Anicius Manlius Severinus Boetheus: both reason and faith...

That could be true but the article I read about it attributed it to collective memory.

Could be both. I heard there was a stampede of animals which in the collective memory of the the tribespeople meant get the f*ck out. Meanwhile you had a lot of other people standing around saying "hey, look at all the animals running, I wonder what that's all about?"

Free Will is processing the information available and then making a decision based on your knowledge and preferences.

sounds more like critical thinking skills more than some special god given talent.

but then again, what would I know?
:eusa_eh:

Technically, yes. But if they'd never experienced a tsunami before, why would it follow that they'd run for the hills?

because somethings was wrong? I know a dog who gets suspicious of any changes in the area. I'd imagine the animals saw the water recede and it looked different and the ground shook and maybe they sensed more changes so they ran...

as far as collective memory goes, animals follow in packs.

in the story of herd mentality, why do lemmings follow each other off the cliff?

flight or fight. flight is usually the safest bet or if you will, the fastest horse.

because somethings was wrong? I know a dog who gets suspicious of any changes in the area. I'd imagine the animals saw the water recede and it looked different and the ground shook and maybe they sensed more changes so they ran...

as far as collective memory goes, animals follow in packs.

in the story of herd mentality, why do lemmings follow each other off the cliff?

flight or fight. flight is usually the safest bet or if you will, the fastest horse.

Sorry to be a prick but lemmings don't do that. That was that mob of bastards at Disney that did it.

snopes.com: White Wilderness Lemmings Suicide

Yes, as a matter of fact I do still hate Disney for killing Bambi's mother.

Forum List

Back