Ann Coulter's take on the election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ScreamingEagle, Nov 4, 2004.

1. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    A great read!

http://www.anncoulter.org/

Coulter brings up a pretty good question I think. Why did Karl Rove conclude that Bush should stay mum on the issues of gay marriage and partial-birth abortion when 70 to 80 percent of America is against it? Like she claims, would the election have been wrapped up in August if he had?

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I haven't read her article yet, but here is my take on it.

The Dims would have grabbed onto that and said that it was because of his religion. They would have beat that drum until it burst. There are a lot of non-religious people that are against abortion and gay marriage but those folks are uncomfortable with those of us that are against it based on religious beliefs. They just believe it is wrong and/or against nature. If Bush had come out too strong on those two issues, it would have been used against him in a religious context.

3. remie

remie Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The states were openly for the gay amendment so the President didnt need to say much. The votes he would have gained by vocally supporting the amendments would have been offset by those who were against the amendments. His position is well known so he didnt need to beat the drum.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. ScreamingEagle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    I am so sick of the left's bogus argument about "religious" beliefs. The ACLU can go stuff itself. I hope Bush stops the tip-toeing around this matter.

Beliefs are beliefs. No matter where they come from. Exactly where do the left's Secular beliefs come from? The Anti-Christ? :wtf: (Probably, in some cases.) Religious beliefs are what separates us from the Eurotrash.

Americans have the right to vote in politicians and law corresponding to their beliefs.

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

If you happened to catch Bush's press conference today you would be very at ease at Bush's resolve to not kiss across to the other side of the aisle. He as much told the reporters I was elected by a mandate and Im going to use that election capitol to put my agenda in place. It was quite something to see him so resolute! He is very confident becasue of the trust America put in him and he is not going to let us down. He beleives as he should that he layed his agenda out honestly and straightfowardly, the majority of people embraced it and elected him...........Period!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    He was AWESOME!

7. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    i have a great deal of admiration for mr bush and i hope his focus stays on the middle east...........if he takes his eye off the ball and starts to chase social issues, abortion, social security, helath care, etc..... as a focus at the expense of iraq, i will be disapointed .....the time is to focus on protecting the US and our right to persue a social agenda when we are secure ....

8. ScreamingEagle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Alright! I'll be on the lookout for repeats. Hopefully this is his big turning point.

9. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

I think there is definitely enough time for both. We cannot shut down the Government to deal only with war, we are not Spartans. The vast majority of the country are not fighting in Iraq and therefore can split attention easily.

10. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    There was a different glint in his eye today. He was a man who had cut his teeth in Washington and now he has new set of sharper ones. He made reference to this several times, and for once the media was :banana: :bow3: kissing his ASS!