Angels: Where do they come from?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Let's use Wikipedia as a "springboard" and go from there....

An angel is a primarily spiritual being found in various religions and mythologies. In Abrahamic religions and Zoroastrianism, angels are often depicted as benevolent celestial beings who act as intermediaries between God or Heaven and Earth, or as guardian spirits or a guiding influence.[1][2] Other roles of angels include protecting and guiding human beings, and carrying out God's tasks.[3] The term "angel" has also been diversed to various notions of spirits or figures found in many other religious traditions. The theological study of angels is known as "angelology".

If you don't believe in God or a God, where do you think Angels come from?
Are they random deceased persons floating around earth as spirits/souls?

Or do you just not believe in Angels at all?

Let's use Wikipedia as a "springboard" and go from there....

An angel is a primarily spiritual being found in various religions and mythologies. In Abrahamic religions and Zoroastrianism, angels are often depicted as benevolent celestial beings who act as intermediaries between God or Heaven and Earth, or as guardian spirits or a guiding influence.[1][2] Other roles of angels include protecting and guiding human beings, and carrying out God's tasks.[3] The term "angel" has also been diversed to various notions of spirits or figures found in many other religious traditions. The theological study of angels is known as "angelology".

If you don't believe in God or a God, where do you think Angels come from?
Are they random deceased persons floating around earth as spirits/souls?

Or do you just not believe in Angels at all?
There are angels all around us and in human form. My personal perception.

I think most people that are non-religious believe this.
It's perpetuated in movies as well (e.g. It's A Wonderful Life)

A Christian perspective believes Angels are creatures totally different from humans.

Then, I suppose there are those that don't believe any of it. They just believe there is us, here, we live, we die. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think most people that are non-religious believe this.
It's perpetuated in movies as well (e.g. It's A Wonderful Life)

A Christian perspective believes Angels are creatures totally different from humans.

Then, I suppose there are those that don't believe any of it. They just believe there is us, here, we live, we die. Nothing more, nothing less.

Actually the Bible says that angels appear in human form. I'll look it up and come back.

EDIT -

Hebrews 13:2

King James Version (KJV)
(2)Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

I'm not saying they don't have a human like form.
I'm saying that when we go to heaven we don't become angels.
We were made in God's image as well.

In spiritualism I was told there are angels and they are like us but not human. They are a separate race of beings that never incarnate. They work behind the scenes from higher planes of existence and they guide human evolution. They serve the will of God to administrate the details of our evolution and there are angels who's job it is to guide us into incarnations that will provide the circumstances that settle our karma from past lives.
They are dispassionate and do not hesitate to send us into hard experiences, as they can see the longer view of the benefits to our soul.

For those that believe that we just become Angels when we die, and are not really sold on any "almighty God" - would you also believe that some die and become Demons?

For those that believe that we just become Angels when we die, and are not really sold on any "almighty God" - would you also believe that some die and become Demons?
Thanks for this thread. We were running low on goofy threads.

I did it all for you darling..... and your opinion, well....;)

You have an angel too. Just don't get near any cliffs.

If I have a guardian angel he/she is totally slacking on the job!
But, I'm not dead so at least there is that!

Forum List

Back