Another example of why goverment programs fail

To actually answer the title to this thread--why our government is so bad & screws up every single government run program--driving it into the ground.

My answer: What can we expect from a bunch of silver spooned fed LAWYERS--whom of which most have never had to balance a checkbook in their entire lives! Their goals only center around the next election--"to get re-elected" so they can screw up something else--all the while making untold irrational promises that they know they can never keep.

And what's worse? We keep re-electing these morons!

This I agree with,most who run for office now,like Obama for instance, have done nothing except push their political aspirations forward since day one.

In NM's case though, most are related to/connected to families that have been in power positions for years. Lots of corruption here...it's always about who someone knows/is connected to. Both in the job market and in the legal system.

So what's your take on Enron, Worldcom, Anderson, etc etc etc... Explain to the Enron workers or Madoff investors why a couple of crooks are so important in the scheme of things. Let me know after you discussed this with a hundred or so of them.

That it has nothing to do with the subject at hand...:cuckoo:

We don't spend trillions a year on War numbskull. We haven't yet Spent the first trillion in Iraq. We've spent twide the GDP of the country trying to help the poor over the 40 years and by any measure you care to name the poor are as bad off as ever and we've created a class of permanently impoverished souls into the bargain that this country never had before LBJ's failed Great society crap.

Sorry. No mother ship coming for this ole boy don't need one don't know for a fact that there is one and I have no superiors. I do have far too many inferiors though, and they keep posting here ;)

Some people have no shame...

Found this story about an employee and 8 others who committed fraud against a Medicare organization that helped low income families from rural areas bring their seriously ill children to bigger hospitals and clinics for treatment.

Bilking $400,000.00 dollars from the tax payers, and children in need of this service.

discusting..

Nine face Medicaid fraud charges

KRQE - Albuquerque, New Mexico - News, Video, Weather Forecast, Sports, Community, Health, Homes | KBIM - KREZ | Nine face Medicaid fraud charges

We don't spend trillions a year on War numbskull. We haven't yet Spent the first trillion in Iraq. We've spent twide the GDP of the country trying to help the poor over the 40 years and by any measure you care to name the poor are as bad off as ever and we've created a class of permanently impoverished souls into the bargain that this country never had before LBJ's failed Great society crap.

And since the State has limited funds every year to give to the truly needy,it's discusting that this fraud is rampant and hurting the very people the system is supposed to help. These programs need major reforms to stop the fraud and wasteful spending. I'm curious as to why the Libs have such a problem admitting the problems of these programs (waste of tax dollars) and seem to not want to do anything about it except throw more money at it and hope for the best.

With all due respect one of the absolutely dmbest ideas to ever come down the pike is the notion that one can help the poor by giving the government money.

Right after you tell it to all the poor who work and still can't escape poverty because we pay people more than minimum wage to sit home and watch TV.

Right after you tell it to all the poor who work and still can't escape poverty because we pay people more than minimum wage to sit home and watch TV.

how much money all together (a figure), and to how many people, do we pay more than the minimum wage. and please explain how many people work and cannot escape the poverty level because we pay others. what programs pay people to sit at home and watch tv? I want to sign up. maybe I'll get a package deal to sit at home, watch tv and go on message boards with the radio on while eating microwaved meals bought with food stamps.

you made the statements. back them up or SFTU

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

really? tell that to all the poor that received government help and made it out of poverty.

Tell that to the poor who work their way out of it without a handout, thanks to a little self pride...
Tell that to the ones who get assistance from charities who more efficiently handle the money with more of a percentage actually going to help those in need and not wasted in government red tape and bureaucracy... and it's done with voluntary contributions and not forced out of people

You don't throw money at or into the government thinking it is the solution to poverty, or wage differences, or other similar things lefties try and throw down your throats.... government is not the solution, it is part of the problem

That it has nothing to do with the subject at hand...:cuckoo:

It doesn't? I think you miss the point as you worship corporate people and condemn those you perceive as welfare people. A sort of twisted finger pointing.

And since the State has limited funds every year to give to the truly needy,it's discusting that this fraud is rampant and hurting the very people the system is supposed to help.

Yes crime is bad.

I think we can all agree to that.

These programs need major reforms to stop the fraud and wasteful spending.

Do they? Or does the government need to monitor those programs to insure that people gaming the system get caught?

Now people here are coming in with examples of the government doing exactly that, aren't they?

So I'm sort of failing to understand all this outrage.

I'm curious as to why the Libs have such a problem admitting the problems of these programs (waste of tax dollars) and seem to not want to do anything about it except throw more money at it and hope for the best.

I'm not having any problem admitting that people steal and embezzle and game these programs, so what the fuck are you whining about, exactly?

Nothing, really, you're just crying and weaping about nothing in particular because this goofy strawman you've invented is about the only way you can discuss these issues.

Lacking anything REAL to comment on, you invent what other people are thinking, and then fault these invented "liberals" for not being you.

Do you NOT know you're doing this?

Forum List

Back