Another Global Warming Scientists Switches to Skeptical

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Green Guru James Lovelock on Climate Change: ?I don?t think anybody really knows what?s happening. They just guess? ? Lovelock Reverses Himself on Global Warming | Climate Depot

Back in 2006, Lovelock was a committed man-made global warmnig activist, promoting scary climate scenarios. See: Climate Shocker: Lovelock Predicted Global Warming Doom: ‘Billions of us will die; few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in Arctic where the climate remains tolerable‘ & Gaia scientist Lovelock: ‘I was WRONG and alarmist on climate: a scientist: ‘I swore Earth should be frying by now’ – ’In 2006 Dr. Lovelock predicted the Earth ‘would catch a morbid fever’ that would destroy six billion people – ‘the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable’

Lovelock has since reversed himself and now serves a vocal critic of the man-made global warming movement. – Flashback April 2012: ‘Gaia’ scientist James Lovelock reverses himself: I was ‘alarmist’ about climate change & so was Gore! ‘The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago’

Lovelock: ‘We haven’t got the physics worked out yet…I think the public are right. That’s why I’m soft on the sceptics. Science has got overblown’ & 2010: Green Guru Lovelock Says Warmists ‘Scared Stiff’: ‘The great climate science centers around the world are more than well aware how weak their science is’

Lovelock has been very critical of the UN IPCC. In 2012, he slammed the UN climate panel as “a mess” and accused it of being “too politicised and too internalized.” See: 2012: Green Guru Lovelock Slams UN IPCC & Greens: ‘Whenever UN puts its finger in it seems to become a mess’ — ‘The green religion is now taking over from the Christian religion’ — James Lovelock: ”IPCC is too politicised & too internalized’ — On Green religion: ‘I don’t think people have noticed that, but it’s got all the sort of terms that religions use. The greens use guilt. You can’t win people round by saying they are guilty for putting CO2 in the air’

Lovelock also spared no criticism of the Climategate scnadal. See: Lovelock on Climategate: Scandal left him feeling ‘utterly disgusted’ — ‘Fudging the data in any way whatsoever is quite literally a sin against the holy ghost of science. I’m not religious, but I put it that way because I feel so strongly. It’s the one thing you do not ever do. You’ve got to have standards.’

Lovelock has questioned the entire scientific basis for man-made climate change alarm. Climate Depot began reporting on Lovelock’s conversion away from climate fears in 2010 as he began reconsidering the alleged ‘settled science.” See below for Climate Depot’s reporting on the evolution of James Lovelock’s climate views.

Great links to yet more good reporting on this issue the left wants so bad it can silent scream for a year.

He'll change his mind yet again come a hot August night.

The true "price" of this debate is not the health of Mother Earth, nor the future of human kind.

It is however the future of commerce, supply, consumption, and survivability in a world devoid of modern industry and work. AKA jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if the predicted El Nino comes off as expected, there may be a few hot August nights.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

On one hand we have an expected el Nino, and on the other a cooling sun, according to those who focus on the suns impact to account for Earth weather.

I kinda think the eastern USA will have cooler temps, while the west has warmer temps.

And NASA will go on 'adjusting' the data to show this year will have the hottest temperatures in the history of the universe for the umpteenth straight year.

lol

Forum List

Back