Annual interest on our debt will pass $ 1 trillion this year.

At some point taxes destroy growth. It's an irrevocable fact. Having said that tax cuts are just as deadly once you apply them to an entrenched system.
The only sure fire method is a national sales tax and no payroll tax. Granted it's not perfect but 100 times better than the crap system we have now
YES!!!!!
My recommendation is to add a 4% national sales tax
Add an 0.50% financial transaction tax on stock, bond & derivative transactions
Fix SS & Medicare separately. Raise the cap and ages on SS.
Add a new Remittance Tax on all money sent out of the US. That $150b a year will pay for the wall and DHS.

I also would like to see a new Grace Commission to cut government spending.
I would also like Congress to ask Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, Jamie Dimon, and the Federal Reserve for recommendations how to fix the Budget Deficit and National Debt.

Last edited:
There's too much promissory value that doesn't actually exist. You can't fix it either with higher taxes or tax cuts. Neither will work. It has to correct.... That means mass starvation and enormous poverty.
You are probably talking about the IOUs that prior admins put into SS when they stole the surplus under their "Unified Budget".
Money is money. See my post #81. We can balance the Budget and pay down the Debt over time.
The "safety net" may need to shrink with cuts to Welfare and Medicaid.

You are probably talking about the IOUs that prior admins put into SS when they stole the surplus under their "Unified Budget".
Money is money. See my post #81. We can balance the Budget and pay down the Debt over time.
The "safety net" may need to shrink with cuts to Welfare and Medicaid.
We might have a chance if the real estate bubble which is now about 15 trillion in imaginary assets doesn't land like a mile wide asteroid on wall street like it did in 2008.

Isn't it just amazing watching the tards working so hard to excuse or ignore Republican overspending?

Fascinating.

No wonder they can be so easily conned. They do all the heavy-lifting inside their heads for the propagandists and mountebanks who lie to them.

"I want to bleev it, so it must be true!"
The entire debt nearly doubled under Obama, and in his 8 years of office he never once mentioned it.

Republicans controlled the Congress for half of Trump’s administration, so you’re lying yet again

Butthurt spinning MOD again? Congress is mainly responsible for all Americas ills// They hold America hostage by shutdown threat to ram thru any MAX spending. Dems primarily + turncoat R.

The entire debt nearly doubled under Obama, and in his 8 years of office he never once mentioned it.
Trump managed to almost match Obama's debt in half the time!

Like I said, you tards do all kinds of mental gymnastics to avoid facing the fact the GOP is no more fiscally responsible than the Democrats.

Interest on the debt is a THIRD of what the OP claims.
This thread is yet another right wing farce
Wrong....again...

1689593779663.png

That's right kids.

The interest alone on our $32 trillion national debt is almost $700 billion a year and spiraling up.

And do you know who most of this goes to ?

The so-called "national debt" is a misnomer and no burger.

OIP.jpeg

Where are the assets of this debt? Every debt has an asset holder. Who holds the asset of the debt? What did the US federal government borrow that it didn't have? When you and I borrow money, we're borrowing it as users of the USD, not issuers. The US government creates USD ex-nihilo. So what is this so-called "debt" you're fearmongering about?

Forum List

Back