Ann Romney: "I don't even consider myself wealthy"

Statements like this (on FOX news, no less) is what will eventually be Mitt Romney's downfall. How in the world will voters be able to connect with him?

Speaking on Fox News Monday, Ann Romney showed that her husband's habit of making uncomfortable references to their wealth is rubbing off. Attempting to make the point that there are things more important than money, she instead uttered, "I don't even consider myself wealthy, which is an interesting thing. It can be here today gone tomorrow."

During the same interview, speaking about the horseback riding therapy she uses to treat her multiple sclerosis, she said, according to Boston Globe reporter Michael Levenson, "Some people have lovers in every port; I have horses in every port."

Ann Romney Is Talking Awkwardly About Money Now Too - Yahoo! News

One of the things that Walmart employees liked about Sam Walton was the fact that he didn't think of himself as rich or better than anyone else. He drove a dented rusty pickup and wore the same kind of clothes everyone else does. He was rich as shit and didn't act like it.

So, my opinion is this.......

It doesn't matter what you say, if you have a rotten attitude about the person, you can find something wrong with it. If Mitt doesn't think of himself as being rich that can be a good thing.

I feel the Romneys' are modest people and have heard Ann say that about Mitt. He didn't accept the inheritance his father left him and he also did not take a salary for being governor of MA. Neither did his lieutenant governor. Regardless of the wealth others have had while holding these jobs, they also took the salary they earned, and nothing is wrong in any way with that. Mitt chose to serve, by giving of his time and not accepting payment for that.

Feeling wealthy is not something all people with money notice. They often are great savers and charitable persons, with money, and feel no differently than others with great wealth. It's a mind-set when you have money.

I have known ppl with great money, who have businesses, and choose to live in modest homes and drive modestly priced cars, because they care about their communities and how they are perceived by their own customers. They don't want to gloat and make others feel less, by living large.

They are rich, in other ways. Generosity, for starters.

I knew Sam Walton, and saw him in that truck often. He was a great and humble man, who in his mind, was just another guy, loving what he did for a living and passing on the savings to the rest of the communities, and they could choose to go there, or not.

He was rich in generosity and character and so are many members of his family that I have known.

I don't recall seeing a Presidential candidate making this many "shoot myself in the foot" statements. It really doesn't help when his wife adds to the circus.

You must have forgotten about candidate Obama and his better half.

Empress Fat Ass obama still considers herself an oppressed minority. Don't see a difference.

She doesn't consider herself wealthy...:lol:

Yeah, most people have elevators for their Cadillacs.

On the other hand the way Obama and his family and the rest of the Democraps throw our money around......one would think they think they're better than us. :cool:

obama_snob.gif
limousine_liberal.jpg

Mrs. Etch A Sketch is as clueless and out of touch as Mr. Etch A Sketch, to insult the intelligence of voters by claiming "I don't even consider myself wealthy."

During the same interview, speaking about the horseback riding therapy she uses to treat her multiple sclerosis, she said, according to Boston Globe reporter Michael Levenson, "Some people have lovers in every port; I have horses in every port." Surely she doesn't actually have a horse in every port (though she does have a very expensive collection of horses). But with a Cadillac in at least two ports, as her husband so helpfully pointed out last month, the comment, along with "I don't even consider myself wealthy," is bound to get a few raised eyebrows.

A ‘very expensive collection of horses,’ and she doesn’t consider herself wealthy. This not only raises eyebrows, but calls into question the competence of the Romney campaign and what advice, if any, Mrs. Etch A Sketch is receiving.

The irony of this, of course, is no one begrudges her her wealth, there’s nothing wrong whatsoever with being rich and successful; the issue for such a politician and his wife, however, is how competent are they in articulating this to the voters, and in this regard the Romneys have clearly failed.

On the other hand the way Obama and his family and the rest of the Democraps throw our money around......one would think they think they're better than us. :cool:

obama_snob.gif
limousine_liberal.jpg

Yes, quite often the The nouveau riche don't know what to do with money, except spend and flaunt it. Very different than those with "old money" whose families have been wealthy for multiple generations.

They lack the value system or experience to utilize wealth in the same manner as those accustomed to having money.

Statements like this (on FOX news, no less) is what will eventually be Mitt Romney's downfall. How in the world will voters be able to connect with him?

Speaking on Fox News Monday, Ann Romney showed that her husband's habit of making uncomfortable references to their wealth is rubbing off. Attempting to make the point that there are things more important than money, she instead uttered, "I don't even consider myself wealthy, which is an interesting thing. It can be here today gone tomorrow."

During the same interview, speaking about the horseback riding therapy she uses to treat her multiple sclerosis, she said, according to Boston Globe reporter Michael Levenson, "Some people have lovers in every port; I have horses in every port."

Ann Romney Is Talking Awkwardly About Money Now Too - Yahoo! News

:gives:

Seriously, you guys are a bunch of crybaby pussies.

Do you know that obama is rich?
That his family is wealthy?
That he could afford Harvard?

and you think he's connected?

well

I guess when you have less than nothing, invent shit and see what sticks

This is what folks from Harvard think puddle-jumping is.

harvard.jpg

Yeah. Obama is a real man of the little people.

“Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?” Obama asked an Iowa crowd in 2007.

Obama's Arugula Gap - HUMAN EVENTS

obama_snob.gif
limousine_liberal.jpg

Ah...so doctored photos are the same as tearing down your gazillion square foot home to put in a multigazillion square foot home complete with elevators for your car...while at the same time proclaiming that you don't feel wealthy? That's the same as, oh say, President Obama saying that he is well off and that he feels he can afford to have his taxes raised? Same/same?

Yeah. Obama is a real man of the little people.

“Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?” Obama asked an Iowa crowd in 2007.

Obama's Arugula Gap - HUMAN EVENTS

Heck....everything is expensive at Whole Foods.

But they have some stuff that you can't find anywhere else.

Raspberry flavored cheese for one.

Last edited:

obama_snob.gif
limousine_liberal.jpg

Ah...so doctored photos are the same as tearing down your gazillion square foot home to put in a multigazillion square foot home complete with elevators for your car...while at the same time proclaiming that you don't feel wealthy? That's the same as, oh say, President Obama saying that he is well off and that he feels he can afford to have his taxes raised? Same/same?

Do you seriously want to get into a comparison of the excesses between Obama and Romney???

Talk about going into a fight with a blindfold on.

:badgrin:

Do you seriously want to get into a comparison of the excesses between Obama and Romney???

Knock yourself out. The awkward and out of touch Romneybot will win every time. Come on, who puts in elevators for their CAR? You can't touch that excess with a 30 foot solid gold pole, my friend.

Knock yourself out. The awkward and out of touch Romneybot will win every time. Come on, who puts in elevators for their CAR? You can't touch that excess with a 30 foot solid gold pole, my friend.

He is providing many good construction jobs.

I see why you call that an excess. Democrats dont create any.

I knew a guy who was a mentor of sorts to me and he was wealthy. He was probably worth a couple million 30 years ago.

He was always working on something because he was a true entrepreneur and he loved solving problems. He literally could have gone out and done or bought anything he wanted at any time but he would always hold off on a purchase or a vacation until he met some self determined benchmark.

He never thought he was wealthy in fact he was more responsible with his money than anyone I knew.

Maybe that's why he actually was wealthy huh?

We should learn something from that.

And believe me, I think Willard should be able to spend his money any way he likes. When I win the lottery, I plan on building a replica of Hogwarts to live in...but to try and paint him as an "everyday man" is ludicrous.

He needs to stop with the "I'm unemployed" bullshit. He's rich and has ALWAYS been rich. He doesn't know what it's like to live paycheck to paycheck, has NEVER known a moment of uncertainty or had to worry if he was going to be thrown out of his multi-elevatored mansions. He's never struggled to get by.

Last edited:
If the Romneys are so rich, maybe they can afford to pay for their own vacations rather than passing on millions of dollars in downtime fun to the taxpayers the way the obamas do.

You must love getting kicked in the balls.

Forum List

Back