Democrat Crossover Votes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by no1tovote4, Nov 4, 2004.

1. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Our county is about 65% Republican to 35% Democrat. However the results of our county were about 15% for Kerry. There were many Democrat Crossover votes. What is it that they are missing that even Democrats will not vote for their Party?

2. lolita715

lolita715 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    how were results for kerry only 15%??? Kerry got 48% of the votes???? And republicans are 65% of the population, and bush got 52% of the vote, how were democrats crossing over??????

3. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

I am speaking only of one county. The Democrats in our county voted, I know they did I was an election Judge and they signed the book. Our head judge was a Democrat, there was no hanky-panky. The votes simply show that they crossed over. Half of the Democrats in my county voted for Bush. Around the nation it was supposedly 10% of Democrats that voted for Bush, (according to Air America, listened in on the way to work today).

4. lolita715

lolita715 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I see, what percentage of republicans voted for Kerry

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    county
    countRy

two different words. Say it with me now.

coun - ti
    coun - tree

6. lolita715

lolita715 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the lesson

7. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

According to Air America it was about 5% across the nation, much less crossover and thus the victory. The question is, why so much crossover? What were the Democrats missing for that 10%?

8. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Protection of our country. Some bright Democrats rightly assumed that John Kerry would not qualify as a good war President.

9. lolita715

lolita715 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And bush is really protecting us with all the troops over seas. Whats going to happen when we are attacked at home??? Not to mention that only 5% of items that come in to ports are checked, and bush does not think the millitary should control borders, anyone could slither into the U.S

10. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    First off, our troops have almost always been stationed overseas.

And as far as shipments that come into America....

Are you familiar with the "Known Shipper" program? There is NO way we could inspect 100% or even 25% of ALL the cargo that comes into this country every day. Therefore, there is a program called the "Known Shipper" that helps the customs admin decide which incoming containers to inspect, etc. Apparently it works pretty well.

The Known Shipper Program has proven to be an effective deterrent: On average, TSA's Known Shipper database receives approximately 18,000 inquiries, of which an average 6,000 are generated from unknown shippers. The database alerts carriers that this cargo cannot be accepted and must be diverted to an all-cargo aircraft or another form of transport.