Ann Romney: "I don't even consider myself wealthy"

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Statements like this (on FOX news, no less) is what will eventually be Mitt Romney's downfall. How in the world will voters be able to connect with him?

Speaking on Fox News Monday, Ann Romney showed that her husband's habit of making uncomfortable references to their wealth is rubbing off. Attempting to make the point that there are things more important than money, she instead uttered, "I don't even consider myself wealthy, which is an interesting thing. It can be here today gone tomorrow."

During the same interview, speaking about the horseback riding therapy she uses to treat her multiple sclerosis, she said, according to Boston Globe reporter Michael Levenson, "Some people have lovers in every port; I have horses in every port."

Ann Romney Is Talking Awkwardly About Money Now Too - Yahoo! News

So now it's the demoncrats contention that voters CANNOT connect with wealthy people? Or is it just wealthy Republicans? Explain.

Granny says, "Dat's right - dey make more money by outsourcin' American jobs, so make `em pay more taxes...
:eusa_clap:
Obama Urges Congress to Approve Higher Tax Scale for the Rich
March 31, 2012 - U.S. President Barack Obama says it is time the wealthiest Americans pay what he called their fair share in taxes.
During his weekly address Saturday, Obama urged Congress to vote in favor of the so-called "Buffet Rule" in a few weeks. The plan, named for billionaire investor Warren Buffet, would increase taxes on people earning at least $1 million.

Buffet has said it is not fair he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. The president says funding the tax breaks for the wealthy is not fair when middle class families are struggling to pay for necessities.

In the Republican address, House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner complained the Obama administration is not doing enough to increase oil and gas production on federal lands. He called for a freeze in new regulations on refineries. Boehner also continued a Republican theme of blaming the administration for high gasoline prices.

Source

Ann Romney's an idiot apparently. Then again, so is Michelle Obama ("This is the first time I've been proud of America"). This race isn't really about people's wives. This is about much bigger issues.

Why cherry pick Romney statements though? Could it be that Obama can't run on his own accomplishments?

If you've submitted an application for a four car garage with elevators for each car along the California coast - and paid a consultant 20K to manage the permitting - you might be wealthy.

I'm glad that Romney is a self made rich man. That means he won't have the need to feather his nest with taxpayer and lobbyist money.

"I don't even consider myself wealthy"

Considering the way they treated their dog that ran away, neither do I. Wealth isn't just money. Right wingers don't understand that.

But the Obamas are sooo in touch...

Fuck people, wake up!

If they're running for the White House, they're fucking rich! No matter how much lip service the give, none of them have the slightest GOD damn clue what it is like to be an average American.

Unfortunetly I have to agree with this statement.

What some fail to understand is the Romneys are sufficiently wealthy to move about in circles wherein they come in close contact with the One Percent category -- the super rich, the new American ruling class which has come into being during the past three decades of devious "supply-side" machinations, predatory Wall Street and banking schemes, and various "free trade" manipulations which have shifted the bulk of this Nation's wealth straight upward and has virtually decimated the once-great American middle class. The kind of wealth accumulated by this very small group of Americans, whom the Romneys are exposed to because of their relative prominence, is sufficient to make those in the Romney wealth category feel like poor cousins.

After all, everything is relative. Even having car elevators in one's private garage is no big deal when compared with people who shit into gold-plated toilet bowls and wipe their asses with scented and moisturized tissue that costs $12 a roll.

Still there are peasant-class water-carriers for the rich who criticize the Occupy movement with accusations of envy.

Last edited:
I'm glad that Romney is a self made rich man. That means he won't have the need to feather his nest with taxpayer and lobbyist money.

Self made? Perhaps you are unfamiliar with where Mitt's dad used to work.

So? If I've heard correctly, Romney gave his daddy's money to charity as he had made plenty of his own. Do you want to have someone who's finances are so sketchy that he joins up with a political operative who was under indictment for kickback schemes? How much do you think Obama learned from his good friend Tony Rezko?

Obama Discloses New Rezko Details - ABC News

Tony Rezko sentenced to 10-1/2 years in kickback scheme - Post-Tribune

Last edited:
But the Obamas are sooo in touch...

Fuck people, wake up!

If they're running for the White House, they're fucking rich! No matter how much lip service the give, none of them have the slightest GOD damn clue what it is like to be an average American.

I gave you rep for this most wonderous and brilliant post. (not used to giving rep on a board and it's great. but I always forget to do it)

Now back to politics.

They don't know what it's like to be us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back