Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

I can give lots of examples of mass shooters using hi cap magazines. So far you are at 0 for someone needing for defense.

If people fire that much in defense they become a danger to everyone around.

You live in fantasy land where it somehow would have saved him.

You are going to stand on that argument...didn't save him so it won't save anyone...there fore no one needs standard size magazines...so ban them....nice....

Last edited:
Really? So what would have happened if this guy didn't have a gun then?
It's like saying the drunk shouldn't have had a car so no one else should either.

Thats exactly right. And every day someone drowns in a bath tub or hot tub. and I would imagine a lot of them are children. So this is totally avoidable if we would just outlaw bath tubs and hot tubs, after all a shower will get you just as clean. Its a concept they will never understand.

I can give lots of examples of mass shooters using hi cap magazines. So far you are at 0 for someone needing for defense.

You are going to stand on that argument...didn't save him so it won't save anyone...there fore no one needs standard size magazines...so ban them....nice....

The "prove you need guns" BS is just that

Prove you need the 4th Amendment....

I haven't said guns are never used for defense.

I can give lots

Prove you need the 4th Amendmen

The "prove you need guns" BS is just that

Prove you need the 4th Amendment....

Well I believe in diversity. So let Europe and Australia do without guns and we can have ours, that way we are not all the same, a person can choose to live where he wants and basically responsible gun ownership is part of our heritage. Background checks and proficiency with handling should be required especially for carry permits. Guns are a great equalizer, they prevent the weak from being preyed on by the strong, let me give you only one example and actually there was no gun involved here, but.... Ok so my older brother lived in a tennament building in Oakland, i dont know if you have ever been in one of those real dumps but they are usually filled with people who are barely making it in life, I dont think you need the complete picture but anyway, my brother was disabled could not walk or move around very well, one night someone in the building began pounding on his door screaming and yelling and attempted to smash it in. my brother was able to barricade the door however with a small dresser and lay against it and even so the door jam was broken, eventually the person probably drunk or on drugs just went away but heres the thing, nobody came to help him and the police diddnt show up until way after the fact.

He was lucky, he didnt have a gun and had that person broken in, he could have easily beaten my brother to death, If you live in one of those places you better damn well have a gun because your trapped there, and if guns are taken away from us eventually, it will be the poor who suffer from it the most, not the wealthy.

heres some more food for thought.

Australian Police Raids Thwarted Beheading Plot - ABC News

That is why I have not suggested taking guns.

Well I believe in diversity. So let Europe and Australia do without guns and we can have ours, that way we are not all the same, a person can choose to live where he wants and basically responsible gun ownership is part of our heritage. Background checks and proficiency with handling should be required especially for carry permits. Guns are a great equalizer, they prevent the weak from being preyed on by the strong, let me give you only one example and actually there was no gun involved here, but.... Ok so my older brother lived in a tennament building in Oakland, i dont know if you have ever been in one of those real dumps but they are usually filled with people who are barely making it in life, I dont think you need the complete picture but anyway, my brother was disabled could not walk or move around very well, one night someone in the building began pounding on his door screaming and yelling and attempted to smash it in. my brother was able to barricade the door however with a small dresser and lay against it and even so the door jam was broken, eventually the person probably drunk or on drugs just went away but heres the thing, nobody came to help him and the police diddnt show up until way after the fact.

He was lucky, he didnt have a gun and had that person broken in, he could have easily beaten my brother to death, If you live in one of those places you better damn well have a gun because your trapped there, and if guns are taken away from us eventually, it will be the poor who suffer from it the most, not the wealthy.

So then your against large magazines? I dont agree with a blanket ban on that, people need a choice in different situations

Successfully defended and didn't fire a shot. More support for me, thanks.

After spending page after page telling me the research about how many times guns are used to save lives and stop crimes is wrong because 1) it never ever happens that people just display a weapon and the bad guys run away....and 2) that it no one should fear telling the police about an incident like the guy on the bike because nothing will be done to you if you display a weapon and don't shoot...except for this guy who was unkowingly in a school zone/gun free zone....

And you claim it now helps your argument....nice....

Yeah...a shoot out with Mexican Cartels and an innocent rancher or camper could never happen...ask these dead border patrol agents...

Mexican troops arrest two in killing of U.S. border agent officials Reuters

Mexican troops arrested two men on Wednesday suspected of involvement in the killing of a U.S. Border Patrol agent shot dead in Arizona while responding to a tripped ground sensor, Mexican security officials said.

The agent who died was among three who were patrolling on foot about 5 miles north of the international border when gunfire erupted well before daybreak on Tuesday. A second agent was also wounded while the third, a woman, was unharmed.

The agents involved in the incident had been patrolling in an area near the border town of Naco, well-known as a corridor for smuggling, and the Cochise County Sheriff's department has said that tracks were found heading south after the shooting.

when gunfire erupted

Well, I really, really hope those cartel guys only had 6 bullets in their guns when they murdered that border patrol agent....

Yes I am. They are used in mass shootings and by gang bangers. I have examples of mass shooters stopped when they reload. Now the nra study I posted shows defense is 2 shots a huge majority of the time. So we could limit mass shooters and stray bullets from gang bangers while keeping guns defensive. There are many calibers available if you need a choice. This would also help those who concealed carry as those guns typically have low capacity. So in that case it might increase defense.

So then your against large magazines? I dont agree with a blanket ban on that, people need a choice in different situations

If he was a responsible gun owner he wouldn't have been commiting a crime.

Successfully defended and didn't fire a shot. More support for me, thanks.

After spending page after page telling me the research about how many times guns are used to save lives and stop crimes is wrong because 1) it never ever happens that people just display a weapon and the bad guys run away....and 2) that it no one should fear telling the police about an incident like the guy on the bike because nothing will be done to you if you display a weapon and don't shoot...except for this guy who was unkowingly in a school zone/gun free zone....

And you claim it now helps your argument....nice....

That isn't a rancher.

Yeah...a shoot out with Mexican Cartels and an innocent rancher or camper could never happen...ask these dead border patrol agents...

Mexican troops arrest two in killing of U.S. border agent officials Reuters

Mexican troops arrested two men on Wednesday suspected of involvement in the killing of a U.S. Border Patrol agent shot dead in Arizona while responding to a tripped ground sensor, Mexican security officials said.

The agent who died was among three who were patrolling on foot about 5 miles north of the international border when gunfire erupted well before daybreak on Tuesday. A second agent was also wounded while the third, a woman, was unharmed.

The agents involved in the incident had been patrolling in an area near the border town of Naco, well-known as a corridor for smuggling, and the Cochise County Sheriff's department has said that tracks were found heading south after the shooting.

when gunfire erupted

Well, I really, really hope those cartel guys only had 6 bullets in their guns when they murdered that border patrol agent....

You do realize the last mass shooter, the guy in Santa Barbara, used 10 round magazines, which he changed out...and that was supposed to stop mass shooters in California...he just bought a whole bunch of them before he went on his rampage...

And again...criminals break the laws we make...so...try to understand this...if we make a law saying you can only have magazines for 6 bullets....they will break that law...

That isn't a rancher.

You really can't see the problem with ranchers, campers and people visiting the national parks down there running into these same guys...but unlike the border patrol...you don't want them to have guns or enough bullets...

He didn't know he was comiting a crime until the police officer pointed out that he was within 1000 feet of the school....1000 feet...he must have forgotten to bring his tape measure with him that day...

Then he shouldn't have been carrying a gun.

He didn't know he was comiting a crime until the police officer pointed out that he was within 1000 feet of the school....1000 feet...he must have forgotten to bring his tape measure with him that day...

Yes thanks to ca laws he didn't kill more than he did. Imagine how many dead with a hi cap magazines, might have been more like newtown.

You do realize the last mass shooter, the guy in Santa Barbara, used 10 round magazines, which he changed out...and that was supposed to stop mass shooters in California...he just bought a whole bunch of them before he went on his rampage...

And again...criminals break the laws we make...so...try to understand this...if we make a law saying you can only have magazines for 6 bullets....they will break that law...

I can see you are more concerned about something that might possibly happen to one person some day. Meanwhile we have many mass shootings each year and people getting hit by gang banger strays. I think what is happening is more a threat than your imaginary hypothetical events.

That isn't a rancher.

You really can't see the problem with ranchers, campers and people visiting the national parks down there running into these same guys...but unlike the border patrol...you don't want them to have guns or enough bullets...

Meanwhile we have many mass shootings each year and people getting hit by gang banger strays.

Actually, according to your logic we don't have mass shootings or gang bangers...why? Because both mass shooters and gang banger drive byes are against the law...hence...they do not happen. Nice how that works...I sort of see how you perceive the world...although I still don't comprehend it...

See, there is no need for background checks, no need for gun registration and no need to limit magazine capacity...why...? Because shooting people with guns is against the law. That's it...problem solved...wow....let me try this in another facet of life...

Hmmmm...there are people starving in Africa....okay...how would you solve the problem....oh...here we go....let's just give them food....wow....that was easy...another major world problem solved with magic thinking....

Hmmmm...War....now this is a biggie...I know...we'll outlaw war....wow....that was easier than I thought it would be....

You are right Brain357...your world is a better place....

Hmmmm...

Conversation between two Aviation industry experts....

Expert 1...."Say,...do you think we should make sure the cock pit door can't be breached by a terrorist?"

Expert 2..."Why?"

Expert 1..."Well...to keep out terrorists...."

Expert 2..." Not necessary...a terrorist will just go in, make the pilots fly him to Cuba and then the passengers will fly home"

Expert 1..." yeah...but...I don't know....what if they decided to crash the plane?"

Expert 2..."terrorists have never crashed planes....they always, always fly them to Cuba...or some other communist country...you are too concerned with might happen rather than what is already happening."

Yeah...I wonder if this conversation happened before 2001...

Forum List

Back