Another honor killing.

Why do you object to it? It's a religious practice protected by the 1st Amendment, isn't it?

Wrong, numskull. You have a Constitutional right to live. You don't have a Constitutional right to have a business serve you or provide you with birth control.

lol, so where does the line fall on special privileges for people who want to violate the rights of others in the name of their religion?

PS, you do have a constitutional right to be served by a business.

It falls on the side where you have actual rights.

That's meaningless gibberish. The right to equal treatment by public accommodations is an actual right.

Wrong. It's a legal fiction. Your theory that rights are created by government has been demonstrated to be bogus 10,000 times in this forum.

Okay so, constitutionally speaking, according to some of you RW'ers,

1. You can't kill someone even though you claim it's a part of your religion, but,

2. you can refuse service to a gay person or a black person, etc., by claiming it's part of your religion.

So, violating the rights of others can be legal by invoking one's religious freedom, but only in some cases.

The question is, how much violation of another person's rights is too much, when you're playing your religious rights special privilege card?

Again, you don't have a right to be served, so no one's rights have been violated.

Yes you do. It was established by law in the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and upheld in subsequent court cases.

Nope. That's a legal privilege, not a individual right. Government doesn't create actual rights.

Why do you object to it? It's a religious practice protected by the 1st Amendment, isn't it?

Wrong, numskull. You have a Constitutional right to live. You don't have a Constitutional right to have a business serve you or provide you with birth control.

lol, so where does the line fall on special privileges for people who want to violate the rights of others in the name of their religion?

That's meaningless gibberish. The right to equal treatment by public accommodations is an actual right.

Wrong. It's a legal fiction. Your theory that rights are created by government has been demonstrated to be bogus 10,000 times in this forum.

If I have a legal right to be served by a business, then why can't I show up to a Masarati dealer with a $5 bill and demand a car?

If I have a legal right to be served by a business, then why can't I show up to a Masarati dealer with a $5 bill and demand a car?

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.

Oh, so no retort besides "derp?"

Figures.

You're an idiot.

Figures.

If you want to argue that you have no right to own a gun because you can't take one from a store without paying for it,

what more retort do I need to prove you're an idiot?

And if any libs want this moved to the religion forum, that would mean they agree that this sort of radical act is connected to Islam.

No need, because it isn't a religious rite. It's a cultural one. It predates Islam by centuries. And the other monotheist religions as well. Got nothing to do with Islam. In fact Islam forbids it.

And we've done this to death, pardon the pun, many times before.

Is this latest croc of shit that libtards are peddling? It's patently obvious that many Islamists believe in honor killing as justified by their religion. Therefore, debating the origins of honor killings could not be more lame...

Muslims do nintey plus percent of honor killings...and in fact leniency or no punishment for honor killings is a doctrine rooted in Islam.

You are being redirected...

You're an idiot.

No, he's using absurdity to demonstrate the absurdity of your theory of rights.

You're an idiot.

Figures.

If you want to argue that you have no right to own a gun because you can't take one from a store without paying for it,

You have a right to own a gun, not to steal one from someone else.

And if any libs want this moved to the religion forum, that would mean they agree that this sort of radical act is connected to Islam.

Nothing in Islam about killing for honor. It's a cultural practice, not religious.

Given the things Islamic nations allow, like child marriage, if honor killings were part of the religion they'd make it legal I have no doubt. It's not part of the religion though. And as with the recent one in Pakistan, the punishment was death for the perpetrators - it's not legal.

You're an idiot.

Figures.

So what you are saying is there is no ABSOLUTE RIGHT to be sold an item? So there are allowed qualifications?

Next time be more clear, and you won't have to be spanked for your generalizations.

Are you that fucking stupid? Point here is that religious freedom goes so far. Doesn't include murder, denial of rights or being allowed to marry children. You guys whine that Christians don't want to provide abortions, yet yawn when another muslim kills in the name of religion. Sad that they don't treat their own family or friends any better than other infidels when someone breaks their evil sharia law. They believe they are right in killing those who dishonor them or anyone who is a non-muslim. And when in court, some jackass lawyer will try to get them off the hook by saying it's the only way they know.
Nobody is "yawning"; but Religionists. The left already knows we have a supreme law of the land we should not be, Infidel to, or protestant to, nor even renegade to.

You're an idiot.

Figures.

So what you are saying is there is no ABSOLUTE RIGHT to be sold an item? So there are allowed qualifications?

Next time be more clear, and you won't have to be spanked for your generalizations.

All sane persons know that a discussion about discrimination by businesses, and the right not to be discriminated against, is NOT talking about turning away people who can't pay.

Can you figure out which category that thus leaves you in?

Before you libs embarrass yourself by attacking the source and dismissing this, the article is citing an ABC report.

Then why didn't you just link to the ABC report, instead of filtering it through some whackjob's kidneys?

P.S.: It cites a CBS report, not an ABC report.

No need, because it isn't a religious rite. It's a cultural one. It predates Islam by centuries. And the other monotheist religions as well. Got nothing to do with Islam. In fact Islam forbids it.

And we've done this to death, pardon the pun, many times before.

Is this latest croc of shit that libtards are peddling? It's patently obvious that many Islamists believe in honor killing as justified by their religion. Therefore, debating the origins of honor killings could not be more lame...

Muslims do nintey plus percent of honor killings...and in fact leniency or no punishment for honor killings is a doctrine rooted in Islam.

You are being redirected...

Horseshit.

I've already documented this, here and in other threads. You should have read those posts before you embarrassed yourself yet again. The FACT is (a) "honor killing" is a SOCIAL (not religious) construct that long predates Islam (and other contemporary organized religions) and (b) is in fact forbidden by Islam. Those are not opinions but facts. Your hyperparanoid bigotry is simply not a player in that.

Btw I love your link to the "90%" crock.

Forum List

Back