Another GOP Congressman Suggests Migrant Children May Have Ebola

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
A Republican congressman suggested Monday that some of the unaccompanied children attempting to cross the U.S.-Mexico border from Central America may have Ebola.

Appearing on WIBC's The Garrison Show, Rep. Todd Rokita (R-Ind.) said he and other members of Indiana's congressional delegation, including heart surgeon Rep. Larry Buschon (R), sent a letter to President Barack Obama asking for more information about the 245 migrant children who had been released to Indiana sponsors this year.

"We sent a letter to the president saying look, first of all, we've have got to know, not from the press, we've got to know ahead of time so we can plan for this," Rokita said. "We did that, Dr. Buschon was helpful... He said, look, we need to know just from a public-health standpoint, with ebola circulating and everything else -- no, that's my addition to it, not necessarily his -- but he said we need to know the condition of these kids as well."

Rokita isn't the first member of Congress to insinuate that the 57,000 children apprehended at the border since last year may be infecting Americans with the deadly virus. Last month, Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) wrote to Frieden to voice his concerns.

More: Another Congressman Suggests Migrant Children May Have Ebola

Are Republican Conservatives really this fearful - or are they just fearmongering?

This strain has a 50-90 percent mortality rate. Its not unrealistic to think that illegals coming in from sierra leone and liberia could be infected. Especially in light of the CBP report that was leaked. 71 had been detained. That's just the illegals that were caught.

A Republican congressman suggested Monday that some of the unaccompanied children attempting to cross the U.S.-Mexico border from Central America may have Ebola.

Appearing on WIBC's The Garrison Show, Rep. Todd Rokita (R-Ind.) said he and other members of Indiana's congressional delegation, including heart surgeon Rep. Larry Buschon (R), sent a letter to President Barack Obama asking for more information about the 245 migrant children who had been released to Indiana sponsors this year.

"We sent a letter to the president saying look, first of all, we've have got to know, not from the press, we've got to know ahead of time so we can plan for this," Rokita said. "We did that, Dr. Buschon was helpful... He said, look, we need to know just from a public-health standpoint, with ebola circulating and everything else -- no, that's my addition to it, not necessarily his -- but he said we need to know the condition of these kids as well."

Rokita isn't the first member of Congress to insinuate that the 57,000 children apprehended at the border since last year may be infecting Americans with the deadly virus. Last month, Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) wrote to Frieden to voice his concerns.

Are Republican Conservatives really this fearful - or are they just fearmongering?

Hey chief, is there a zero percent probability that some immigrant from Africa who came across the border from Mexico doesn't have Ebola?

It is a public health problem for illegals coming into the US without being cleared by the US to even be here.

There are illegals from Asia, Africa, etc among the Hispanics that Democrap scum are catering to for votes.

Africa.....oh, where Ebola is coming from.

This is just the latest scheme from people who make a living off of terrifying republicans about various things

The last time I checked, Ebola doesn't have a political affiliation.

Doesn't matter. If I'm Drudge or Fox I'm going to talk about ebola as much as I can until a few days, maybe weeks, from now when conservatives don't care anymore.

There are other diseases being brought into this country by illegal scum. Ebola would just be the cherry on top for Obama.

This is just the latest scheme from people who make a living off of terrifying republicans about various things

Doesn't matter. If I'm Drudge or Fox I'm going to talk about ebola as much as I can until a few days, maybe weeks, from now when conservatives don't care anymore.

Sort of like MSNBC mentioning impeachment on average of every twenty-two minutes huh?

The same goobermint that was using the IRS to attack political rivals then lied about doing it.....of course they would never lie about causing a disaster with biological diseases by mistake or on purpose......nah.

They are here with all kinds of diseases. Why would ebola be a stretch? They have everything else.

There are other diseases being brought into this country by illegal scum. Ebola would just be the cherry on top for Obama.

Honestly, I don't see any reason that he'd let that happen, not that he'd care. The fact is it would be contained quickly and he'd pat himself on the back while his proles worship his skinny ass. He can convert any mistake or tragedy into a success story.

Sort of like MSNBC mentioning impeachment on average of every twenty-two minutes huh?

Yup. It's kind of like birthers, benghazi, and other made up bullshit. The three b's of the Republican party.

Ebolaaaaa. Yea the cons are so skeert. They're going to hate Africans and Atlanta EXTRA HARD for the next like, 4 maybe 5 days. :laugh:

Forum List

Back