an actual right.

Wrong. It's a legal fiction. Your theory that rights are created by government has been demonstrated to be bogus 10,000 times in this forum.

If I have a legal right to be served by a business, then why can't I show up to a Masarati dealer with a $5 bill and demand a car?
Because, my good Person; economic forms of discrimination and preference are both socially acceptable and legal under any form of Capitalism.

Horseshit.

Link?

But of course!

I believe we should "harass a Judge" for the feminine Cause and petition for help with social forms of probity, with probationary wives or husbands.

You say that Islam forbids honor killing and I agree with you. I'm feeling a little lazy today, so I'm just going to copy and paste from something I had written earlier:

I have studied the Qur'an and I cannot comprehend how Sunnis and Shiites could kill each other without fear of offending their God. Their Holy Book clearly states that Muslims who intentionally kill other Muslims are condemned to hell. Even those who kill other believers by mistake are subjected to penalties. The following is from the Qur'an (M.H. Shakir Translation):

[4.92] And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave, and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a convenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively: a penance from Allah, and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

[4.93] And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his punishment is hell; he shall abide in it, and Allah will send His wrath on him and curse him and prepare for him a painful chastisement.

I always thought that those who observed the Five Pillars of Faith were considered to be Muslims. I know that the Sunnis and Shiites disagree on some things such as Muhammad's successor but these disagreements do not change the fact that they are all Muslims. Yet, in spite of this they seem to be letting political and minor ideological differences trump the specific commands of the Qur'an. I don't get it.

Note: Although what I have stated so far involves the Shiite/Sunni conflict, the same thing applies to honor killings. There is nothing within the pages of the Qur'an which justifies these honor killings which means that those who commit them are to be punished in hell the same as an unbeliever. If I'm wrong, show me. These honor killings have nothing to do with Islam; rather, they are the result of those who profess to be Muslims but are either ignorant of, or indifferent to, the tenets of the Islamic faith.

Last edited:
I see that liberals equate murder with the refusal to bake a cake.

If the comparison was truly made it wouldn't be committing an honor killing. It would be the refusal to commit an honor killing that violates islamic beliefs.

Should refusal to commit an honor killing be treated the same way as refusing to bake a cake? Maybe start fining men who refuse to murder their daughters. Start closing their businesses.

Suspected ‘honor killing’ stokes German fears about customs, crimes of Middle Eastern refugees
By Benjamin Weinthal

Published October 09, 2015

BERLIN – The alleged “honor killing” last month of a young pregnant woman who fled Syria after being gang raped is the latest case to leave Germans horrified by the crimes and customs of some of the refugees pouring in from the war-torn Middle East.

The woman, identified only as Rokstan M., fled Syria in 2011 after being gang-raped by Syrian soldiers and found work as an interpreter. After authorities in the small, eastern city of Dessau discovered her body, stabbed and buried behind a housing complex for Syrian refugees Friday, suspicion has focused on her father and brothers, who prosecutors believe may have killed her because the gang rape left her “unclean.”

“I was taken by three men. Ever since that time my family has regarded me as unclean."

Suspected ‘honor killing’ stokes German fears about customs, crimes of Middle Eastern refugees

You say that Islam forbids honor killing and I agree with you. I'm feeling a little lazy today, so I'm just going to copy and paste from something I had written earlier:

I have studied the Qur'an and I cannot comprehend how Sunnis and Shiites could kill each other without fear of offending their God. Their Holy Book clearly states that Muslims who intentionally kill other Muslims are condemned to hell. Even those who kill other believers by mistake are subjected to penalties. The following is from the Qur'an (M.H. Shakir Translation):

[4.92] And it does not behoove a believer to kill a believer except by mistake, and whoever kills a believer by mistake, he should free a believing slave, and blood-money should be paid to his people unless they remit it as alms; but if he be from a tribe hostile to you and he is a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (suffices), and if he is from a tribe between whom and you there is a convenant, the blood-money should be paid to his people along with the freeing of a believing slave; but he who cannot find (a slave) should fast for two months successively: a penance from Allah, and Allah is Knowing, Wise.

[4.93] And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his punishment is hell; he shall abide in it, and Allah will send His wrath on him and curse him and prepare for him a painful chastisement.

I always thought that those who observed the Five Pillars of Faith were considered to be Muslims. I know that the Sunnis and Shiites disagree on some things such as Muhammad's successor but these disagreements do not change the fact that they are all Muslims. Yet, in spite of this they seem to be letting political and minor ideological differences trump the specific commands of the Qur'an. I don't get it.

Note: Although what I have stated so far involves the Shiite/Sunni conflict, the same thing applies to honor killings. There is nothing within the pages of the Qur'an which justifies these honor killings which means that those who commit them are to be punished in hell the same as an unbeliever. If I'm wrong, show me. These honor killings have nothing to do with Islam; rather, they are the result of those who profess to be Muslims but are either ignorant of, or indifferent to, the tenets of the Islamic faith.

That there's even a reference to it in the Qu'ran, even if it were a neutral reference let alone a proscription against it, redemonstrates that it was already extant practice at the time of its writing. And the latest example just posted today redemonstrates its true roots in hyperpatriarchy and specifically its purpose as a tool of terror in the control of, and assumed male superiority over, women -- and ergo a sociocultural cancer exactly as old as hyperpatriarchy itself.

Presumably an appeal to faith, in the cases of those "honor killers" to whom faith is important, should be the effective avenue to suppress it. But the fact that it still persists over the admonition of the various religions strongly suggests the religions are not as influential as the ingrained primitive cultural traditions. Closely related to this whole dynamic are the brutal rape stories emanating from India -- same sociocultural hyperpatriarchal roots.

Forum List

Back