And we are the richest nation on the planet???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VaYank5150, Sep 29, 2009.

1. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Homeless find temporary haven in tent camps - CNN.com

Does this bother anyone else?

2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,731
    Fuck No we are not the richest nation on the planet. We are broke.. for every dollar we spend we borrow 50 cents of it. When are you libtards gonna get that we don't have a grove of money trees? Having said that,, tent cities are not "just now' springing up. Some of them have been there for years.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    No shit, Dick Tracey. If you had read the article, you would've known there was no need to add this on.

4. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,449
    The US is the richest nation on earth by a wide margin

5. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    They have politicized tent cities, this is sad. BTW Tent Cities is what Seattlites know them as.

The only problem is that people keep fighting them, many actually prefer to live in them. It's a low cost lifestyle and humanity doesn't need houses to live in. I have actually fought for their right to exist, the problem is that people are making it illegal to camp in the wilderness so they have to move into the urban areas (where people see them more), then they rant and rave about the non-existent increase in crime as an excuse to push them away.

6. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Wrong, we owe more money than we make.

7. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    And whether we WERE the richest nation on the planet or not is irrelevant.... just because one exists does not entitle one to suck off the tit of society or have your needs taken care of by the labor of another... in our nation based on freedom and liberty, you have the opportunity to fail that goes hand-in-hand with the opportunity to succeed.. it is supposed to be on your merits, your efforts, your labors, your endeavors, your choices, your ideas, and your gumption... not just given to you for the simple fact that you exist

Personally.. if I am in need of a place to stay, I am not against working 2 or 3 jobs... putting forth the effort to find out what it takes to go from entry level to a better position... going to the library to read education and certification books to advance my knowledge and increase demand for my knowledge... spending money on a suit from goodwill rather than buying a case of beer and a carton of smokes... looking for organizations and charities or individuals that offer job skills training, possibly in exchange for labor or services I can provide in return.... saving $25 a week so that I can pay for a class at the community college in the next semester to boost my education background.... the list goes on...

But no... we have people like you who simply blame others for simply not giving you want you want or 'need' with no effort or contribution by you... you entitlement junkies sicken me

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    You probably shouldn't post articles and ask for opinions, VaSkank if yer just gonna get all upset about the answers. It doesn't make you look too smart.

But to answer your question, no it doesn't. (Yes I read the article)

9. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    I asked a fair question, that you have refused to answer. However, you DID manage to accuse me of "blaming others". Please find where I did this and post it here, or I will await your apology for you being a liar.

10. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    I understand your opinion and it is probably warranted. HOWEVER, the poster I responded to didn't even bother to answer my question. Instead, he went straight into excuse mode for the tent cities. That tells me he has an agenda. What does that tell you?