Another example of why goverment programs fail

Three welfare workers sentenced for scheme

Three former state workers stood before an Albuquerque judge Friday pleading for mercy for stealing thousands of dollars worth of food stamps.

Roenetta Ransom, Soledad Segura and Martha Rodriguez and two others used their government jobs to steal more than $100,000.

KOB.com - Three welfare workers sentenced for scheme

Here's another example. This loser helped steal half a million tax dollars from CYFD and only rec'd probation..

State employee sentenced to probation for fraud (2:09 p.m.) - Topix

If this would have happened in a private welfare organization (and this already did happened in a lot of these organizations) would this then prove that private programs don't work?

So like because somebody steals $100,000 foodstamps from the government, the foodstamp program is a failure?

So, using your logic, Madoff's $50,000,000,000 ripoff shows us why free market capitalism fails?

No?

Didn't think so.

That's ok, government is there to bail out the whole rotten system

Yes crime is bad.

I think we can all agree to that.

Do they? Or does the government need to monitor those programs to insure that people gaming the system get caught?

Now people here are coming in with examples of the government doing exactly that, aren't they?

So I'm sort of failing to understand all this outrage.

I'm not having any problem admitting that people steal and embezzle and game these programs, so what the fuck are you whining about, exactly?

Nothing, really, you're just crying and weaping about nothing in particular because this goofy strawman you've invented is about the only way you can discuss these issues.

Lacking anything REAL to comment on, you invent what other people are thinking, and then fault these invented "liberals" for not being you.

Do you NOT know you're doing this?

Obviously the government is NOT dealing with fraud,let alone welfare fraud, in a productive fashion. An example would be Calif... 400 million pilfured by welfare fraud alone in 2003. 700 million in 2008. Looks like it's not getting any better.

Oh and once again by "liberals" I'm talking about the liberal posters in this thread having a hissy fit because I brought it up in the first place...keep up will ya..

Forum List

Back