Ann Coulter's take on the election

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
A great read!

http://www.anncoulter.org/

Coulter brings up a pretty good question I think. Why did Karl Rove conclude that Bush should stay mum on the issues of gay marriage and partial-birth abortion when 70 to 80 percent of America is against it? Like she claims, would the election have been wrapped up in August if he had?

ScreamingEagle said:
A great read!

http://www.anncoulter.org/

Coulter brings up a pretty good question I think. Why did Karl Rove conclude that Bush should stay mum on the issues of gay marriage and partial-birth abortion when 70 to 80 percent of America is against it? Like she claims, would the election have been wrapped up in August if he had?

I haven't read her article yet, but here is my take on it.

The Dims would have grabbed onto that and said that it was because of his religion. They would have beat that drum until it burst. There are a lot of non-religious people that are against abortion and gay marriage but those folks are uncomfortable with those of us that are against it based on religious beliefs. They just believe it is wrong and/or against nature. If Bush had come out too strong on those two issues, it would have been used against him in a religious context.

The states were openly for the gay amendment so the President didnt need to say much. The votes he would have gained by vocally supporting the amendments would have been offset by those who were against the amendments. His position is well known so he didnt need to beat the drum.

I am so sick of the left's bogus argument about "religious" beliefs. The ACLU can go stuff itself. I hope Bush stops the tip-toeing around this matter.

Beliefs are beliefs. No matter where they come from. Exactly where do the left's Secular beliefs come from? The Anti-Christ? :wtf: (Probably, in some cases.) Religious beliefs are what separates us from the Eurotrash.

Americans have the right to vote in politicians and law corresponding to their beliefs.

ScreamingEagle said:
I am so sick of the left's bogus argument about "religious" beliefs. The ACLU can go stuff itself. I hope Bush stops the tip-toeing around this matter.

Beliefs are beliefs. No matter where they come from. Exactly where do the left's Secular beliefs come from? The Anti-Christ? :wtf: (Probably, in some cases.) Religious beliefs are what separates us from the Eurotrash.

Americans have the right to vote in politicians and law corresponding to their beliefs.

If you happened to catch Bush's press conference today you would be very at ease at Bush's resolve to not kiss across to the other side of the aisle. He as much told the reporters I was elected by a mandate and Im going to use that election capitol to put my agenda in place. It was quite something to see him so resolute! He is very confident becasue of the trust America put in him and he is not going to let us down. He beleives as he should that he layed his agenda out honestly and straightfowardly, the majority of people embraced it and elected him...........Period!

Bonnie said:
If you happened to catch Bush's press conference today you would be very at ease at Bush's resolve to not kiss across to the other side of the aisle. He as much told the reporters I was elected by a mandate and Im going to use that election capitol to put my agenda in place. It was quite something to see him so resolute! He is very confident becasue of the trust America put in him and he is not going to let us down. He beleives as he should that he layed his agenda out honestly and straightfowardly, the majority of people embraced it and elected him...........Period!

He was AWESOME!

Bonnie said:

i have a great deal of admiration for mr bush and i hope his focus stays on the middle east...........if he takes his eye off the ball and starts to chase social issues, abortion, social security, helath care, etc..... as a focus at the expense of iraq, i will be disapointed .....the time is to focus on protecting the US and our right to persue a social agenda when we are secure ....

Bonnie said:

Alright! I'll be on the lookout for repeats. Hopefully this is his big turning point.

manu1959 said:
i have a great deal of admiration for mr bush and i hope his focus stays on the middle east...........if he takes his eye off the ball and starts to chase social issues, abortion, social security, helath care, etc..... as a focus at the expense of iraq, i will be disapointed .....the time is to focus on protecting the US and our right to persue a social agenda when we are secure ....

I think there is definitely enough time for both. We cannot shut down the Government to deal only with war, we are not Spartans. The vast majority of the country are not fighting in Iraq and therefore can split attention easily.

rtwngAvngr said:
He was AWESOME!

There was a different glint in his eye today. He was a man who had cut his teeth in Washington and now he has new set of sharper ones. He made reference to this several times, and for once the media was :banana: :bow3: kissing his ASS!

Bonnie said:
There was a different glint in his eye today. He was a man who had cut his teeth in Washington and now he has new set of sharper ones. He made reference to this several times, and for once the media was :banana: kssing his ASS!

Here is to hoping that we see more Press Conferences this four years! :beer:

He seemed confident in a way I haven't seen him act during a Press Conference before this day. He always seemed uncomfortable and unwilling to speak directly from the heart during conferences, this time was definitely different.

no1tovote4 said:

He seemed confident in a way I haven't seen him act during a Press Conference before this day. He always seemed uncomfortable and unwilling to speak directly from the heart during conferences, this time was definitely different.

Absolutely!!! This election was the best thing that could have happened for our country. As a nation we gave him the support to do what we beleive he needs to do to stay a strong protected country, and a prosperous one. :)

no1tovote4 said:

more verbose than usual.. He used a wide ranging vocabulary which probably SHOCKED the press.. I think that he's finally relaxed in that he now has a majority of voters behind him.. He was more himself.. It was great to watch.. And the press better watch it he's not going to take their barbs any longer..

I've come to the conclusion that it is only when a president wins a second term that he can settle down, be who he essentially is, and do what he essentially does. President Reagan faced down left-wing treachery at home and broke communism's back abroad. President Clinton played golf and got blowjobs.

I feel pretty good about wherre this country is going in the next four years.

Forum List

Back