ANOTHER Clinton Scandal?

Pregnant quote from the video, "it all appears to be legal."
Now when Bishop Willard took advantage of the same tax loopholes, the Right kept telling us "it was all perfectly legal."
What hypocrites!

Romney Shell Companies Offshore Accounts A Primer RealClearPolitics

To explore the larger issues here further, we first need to explain what Romney did with his vast investments. Recent articles in Vanity Fair and the Associated Press have charted the flow of some of his dollars into shell companies and offshore investments. Most Americans don’t have the kind of resources Romney does -- either in scope or in type -- and thus even the terminology involved might be puzzling.

But as investment banker James Rickards explained to RCP, “This is 98 percent tax-driven.”

Calling it ironic that Romney famously said, “Corporations are people,” Rickards noted that “there’s a difference between Mitt Romney the person and his corporations.” He pointed out that “corporations have a separate existence. If you have an overseas investment . . . in Bermuda, that entity is not a U.S. taxpayer. The money it makes is not U.S. income, so it’s not taxable in the United States.”

Indeed, according to Vanity Fair and the AP, Romney initiated a “company” in Bermuda called Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors Ltd., in which he could park money he made from overseas investments in order to shield it from the high U.S. tax rate.

If a person makes money abroad, “you would not put that money in a high-tax jurisdiction” such as the United States, Rickards explained. Instead, someone with foreign investments could launch what is known as a shell company to delay, and possibly minimize, paying taxes.

This practice is “quite common,” he said, among the wealthy members of the financial sector who are involved with hedge funds, private equity firms, the insurance industry and other Wall Street entities.

Yeah, but when Clinton does it, its a scandal?

I'm still not entirely clear what this 'scandal' is. That BIll had an LLC?
The "scandal" is Clinton is a Democrat and Bishop Willard is a Republican.
The "scandal" FACT IS a Clinton can do NOTHING above board and honest. NOTHING.
According to the FOX Rumor Mill it was honest and above board for Romney!

Now when Bishop Willard took advantage of the same tax loopholes, the Right kept telling us "it was all perfectly legal."
What hypocrites!

To explore the larger issues here further, we first need to explain what Romney did with his vast investments. Recent articles in Vanity Fair and the Associated Press have charted the flow of some of his dollars into shell companies and offshore investments. Most Americans don’t have the kind of resources Romney does -- either in scope or in type -- and thus even the terminology involved might be puzzling.

But as investment banker James Rickards explained to RCP, “This is 98 percent tax-driven.”

Calling it ironic that Romney famously said, “Corporations are people,” Rickards noted that “there’s a difference between Mitt Romney the person and his corporations.” He pointed out that “corporations have a separate existence. If you have an overseas investment . . . in Bermuda, that entity is not a U.S. taxpayer. The money it makes is not U.S. income, so it’s not taxable in the United States.”

Indeed, according to Vanity Fair and the AP, Romney initiated a “company” in Bermuda called Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors Ltd., in which he could park money he made from overseas investments in order to shield it from the high U.S. tax rate.

If a person makes money abroad, “you would not put that money in a high-tax jurisdiction” such as the United States, Rickards explained. Instead, someone with foreign investments could launch what is known as a shell company to delay, and possibly minimize, paying taxes.

This practice is “quite common,” he said, among the wealthy members of the financial sector who are involved with hedge funds, private equity firms, the insurance industry and other Wall Street entities.

How is using an LLC not 'above board'? They're ridiculously common. I have one myself. Honestly, it would be foolish NOT to have a LLC or at the very least, a sole proprietorship when doing the kind of work he does. An LLC is superior in pretty much every way save the yearly filing fee.

What hypocrites!

According to the FOX Rumor Mill it was honest and above board for Romney!
Romney was how LONG ago? Catch up to today will you?
They ARE running a "front" a "shell" okay? In order to AVOID taxes. Something they want YOU to pay more of.

Sounds like YOU are getting screwed huh?

What hypocrites!

How is using an LLC not 'above board'? They're ridiculously common. I have one myself. Honestly, it would be foolish NOT to have a LLC or at the very least, a sole proprietorship when doing the kind of work he does. An LLC is superior in pretty much every way save the yearly filing fee.
Are YOU using YOUR LLC to AVOID taxes?

What hypocrites!

I pay less taxes using one, sure. That and liability limitations are why they exist.

I pay less taxes using one, sure. That and liability limitations are why they exist.
The Clinton's took in OVER 100 million last year. They ARE the top 1/10 of 1 percent of the TOP 10% of the nation. Are those not the VERY people you seek to pay MORE in taxes?

Or is it just rich Republicans you want to pay? The Clinton's ARE the very people YOUR party claims to hate. The VERY people. So why are YOU giving them a pass?

The Clinton's took in OVER 100 million last year. They ARE the top 1/10 of 1 percent of the TOP 10% of the nation. Are those not the VERY people you seek to pay MORE in taxes?

He's taken in 100 million since leaving office. You're grossly misstating the manufactured outrage you're trying to ape.

Or is it just rich Republicans you want to pay? The Clinton's ARE the very people YOUR party claims to hate. The VERY people. So why are YOU giving them a pass?

Republicans use LLC's too. What exactly is the scandal? That Clinton used a common and completely legal company to lower this tax burden?

That's......that's it?

Really? Fuck, you guys really are just Rupert Murdoch's bitches. Any accusation Fox makes, you gobble without thought or question. Head down, ass up.

Last edited:
The awful truth about Hillary is beginning to dawn on Dems (I think that the author of this article is being a little kind to the Dems)

We live in an age of narratives, not news. The narrative in the mainstream media is that Hillary Clinton is “inevitable” as the Democratic nominee, with supporting polling data from the New York Times (that oversamples Democrats and under-samples Republicans) manufactured to support the narrative. But the real news, what people need to know, is that Hillary looks like a disaster-in-the-making, with very poor campaign skills and an indefensible record overseeing foreign policy disasters that have exploded in the face of Obama.

Read more: Blog The awful truth about Hillary is beginning to dawn on Dems
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Oh my, another Clinton scandal. Another day Faux can make money. Another day that the 'Conservatives' can froth at the mouth. And another day that the 2016 election looks more like a Democratic walk in the park.
Translation:
It doesn't matter what they have done. My head is permanently affixed to their ass

Is there anything about this latest manufactured "Scandal" that you or anyone else claims was illegal? If so, which law was broken?

The awful truth about Hillary is beginning to dawn on Dems (I think that the author of this article is being a little kind to the Dems)

We live in an age of narratives, not news. The narrative in the mainstream media is that Hillary Clinton is “inevitable” as the Democratic nominee, with supporting polling data from the New York Times (that oversamples Democrats and under-samples Republicans) manufactured to support the narrative. But the real news, what people need to know, is that Hillary looks like a disaster-in-the-making, with very poor campaign skills and an indefensible record overseeing foreign policy disasters that have exploded in the face of Obama.

You offer a link to an article by a right wing hack who says Hillary is losing support. Just who do you think will believe that crap?

What hypocrites!

What is not honest and above board about this?

I will be looking forward to this scandal: Several former Clinton aids have claimed that the Clintons often told black jokes to their closest friends and staff, one aid even claims to have overheard a commonly used slang for black people when Hillary was telling a black joke to George Stephanopolus at a private party,and George actually found it very amusing.

You offer a link to an article by a right wing hack who says Hillary is losing support. Just who do you think will believe that crap?

As i said, the author is being too kind to dems as you have shown.

There is no scandal, there is no crime.....Sheesh!

But look over there, a wolf! A wolf!!!! A wolf!!!!

This is becoming very amusing! Lol

I will be looking forward to this scandal: Several former Clinton aids have claimed that the Clintons often told black jokes to their closest friends and staff, one aid even claims to have overheard a commonly used slang for black people when Hillary was telling a black joke to George Stephanopolus at a private party,and George actually found it very amusing.

Of course you can always mention these mysterious aids who tell scandalous things about the Clintons, but you can never produce a single real person.

Forum List

Back