Another GOP Congressman Suggests Migrant Children May Have Ebola

Fear mongering. Demagoguery. Deserves nothing less than ridicule, not validation.

"Well, yeah, gosh. It IS possible..."

EXACTLY - it is possible that aliens with Ebola will land in Oklahoma City next Thursday at 1 p.m.

So let 'em start ranting and fear-mongering THAT.

From my research, there are at least two confirmed cases of ebola here. Both of them brought here from Africa already sick with it. Granted they are US citizens, but should we really be bringing them here? We have destroyers with full hospitals on them, sending those to them would make more sense than bringing people with ebola into this country. Scary stuff.

Being quarantined is bad enough psychologically.

An American Being banned from US soil due to a disease? I disagree.

As for the fear mongering...

Enough of that shit already. Enough of the spin, the rhetoric, the bashing by our elected officials.

It is like they think we are idiots that will believe anything.

EXACTLY - it is possible that aliens with Ebola will land in Oklahoma City next Thursday at 1 p.m.

From my research, there are at least two confirmed cases of ebola here. Both of them brought here from Africa already sick with it. Granted they are US citizens, but should we really be bringing them here? We have destroyers with full hospitals on them, sending those to them would make more sense than bringing people with ebola into this country. Scary stuff.

Enough of that shit already. Enough of the spin, the rhetoric, the bashing by our elected officials.

I agree. But apparently enough people still fall for it. If it didn't work, the elected officials wouldn't fear monger.

Fear mongering. Demagoguery. Deserves nothing less than ridicule, not validation.

"Well, yeah, gosh. It IS possible..."

"Destroyers with full hospitals on them"!!! BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Destroyers do not have full hospitals on them. Most of them don't even have a real doctor on board. They have corpsmen in a small clinic. Stop manufacturing bullshit.

And they certainly don't have the level of quarantine and tertiary care that a real CDC collaborative hospital does.

"Two confirmed cases of ebola here." You say that as if they are wandering around in public places.

Jesus H. Christ. Just when you think the dumb can't get any dumber...

Last edited:

1) This thread is about fear mongering the idea that the children who are trying to come here may have Ebola.

2) Your idea of how to quarantine those two Americans who have Ebola only work if you trust the men on the ship to maintain a quarantine better than you trust those at Emory University.

The difference is, if it gets out on a ship, it goes no farther than the ship. If it gets out here, we're doomed.

Destroyers do not have full hospitals on them. Most of them don't even have a real doctor on board. They have corpsmen in a small clinic. Stop manufacturing bullshit.

And they certainly don't have the level of quarantine and tertiary care that a real CDC collaborative hospital does.

"Two confirmed cases of ebola here." You say that as if they are wandering around in public places.

I'm must have gotten the ship wrong. I should have said carriers. They have hospitals on them. I apologize, as I get older, certain words just leave my brain and I don't always find them right away. I guess I have sometimers. :D

And no, I said it as if they are here in this country and it could get out. They traveled here WITH the disease and it could have gotten out. I always though in case of something that could be a pandemic, they would be quarantined. Apparently I'm wrong in that case too.

Like I said, with the illegals, I would be more worried about TB, and that's nothing to mess with. I myself was exposed when I visited Mexico many years ago. I had to take the pills for a year. I am now suppose to be immune. The pills can have very damaging side effects, I don't think they should allow people into this country with TB and it's not as dangerous as ebola.

And yes, if you have something like Ebola, you shouldn't be allowed to travel at all. It increases the risk of the disease spreading.

1) This thread is about fear mongering the idea that the children who are trying to come here may have Ebola.

2) Your idea of how to quarantine those two Americans who have Ebola only work if you trust the men on the ship to maintain a quarantine better than you trust those at Emory University.

The difference is, if it gets out on a ship, it goes no farther than the ship. If it gets out here, we're doomed.

How can you know that it goes no further than the ship?
No shore leave at all? No sailor ever gets to go home?

The folks at Emory have the training and expertise to pull off a quarantine.
Not so sure about the sailors.

are you a Conservative?.....because you are one of the most fearful people in this forum....you are scared shitless of Nugent.....you are scared of Republicans/Conservatives,everything you post is minor league bullshit....and yet you run with it....that says you are fearful of it.....

I'm must have gotten the ship wrong. I should have said carriers. They have hospitals on them. I apologize, as I get older, certain words just leave my brain and I don't always find them right away. I guess I have sometimers. :D

And no, I said it as if they are here in this country and it could get out. They traveled here WITH the disease and it could have gotten out. I always though in case of something that could be a pandemic, they would be quarantined. Apparently I'm wrong in that case too.

They have been quarantined. The plane was quarantined, the hospital is quarantined. What the heck are you going on about?

A Republican congressman suggested Monday that some of the unaccompanied children attempting to cross the U.S.-Mexico border from Central America may have Ebola.

Appearing on WIBC's The Garrison Show, Rep. Todd Rokita (R-Ind.) said he and other members of Indiana's congressional delegation, including heart surgeon Rep. Larry Buschon (R), sent a letter to President Barack Obama asking for more information about the 245 migrant children who had been released to Indiana sponsors this year.

"We sent a letter to the president saying look, first of all, we've have got to know, not from the press, we've got to know ahead of time so we can plan for this," Rokita said. "We did that, Dr. Buschon was helpful... He said, look, we need to know just from a public-health standpoint, with ebola circulating and everything else -- no, that's my addition to it, not necessarily his -- but he said we need to know the condition of these kids as well."

Rokita isn't the first member of Congress to insinuate that the 57,000 children apprehended at the border since last year may be infecting Americans with the deadly virus. Last month, Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) wrote to Frieden to voice his concerns.

More: Another Congressman Suggests Migrant Children May Have Ebola

Are Republican Conservatives really this fearful - or are they just fearmongering?
No, they just really really really hate Hispanics.

yea thats why for decades they have lived among them and breed with them out here......they hate them.....

They have been quarantined. The plane was quarantined, the hospital is quarantined. What the heck are you going on about?

And what does any of that have to do with a U.S. Representative expressing fear that these immigrant children might have Ebola?

A Republican congressman suggested Monday that some of the unaccompanied children attempting to cross the U.S.-Mexico border from Central America may have Ebola.

Appearing on WIBC's The Garrison Show, Rep. Todd Rokita (R-Ind.) said he and other members of Indiana's congressional delegation, including heart surgeon Rep. Larry Buschon (R), sent a letter to President Barack Obama asking for more information about the 245 migrant children who had been released to Indiana sponsors this year.

"We sent a letter to the president saying look, first of all, we've have got to know, not from the press, we've got to know ahead of time so we can plan for this," Rokita said. "We did that, Dr. Buschon was helpful... He said, look, we need to know just from a public-health standpoint, with ebola circulating and everything else -- no, that's my addition to it, not necessarily his -- but he said we need to know the condition of these kids as well."

Rokita isn't the first member of Congress to insinuate that the 57,000 children apprehended at the border since last year may be infecting Americans with the deadly virus. Last month, Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) wrote to Frieden to voice his concerns.

More: Another Congressman Suggests Migrant Children May Have Ebola

Are Republican Conservatives really this fearful - or are they just fearmongering?

yea thats why for decades they have lived among them and breed with them out here......they hate them.....

You mean like slavemasters breeding with slaves? Gee, that made me think of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

And that's what reinforces your stupidity to the rest of us.

How is it stupid? You tell me how it's impossible for a child with Ebola infection to cross our border. Tell us or we'll just assume YOU are the stupid one.

I'm a liberal and I totally agree with the right on this one. These illegal kids are not our concern or responsibility.

Where are the S. American governments? They need to get their fucking asses to the border and get their fucking kids before something happens to them. It is not our responsibility.

Lets say the cops pick up your kid for shop lifting. They call you and tell you to come pick him up and you say "nah, that's ok, you keep em. They're your responsibility now". The cops are going to make you pick up your children.

And if the S. American countries can't take care of those kids maybe we have to step in and take over. Just like the governor of Michigan appointed an emergency manager to help clean up Detroit, maybe we have to appoint an emergency manager to Venesuala and Guatamala or wherever the fuck those kids are coming from.

So the government and churches of those third world shit holes need to come get their fucking kids or be invaded/taken over. Enough is enough. Mexicans need to fix Mexico so they don't have to come here anymore for work. Then we can be fair trading partners with them.

Notice S. America is ruled by the rich and the masses are just the working poor. That is what the GOP is turning America into. Soon our kids will be running for the Canadian border in search of a better life.

you were doing ok until the last paragraph Bobo....then the real you took over.....

You're right.................carriers DO have hospitals on them. Ever been on a carrier? I have, was stationed with VFA-131 and we deployed on both the USS DWIGHT D EISENHOWER and the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON while I served with them. Ever seen the hospital facilities? I have, and guess what....................it's not nearly as well equipped for quarantine facilities as the actual hospital that they're currently staying in is.

Why did we bring those 2 people back to the US? Because they're American citizens and deserve to be brought back to the US so that they can receive the best care possible.

The plane was quarantined, the ambulance was quarantined, and the place that they are staying at is quarantined.

No.................you shouldn't push this kind of stuff onto the military, because that's not what the military is for. Besides, it would be a waste of a whole carrier and over 6,000 sailors to watch over 2 missionaries.

You're right.................carriers DO have hospitals on them. Ever been on a carrier? I have, was stationed with VFA-131 and we deployed on both the USS DWIGHT D EISENHOWER and the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON while I served with them. Ever seen the hospital facilities? I have, and guess what....................it's not nearly as well equipped for quarantine facilities as the actual hospital that they're currently staying in is.

Why did we bring those 2 people back to the US? Because they're American citizens and deserve to be brought back to the US so that they can receive the best care possible.

The plane was quarantined, the ambulance was quarantined, and the place that they are staying at is quarantined.

No.................you shouldn't push this kind of stuff onto the military, because that's not what the military is for. Besides, it would be a waste of a whole carrier and over 6,000 sailors to watch over 2 missionaries.

Hey, man. Carriers aren't that busy. They have time, and they only cost a few million dollars a day to operate.

:lol:

You mean like slavemasters breeding with slaves? Gee, that made me think of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

thats because you are a dipshit...conservatives have lived among those little "brown" folks for decades out here with no more problems than with any other nationality....and they have kids with them asshole....the kind that live with them and they take care of them...but you are to much of a left wing toady to understand that....keep on listening to asswipes like Dean Lakota....after all...you said he is a great American.....keep listening to his bullshit.....

How can you know that it goes no further than the ship?
No shore leave at all? No sailor ever gets to go home?

The folks at Emory have the training and expertise to pull off a quarantine.
Not so sure about the sailors.

Do the people between Africa and Emory have that expertise? Because they brought them here from there. Apparently quarantine doesn't mean what I thought it did.

Aren't an overwhelming number of the illegal immigrants from Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala? If so, why do so many people keep referring to them as coming from South America? Is the geography of Americans that bad?

I wondered how my daddy could stand being all crammed together with the other sailors with so little space when I went to family day on the Pocono. Then, I learned, he loved the sea................

Forum List

Back