Ann Romney: "I don't even consider myself wealthy"

Do you seriously want to get into a comparison of the excesses between Obama and Romney???

Talk about going into a fight with a blindfold on.

:badgrin:

Knock yourself out. The awkward and out of touch Romneybot will win every time. Come on, who puts in elevators for their CAR? You can't touch that excess with a 30 foot solid gold pole, my friend.

You must love getting kicked in the balls.

Haven't got any balls, thanks. Is this you stalling? Go ahead...start with the list of how much more "out of touch" President Obama is than the Most Awkward Man in the World, Willard Romney.

Knock yourself out. The awkward and out of touch Romneybot will win every time. Come on, who puts in elevators for their CAR? You can't touch that excess with a 30 foot solid gold pole, my friend.

Haven't got any balls, thanks. Is this you stalling? Go ahead...start with the list of how much more "out of touch" President Obama is than the Most Awkward Man in the World, Willard Romney.

Nope......I can see the futility of the act.

You won't heed a single word of anything I post.

Obama's conduct spoke for itself these last 3.1 years. I don't have to add anything else to it to prove my point.

Why don't you post all of your Romney shit so I can tear you a new asshole.

Last edited:

Nope......I can see the futility of the act.

You won't heed a single word of anything I post.

Obama's conduct spoke for itself these last 3.1 years. I don't have to add anything else to it to prove my point.
Far too many don't care of his actions which confirms to me they could care less. Obama or bust.

The peasants might want to argue the point, but obama shouldn't want to get into a battle with Romney as to who has the most financial excess.

Trip to India
Trip to Spain
Date night in New York
Ten car motorcade to Mt. Rushmore

Even obama himself wouldn't take that on.

What some fail to understand is the Romneys are sufficiently wealthy to move about in circles wherein they come in close contact with the One Percent category -- the super rich, the new American ruling class which has come into being during the past three decades of devious "supply-side" machinations, predatory Wall Street and banking schemes, and various "free trade" manipulations which have shifted the bulk of this Nation's wealth straight upward and has virtually decimated the once-great American middle class. The kind of wealth accumulated by this very small group of Americans, whom the Romneys are exposed to because of their relative prominence, is sufficient to make those in the Romney wealth category feel like poor cousins.

After all, everything is relative. Even having car elevators in one's private garage is no big deal when compared with people who shit into gold-plated toilet bowls and wipe their asses with scented and moisturized tissue that costs $12 a roll.

Still there are peasant-class water-carriers for the rich who criticize the Occupy movement with accusations of envy.

Aptly put. And many feel that the rich need more catering too so they wealth will continue to rise upward. Not the people, the wealth.

What some fail to understand is the Romneys are sufficiently wealthy to move about in circles wherein they come in close contact with the One Percent category -- the super rich, the new American ruling class which has come into being during the past three decades of devious "supply-side" machinations, predatory Wall Street and banking schemes, and various "free trade" manipulations which have shifted the bulk of this Nation's wealth straight upward and has virtually decimated the once-great American middle class. The kind of wealth accumulated by this very small group of Americans, whom the Romneys are exposed to because of their relative prominence, is sufficient to make those in the Romney wealth category feel like poor cousins.

After all, everything is relative. Even having car elevators in one's private garage is no big deal when compared with people who shit into gold-plated toilet bowls and wipe their asses with scented and moisturized tissue that costs $12 a roll.

Still there are peasant-class water-carriers for the rich who criticize the Occupy movement with accusations of envy.

Aptly put. And many feel that the rich need more catering too so they wealth will continue to rise upward. Not the people, the wealth.

So penalize the wealthy so they go offshore, fail to invest...and guess what happens? Other people suffer...but in that suffering? They can take the bull by the balls and fill the void and create things on thier own. (That is if Government allows it. In this present climate? Government makes it almost impossible).

So penalize the wealthy so they go offshore, fail to invest...and guess what happens? Other people suffer...but in that suffering? They can take the bull by the balls and fill the void and create things on thier own. (That is if Government allows it. In this present climate? Government makes it almost impossible).
You surely don't grasp the plight of the middle and lower working class at all, who fall victim to the wealthy. Read a little more about how CEO's get wealth at the demise of the workers.

I'm glad that Romney is a self made rich man. That means he won't have the need to feather his nest with taxpayer and lobbyist money.

Self made? Perhaps you are unfamiliar with where Mitt's dad used to work.

So? If I've heard correctly, Romney gave his daddy's money to charity as he had made plenty of his own. Do you want to have someone who's finances are so sketchy that he joins up with a political operative who was under indictment for kickback schemes? How much do you think Obama learned from his good friend Tony Rezko?

Obama Discloses New Rezko Details - ABC News

Tony Rezko sentenced to 10-1/2 years in kickback scheme - Post-Tribune

Precious deflection. precious.

Very true. And it seems those who most vigorously defend the gluttonous greed of the super-rich are themselves two paychecks away from poverty. These empty-headed noisemakers are comparable to virulent White racists who cheer for Black athletes.

Very true. And it seems those who most vigorously defend the gluttonous greed of the super-rich are themselves two paychecks away from poverty. These empty-headed noisemakers are comparable to virulent White racists who cheer for Black athletes.

9262008obamafriends.gif

As long as Obama is in office this country is in trouble.

Hillary Clinton said she was a fiscal conservative. Lots of people in politics have no realistic sense of who they are.

Hillary is also full of crapola. The only reason we aren't reminded is she doesn't speak in public as much as she used to.

Like her comment that al Jazzera was real news.

Hillary Clinton said she was a fiscal conservative. Lots of people in politics have no realistic sense of who they are.

Hillary is also full of crapola. The only reason we aren't reminded is she doesn't speak in public as much as she used to.

Like her comment that al Jazzera was real news.

Indeed:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjZm3SOQaKc]Shocker: Hillary Clinton Says Al Jazeera is "Real News!" - YouTube[/ame]

I knew a guy who was a mentor of sorts to me and he was wealthy. He was probably worth a couple million 30 years ago.

He was always working on something because he was a true entrepreneur and he loved solving problems. He literally could have gone out and done or bought anything he wanted at any time but he would always hold off on a purchase or a vacation until he met some self determined benchmark.

He never thought he was wealthy in fact he was more responsible with his money than anyone I knew.

Maybe that's why he actually was wealthy huh?

We should learn something from that.
I believe there are quite a few millionaires who fit the description of your friend. They have accumulated a reasonable amount of wealth and they use it to lead comfortable, secure, relatively unexceptional lives -- and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem lies in the accumulation of excessive wealth that reflects the kind of malignant and contagious greed which has operated to severely damage our economy and sabotage the middle class.

My personal idea of the level at which reasonable wealth becomes excessive wealth is twenty million dollars. I believe that amount of money would enable anyone to own a fine home (or two) and lead a secure and comfortable life. I further believe America would be a much better place if the tax law mandated confiscation of accumulated personal assets in excess of twenty million dollars.

And I have no doubt that some of the most vigorous and outraged protests of that declaration will come from individuals who will never earn more than $75k and probably will never be able to pay off their credit card debt.

I knew a guy who was a mentor of sorts to me and he was wealthy. He was probably worth a couple million 30 years ago.

He was always working on something because he was a true entrepreneur and he loved solving problems. He literally could have gone out and done or bought anything he wanted at any time but he would always hold off on a purchase or a vacation until he met some self determined benchmark.

He never thought he was wealthy in fact he was more responsible with his money than anyone I knew.

Maybe that's why he actually was wealthy huh?

We should learn something from that.
I believe there are quite a few millionaires who fit the description of your friend. They have accumulated a reasonable amount of wealth and they use it to lead comfortable, secure, relatively unexceptional lives -- and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem lies in the accumulation of excessive wealth that reflects the kind of malignant and contagious greed which has operated to severely damage our economy and sabotage the middle class.

My personal idea of the level at which reasonable wealth becomes excessive wealth is twenty million dollars. I believe that amount of money would enable anyone to own a fine home (or two) and lead a secure and comfortable life. I further believe America would be a much better place if the tax law mandated confiscation of accumulated personal assets in excess of twenty million dollars.

And I have no doubt that some of the most vigorous and outraged protests of that declaration will come from individuals who will never earn more than $75k and probably will never be able to pay off their credit card debt.

There is no such thing as excessive wealth.

It's interesting how many on the left talk about having a "world view" of politics, economics and foreign policy. Yet when discussing wealth do not. All Americans are excessively wealthy on a world scale.

I just read the quote. AR wasn't saying she wasn't wealthy. She was making the simple point that one can be prideful about their money and then lose it. I think it was kind of a lame point, but it's not the point that libs want to pretend that it is.

Forum List

Back