Another Good Month On The Jobs Front...unemployment Drops To 5.9%

Labor participation rate at a 36 year low woot!

You don't sound happy about the good news Rocko

You are not one of those rooting for the economy to fail are you?

How does me stating a fact equal rooting for the economy to fail? We all know you're not rooting for the economy, you're rooting for Obama.

How does me stating a fact equal rooting for the economy to fail? We all know you're not rooting for the economy, you're rooting for Obama.

I find it odd that the same conservatives who were telling us that the unemployment rate was the most important economic factor in Obamas first term are now telling us that the Labor Participation Rate is now the most important factor

the-labor-force-participation-rate-is-now-at-a-35-year-low.jpg

You are aware that the Labor Participation Rate has been dropping for 15 years aren't you?

I find it odd that the same conservatives who were telling us that the unemployment rate was the most important economic factor in Obamas first term are now telling us that the Labor Participation Rate is now the most important factor

You are aware that the Labor Participation Rate has been dropping for 15 years aren't you?

Whqt are you saying? The labor partician later does count anymore? The fact is a smaller percentage of Americans are working today then when Obozo took office.

More people DROPPED OUT of the Labor Force than found jobs (many of those being low wage part time ones).

315,000 quit, lowering the Labor Force Participation Rate to 62.7%, the lowest level since February 1978.

Hopenchange!

Whqt are you saying? The labor partician later does count anymore? The fact is a smaller percentage of Americans are working today then when Obozo took office.

What I am saying is that conservatives paid no attention to the Labor Participation Rate when it was plummeting under Bush

Why? Because it has been expected to drop for the last 50 years. Baby boomers are retiring and dropping out of the workforce

Stop being an ass Rocko and be glad that we had good employment numbers last month

The LFPR should have recovered after the recession ended in 2009. It didn't

Thanks Obama!

participation rate sept 2014.jpg

The labor force participation rate is not the percentage of the population that's working.

What I am saying is that conservatives paid no attention to the Labor Participation Rate when it was plummeting under Bush

Why? Because it has been expected to drop for the last 50 years. Baby boomers are retiring and dropping out of the workforce

Stop being an ass Rocko and be glad that we had good employment numbers last month

Forget about republican and Democrat for a second, when looking at something as complex as the economy it's foolish to believe that one indicator tells the whole story. Now politically, it was stupid for the Republicans to put all their eggs in one basket with the unemployment numbers, but that doesn't change the fact that we are worse off since Obozo took office.

Forget about republican and Democrat for a second, when looking at something as complex as the economy it's foolish to believe that one indicator tells the whole story. Now politically, it was stupid for the Republicans to put all their eggs in one basket with the unemployment numbers, but that doesn't change the fact that we are worse off since Obozo took office.

Unemployment has dropped over 4% under Obama. How is that not better?

Economy gains 248 000 jobs as hiring rebounds

The labor market rebounded sharply in September as employers added 248,000 jobs, the second largest gain for any month this year.
The unemployment rate fell to 5.9% from 6.1%, lowest since July 2008, the Labor Department said Friday.

What types of jobs? Are they requiring people to take up more than one job to make a decent living?

Unemployment has dropped over 4% under Obama. How is that not better?

The one criticism that Democrats had for the low unemployment under Bush was the types of jobs and they were low paying. We are finding us under the same situation here but much worse. So, why is this good news under Obama and band news under Bush?

Forum List

Back