Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

Have you lost your mind? I've said nothing like that. Try to focus.

Meanwhile we have many mass shootings each year and people getting hit by gang banger strays.

Actually, according to your logic we don't have mass shootings or gang bangers...why? Because both mass shooters and gang banger drive byes are against the law...hence...they do not happen. Nice how that works...I sort of see how you perceive the world...although I still don't comprehend it...

See, there is no need for background checks, no need for gun registration and no need to limit magazine capacity...why...? Because shooting people with guns is against the law. That's it...problem solved...wow....let me try this in another facet of life...

Hmmmm...there are people starving in Africa....okay...how would you solve the problem....oh...here we go....let's just give them food....wow....that was easy...another major world problem solved with magic thinking....

Hmmmm...War....now this is a biggie...I know...we'll outlaw war....wow....that was easier than I thought it would be....

You are right Brain357...your world is a better place....

You are sitting in a burning house worried about whether you will get hit by lightning the next time you go outside.

Hmmmm...

Conversation between two Aviation industry experts....

Expert 1...."Say,...do you think we should make sure the cock pit door can't be breached by a terrorist?"

Expert 2..."Why?"

Expert 1..."Well...to keep out terrorists...."

Expert 2..." Not necessary...a terrorist will just go in, make the pilots fly him to Cuba and then the passengers will fly home"

Expert 1..." yeah...but...I don't know....what if they decided to crash the plane?"

Expert 2..."terrorists have never crashed planes....they always, always fly them to Cuba...or some other communist country...you are too concerned with might happen rather than what is already happening."

Yeah...I wonder if this conversation happened before 2001...

I've said nothing like that.

Sure you have...you said that background checks, and gun registration will keep guns out of the hands of criminals...and that limiting bullets in magazines will keep killers from killing lots of people...

Now of course all three premises are wrong...dangerously so...but you have put them forward....magical thinking really...

You are sitting in a burning house worried about whether you will get hit by lightning the next time you go outside.

You know...I have never been in a house fire...so they must not happen...wow...now we can get rid of the fire dept. and save millions of dollars every year...

Yeah, if I leave the burning house in a lightning storm I'm not going to stand next to a tree while I'm waiting for the fire dept.

Yes and I provided logic and examples of why these things would hinder criminals. Why is it you want criminals so well armed?

You have provided crazy fantasy.

Sure you have...you said that background checks, and gun registration will keep guns out of the hands of criminals...and that limiting bullets in magazines will keep killers from killing lots of people...

Now of course all three premises are wrong...dangerously so...but you have put them forward....magical thinking really...

The woman who lived in the house didn’t answer, and when the man began furiously pressing the doorbell, she called her husband, who called 911. The woman, whose name authorities are withholding, then got a .38-caliber revolver she kept in the house and gathered her young twins and hid with them in a closet inside the house.

Had she yelled I am home and armed get off my property, he would have left. He was unarmed and clearly checking if anyone was home. By not responding he hoped nobody was home.

The guy knew she had the gun and kept coming...she shot him in the face and neck 5 times....

Whttp://Georgia mom shoots home intruder in the face five times with a .38-caliber revolver - NY Daily News

A home invasion in Georgia last week ended with the hapless intruder getting shot five times in the face by a frightened mother holed up in the closet with her 9-year-old twins.

Well, had there been three guys breaking in she might not of had enoiugh bullets. But wow, how do you get off 5 shots with a revolver that quickly to hit someone in the face with all the bullets. a revolver fires a bit slower than a semi,

I can find you lots of news stories with house fires...

You know...I have never been in a house fire...so they must not happen...wow...now we can get rid of the fire dept. and save millions of dollars every year...

Yeah, if I leave the burning house in a lightning storm I'm not going to stand next to a tree while I'm waiting for the fire dept.

But she defended herself quite well. Now if she had let him know she was armed and home she wouldn't have had to shoot at all. He was unarmed.

The woman who lived in the house didn’t answer, and when the man began furiously pressing the doorbell, she called her husband, who called 911. The woman, whose name authorities are withholding, then got a .38-caliber revolver she kept in the house and gathered her young twins and hid with them in a closet inside the house.

Had she yelled I am home and armed get off my property, he would have left. He was unarmed and clearly checking if anyone was home. By not responding he hoped nobody was home.

The guy knew she had the gun and kept coming...she shot him in the face and neck 5 times....

Whttp://Georgia mom shoots home intruder in the face five times with a .38-caliber revolver - NY Daily News

A home invasion in Georgia last week ended with the hapless intruder getting shot five times in the face by a frightened mother holed up in the closet with her 9-year-old twins.

Well, had there been three guys breaking in she might not of had enoiugh bullets. But wow, how do you get off 5 shots with a revolver that quickly to hit someone in the face with all the bullets. a revolver fires a bit slower than a semi,

Rancher was armed and didn't fire a shot. Size of his magazine would make no difference.

Yeah, doesn't help your argument does it... an unknown number of attackers...better he was simply murdered than he have a magazine with too many bullets...guess it worked out for the best then...

You really do live in a fantasy world...better that one innocent victim be brutally murdered, raped, robbed or beaten than one person stop a rape, robbery, beating or murder with a pistol....

I am really glad you are a psychic...you should start a service where people can call you up and determine if they are going to be attacked that day...then truly, guns would not be necessary...

Yeah, id say law abiding citizens, at least business owners for gods sake! who have somewhat proven they are responsible people should have the choice for carry permits and extra large clips. If we become a felon than we should loose that choice.

But she defended herself quite well. Now if she had let him know she was armed and home she wouldn't have had to shoot at all. He was unarmed.

your point is not necessarily a bad one, but I guess weed have to really be there in her shoes. Remember she is also protecting her kids, and a mother has certain protective instincts, the guy broke in and that is still a willfull act of aggression, not being ' hapless' . very bad adjective. unless the guy had a legitimate reason to be there.

Extra large clips(magazines actually) so if he decides to go crazy he can mass shoot more people? Nra statistics show only 2 shots in vast majority of defenses. Give him 6 shot revolver, that is 3x what might be needed.

Rancher was armed and didn't fire a shot. Size of his magazine would make no difference.

Yeah, doesn't help your argument does it... an unknown number of attackers...better he was simply murdered than he have a magazine with too many bullets...guess it worked out for the best then...

You really do live in a fantasy world...better that one innocent victim be brutally murdered, raped, robbed or beaten than one person stop a rape, robbery, beating or murder with a pistol....

I am really glad you are a psychic...you should start a service where people can call you up and determine if they are going to be attacked that day...then truly, guns would not be necessary...

Yeah, id say law abiding citizens, at least business owners for gods sake! who have somewhat proven they are responsible people should have the choice for carry permits and extra large clips. If we become a felon than we should loose that choice.

Hey I've no problem with him being shot. Just saying he clearly staked out house and tried checking if anyone was home. By not responding she said nobody home come rob me.

your point is not necessarily a bad one, but I guess weed have to really be there in her shoes. Remember she is also protecting her kids, and a mother has certain protective instincts, the guy broke in and that is still a willfull act of aggression, not being ' hapless' . very bad adjective. unless the guy had a legitimate reason to be there.

I guess you are the guy who wants the mass shooter to kill that many more people.

Actually, I'm the one that wants the mass shooter stopped by someone on the scene who has a weapon to stop him...you want to limit that individual by disarming him, and then when he is at home reducing how much ammo he can carry...

You live in the fantasy world....watch Terror in the Mall about the 4 killers in the Nairobi mall with hundreds of people...not one of them armed...the terrorists...had military grade rifles and full size magazines...and the police stayed out of the building for 90 minutes....

These things happen, they can happen here...

15 people were just arrested in Australia...they planned on grabbing an innocent person on the street and beheading him on camera...right there...and not one Australian citizen would have been able to stop it...because they too are disarmed...

Yep those things can happen here. only reason they havnt yet is because ISIS etc. is waiting until they button up their foothold in the middle east. They are very astute to the way americans think after all they go to college here too. They know if they hit us hard at home we will mobilize and crush them while we still have the chance in the middle east. once it is to late to route them over there, youll see those events happening here. I can think of so many scenarios but I dont even want to mention them online.

Hey I've no problem with him being shot. Just saying he clearly staked out house and tried checking if anyone was home. By not responding she said nobody home come rob me.

In a perfect world, I agree with you. she probably could have scared him away but it sounds like she might have lacked confidence to speak up perhaps. Well, in the end thats the chance you take when you break into someones home, you cant put the burden on the homeowner at that point.

Yep if you break into someone's home that's what can happen. One good reason not to be a criminal.

In a perfect world, I agree with you. she probably could have scared him away but it sounds like she might have lacked confidence to speak up perhaps. Well, in the end thats the chance you take when you break into someones home, you cant put the burden on the homeowner at that point.

You are not arresting criminals.

that is a stupid on several levels. The first being is

1) cops pick the time and place to confront criminals

2) other civilians do not. we also don't have backup readily available by radio, nor do we normally wear body armor

If anything we need more powerful weapons than cops

criminals will have whatever they want. why do you want citizens to be handicapped?

I can give lots of examples of mass shooters using hi cap magazines. So far you are at 0 for someone needing for defense.

If people fire that much in defense they become a danger to everyone around.

You live in fantasy land where it somehow would have saved him.

You are going to stand on that argument...didn't save him so it won't save anyone...there fore no one needs standard size magazines...so ban them....nice....

That is a moronic response. NO ONE HAS EVER LOST A GUN FIGHT BY HAVING TOO MUCH AMMO

less than 2% of all homicides are "mass murders" so your pathetic garment voiding over "hi cap" magazines is pathetic

Look Brain, I understand guns frighten you. but quit telling us what we need or what we should own. I tire of morons who know nothing about this subject projecting their fear and ignorance upon the rest of us

Sorry but that is extremely stupid. You are just defending yourself. The NRA study shows that is 2 shots in the majority of cases. You are not arresting people. Cops do not pick the time and place, if they knew when a crime was going to happen crimes wouldn't happen. It is not a handicap, again defense is 2 shots. If somebody shoots 20 shots there are bullets going all over and at that point they are endangering everyone around. Aren't you the guy who gave two examples of defenses where neither did you even have to shoot? Yes I think you are.

You are not arresting criminals.

that is a stupid on several levels. The first being is

1) cops pick the time and place to confront criminals

2) other civilians do not. we also don't have backup readily available by radio, nor do we normally wear body armor

If anything we need more powerful weapons than cops

criminals will have whatever they want. why do you want citizens to be handicapped?

Sorry but saving lives isn't pathetic.

I can give lots of examples of mass shooters using hi cap magazines. So far you are at 0 for someone needing for defense.

If people fire that much in defense they become a danger to everyone around.

You live in fantasy land where it somehow would have saved him.

You are going to stand on that argument...didn't save him so it won't save anyone...there fore no one needs standard size magazines...so ban them....nice....

That is a moronic response. NO ONE HAS EVER LOST A GUN FIGHT BY HAVING TOO MUCH AMMO

less than 2% of all homicides are "mass murders" so your pathetic garment voiding over "hi cap" magazines is pathetic

Forum List

Back