Ann Compton on Obama: He Launches 'Profanity-Laced' Tirades Against Press

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
No surprises here. Obama prefers an obedient media, not the kind that actually functions as they should. Reporters are supposed to go after the story, not take dictation and repeat talking points. These off-the-record meetings with reporters are bullshit. Reporters shouldn't be expected to gather and get lectured to about how they should do their jobs. They know what they should do and too many allow their political views to dictate how they report. Agenda-driven news isn't news. It's propaganda. They should just discover and report facts and let the chips fall where they may. Instead, they work too hard to shape public opinion instead of informing the public. Some seem quite willing to carry the water for Obama. Others apparently get yelled at if they aren't so willing.

From the interview:

"According to retired ABC News journalist Ann Compton, Barack Obama launches into "profanity-laced" tirades against the press in off-the-record meetings with reporters. In a C-SPAN interview, Compton also derided the President for leading "the most opaque" administration of "any I have covered."

The journalist, who retired in August after a 40-year career, revealed to C-SPAN's Brian Lamb: "I have seen in the last year Barack Obama really angry twice. Both were off-the-record times. One, profanity-laced where he thought the press was making too much of scandals that he did not think were scandals."

She explained, "And I don't find him apologetic. But I find him willing to stand up to the press and look them in the eye, even though it was off the record and just give us hell."

After Lamb wondered if the President had a point, she chided, "We cover what we are allowed to cover. And when policy decisions and presidents are inaccessible and don't take questions from the press on a regular basis, I think they reap what they sow.""

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2014/12/08/ann-compton-obama-he-has-profanity-laced-tirades-against-press?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=marketing&utm_term=facebook&utm_content=facebook&utm_campaign=compton-obama

I guess liberals have nothing to say about a liberal reporter who says that Obama cusses at reporters for trying to do their job.

Your op title is wrong

Compton says she has seen two tirades of which ONLY ONE was laced with profanity.....

so there are not tiradeS laced with profanity but ONE tirade laced with profanity, according to her.
I guess liberals have nothing to say about a liberal reporter who says that Obama cusses at reporters for trying to do their job.
Uhhhhhh......he was cussing at them for NOT doing their job.... ;)

Ann Compton?

:lol:

41 years accomplished reporter for ABC. She's had an stellar career.

What's so funny?

ETA: This is but a small recognition to her contributions while at ABC

Awards and associations
Compton was the chairman of the governing board of the Radio Television Correspondents Association in 1987-88 and served on the advisory board of the Freedom Forum Media Studies Center in New York.

In June 2000, she was inducted into the Journalism Hall of Fame by the Society of Professional Journalists. On November 5, 2005, she was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame.

Compton was part of the team awarded the prestigious Silver Baton Alfred I. duPont Columbia University Award for the network's coverage of September 11, 2001.

Her coverage of September 11 was also recognized in ABC News' Emmy and Peabody awards.

She has served as chairwoman of the governing board of the Radio and Television Correspondents Association and has served on the advisory board of the Freedom Forum Media Studies Center.

Currently, Compton is president-elect of the White House Correspondents' Association.

Despite her many achievements and commitments, Compton said that her most valued award is a golden statuette from the National Mothers' Day Committee naming her a Mother of the Year in 1988.

Ann Compton - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

so she holds all this in until he is almost out the door and she covered up for Obama on every crooked and corrupted thing he did

hey Clementine ..

20041027_bushfinger.jpg

too ..

Forum List

Back