Angle Holds "Press Conference," Takes No Questions

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Angle Holds 'Press Conference,' Takes No Questions And Leaves (VIDEO) | TPMDC

Former Nevada state Rep. Sharron Angle, the Republican nominee for Senate against Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid, is still getting the hang of holding a "press conference" with the media. At an event Wednesday, Angle spoke for three minutes on cutting taxes -- and then quickly left when the assembled reporters tried to ask her questions.

The funniest thing, as shown in tracking video from the Nevada Democratic Party, is that Angle's host seemingly invited the reporters to ask questions -- then Angle suddenly walked away without saying anything.

As CNN points out, the event was in fact billed as a press conference in Angle's own campaign events schedule. It should also be noted that Angle has previously said she avoids interviews with mainstream media outlets that would ask her tough questions, opting for conservative media where she can raise money from viewers.

Angle Holds 'Press Conference,' Takes No Questions And Leaves (VIDEO) | TPMDC

Former Nevada state Rep. Sharron Angle, the Republican nominee for Senate against Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid, is still getting the hang of holding a "press conference" with the media. At an event Wednesday, Angle spoke for three minutes on cutting taxes -- and then quickly left when the assembled reporters tried to ask her questions.

The funniest thing, as shown in tracking video from the Nevada Democratic Party, is that Angle's host seemingly invited the reporters to ask questions -- then Angle suddenly walked away without saying anything.

As CNN points out, the event was in fact billed as a press conference in Angle's own campaign events schedule. It should also be noted that Angle has previously said she avoids interviews with mainstream media outlets that would ask her tough questions, opting for conservative media where she can raise money from viewers.

There was some rich irony at the White House today -- President Obama signed the Press Freedom Act, and then promptly refused to take any questions.
Press Freedom, Sure. But No Questions. - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Sharron Angle is exactly what the teabaggers and the rest of rightwing nuts wanted, and have been saying they wanted for years.

Remember the right's refrain after the 2006 elections, we HAVE to move the Republican party to the RIGHT

or we're doomed.

Well, okay, you're getting exactly what you wanted.

funny how this political chick thinks a press conferance involves no questions.

This angle woman is bat shit crazy

Ms. Truthie, post #2 was about President Obama refusing to take questions during his 'press conference...'

Did you miss that one?

Now, you watch your language about my President!

Ms. Truthie, post #2 was about President Obama refusing to take questions during his 'press conference...'

Did you miss that one?

Except for the minor detail that it wasn't a press conference, you came that close to making an unretarded comment about the President not taking questions at a press conference.

Did you miss that one?

Except for the minor detail that it wasn't a press conference, you came that close to making an unretarded comment about the President not taking questions at a press conference.

"There was some rich irony at the White House today -- President Obama signed the Press Freedom Act, and then promptly refused to take any questions.

The new law expands the State Department's annual human rights reports to include a description of press freedoms in each country. It seemed a good opportunity to showcase press freedom in this country.

Recall that last Friday the president refused to take any questions after delivering his angry statement on the oil spill in the Rose Garden. And he has not held a prime-time White House news conference in many months, despite much pleading from pundits and members of the media.

So after he signed the bill, and as the press "wranglers" began aggressively herding us out of the room, I asked if he still has confidence in BP. He ignored the question so I tried this: "In the interest of press freedom, would you take a couple questions on BP?"
Ibid.

1. The press was there, he took no questions...

I guess it depends on what the meaning of 'is' is.

2. Notice that I am both conservative, and civil, so I don't throw the gratuitous insult that you do.
Suggests a lapse in upbringing.

3. Perhaps it is not too late for you to benefit from a consideration of this item from my explanation of the difference between liberals and conservatives...

"10) Since Liberals see their view as a higher calling that that of Conservatives, they mistakenly believe that it is entirely appropriate for then to use, not logic, facts, nor accepted debating techniques, but ad hominem attacks on the physical appearance, personal history, or imaginary mental defects. Notice how the Liberal replaces intellect with emotion. This is, no doubt, based on a medieval concept of recognizing witches and demons. In fact, Liberals attempt to deal with opponents in similar fashion: recall Clarence Thomas’ “High Tech Lynching.”

Forum List

Back