And there Obama does it again> XXXX the retirees of the military

"some people are smart enough not to be grunts and gun bunnies."

Just another shining example of an extremist liberal mindset that demeans someone who provides protection while they absorb the protections that others provide.

Boosh legacy is still running some things, get over it.The DOD wrote the contract during Boosh so it was approved by Boosh.

Here's what I don't understand about you left wing retards.

1-Clinton was the best prez eva!
2- Bush came in and dominated Clintons policies and took control. Made the tax cuts and a few things I didn't agree with but he took control and ran the country.
3- Obama is the latest best prez eva! But can't even over rule what Bush did that needs fixed, can't take control of any phase of governing, has zero leadership. But I guess he looks good on The View.

If your fave president can't fix what you deem as Bush's failures in four years you have hinged your hopes on one pathetic piece of shit.

Bush was a good president, he allowed me and many other vets to get healthcare and GI bill benefits that Reagan cut us off from.

Why can't Obama do that?

I'm ok with that. Unless the veteran in question is seeking treating for a war wound.

It's very clear that you have no idea what 20+ years in the military can do to a body. But thats ok, we do it so you don't have to.

I live 50 miles to the nearest VA. I have no problem driving to fayetteville, Arkansas to get medical treatment. You think the millitary is tough, try laying brick, block and stone for 30 years.Better yet, 12 years of football playing.

When you pay the military the kind of wages those folks make you might have a point, but then again I've never seen a brick layer or football player doing their job with folks shooting at them. Try working on a two way rifle range and get back to me.

I'm ok with that. Unless the veteran in question is seeking treating for a war wound.

You do realize that part of the contract the government entered into when these soldiers signed up was that they receive lifetime healthcare, right? Considering their wages are about 25% of private sector it was a benefit that these veterans relied on, and now our government is reneging on it.

But they can bail out the UAW while fucking over the pensions of non-union workers at Delphi...

Go find any thread about government employees needing to renegotiate and then apply that same argument here.

So then why did the UAW not lose a fucking PENNY?

And you're all good with unilaterally 'renegotiating' with the men and women who risked their lives on our behalf? On our WORD??

'Traitorous bitch' is a term that quickly comes to mind.

Damn that Bush was one smart fucking guy. He's still running the country even with the savior in chief in office. Is there any chance over the next four years obama will actually do something presidential or are we just going to keep blaming W?

Was Bush president when it was decided or not? If he was, why should Obama take the blame?

Bush decided to do allot of things that Maobama changed, are you saying he is incapable of changing this, or if he chooses not to he would have no responsibility?

It's very clear that you have no idea what 20+ years in the military can do to a body. But thats ok, we do it so you don't have to.

I spent 20 years in the military, use Tricare Prime and live more than 40 miles from a military treatment facility and I have no problem with losing prime.

Wait until you trun 65 and get to shell out a couple of grand a year for medicare just to keep tricare standard.

So, my husband was promised free healthcare if he did 20 years in service. He did 25 .. Bill CLinton took the free healthcare away so now he pays. Now Obama wants to take more. I am sorry but my husband did the time he needs to get his benefits just like anyone else who does a job and signed a contract. If they want to change it , do it to the new ones so they know what they are getting so they can do their career accordingly . You think anyone would stay in that long if they did not get benefits. Be prepared for drafts now if this is the case

Under TRICARE Standard, beneficiaries can choose their own physicians and pay no annual enrollment fee. But when they need care, retirees must cover 25 percent of allowable charges. Retirees also have an annual deductible of $150 for the individual or $300 per family. Total out-of-pocket costs, however, are capped at $3000 per family.

In most Prime service areas, about half of eligible retirees already choose to use Standard rather than enroll in the network.

The end of Prime outside of 40-mile "catchment" areas of military treatment facilities has been anticipated since 2007, when Defense officials drafted the third generation of TRICARE support contracts. It called for returning the managed care option to its original concept of being a backup network to military clinics and hospitals when they can't provide managed care to all beneficiaries living nearby or in areas where bases have been closed and military health facilities shuttered.

adding a little bit more to Moon's post. This shows just how fucking retarded the Op is. This is why i skip most people's links. They never say what the Op wants them to say and it gets old proving them wrong.

Dead lovebear, go back to school, maybe first grade and learn how to read before posting here again. As you can tell you , can't read.

Im not really sure what cons have a problem with the BOLD part. That is more in line with Private insurance anyways. They should be happy about this. Or are they advocating for Government healthcare?

Hey plasma Go suck Obama's dick. Did you use all your WIC Checks this month. I am glad my tax dollars are paying for your kids to eat. How about your food stamps. Did you enjoy that steak on our tax dollars. Why dont you get a real job that pays real money and quit leaching off the government. My husband did not leach. He earned every penny he takes home in retirement . Plus I work and he works another full time job ..

Under TRICARE Standard, beneficiaries can choose their own physicians and pay no annual enrollment fee. But when they need care, retirees must cover 25 percent of allowable charges. Retirees also have an annual deductible of $150 for the individual or $300 per family. Total out-of-pocket costs, however, are capped at $3000 per family.

In most Prime service areas, about half of eligible retirees already choose to use Standard rather than enroll in the network.

The end of Prime outside of 40-mile "catchment" areas of military treatment facilities has been anticipated since 2007, when Defense officials drafted the third generation of TRICARE support contracts. It called for returning the managed care option to its original concept of being a backup network to military clinics and hospitals when they can't provide managed care to all beneficiaries living nearby or in areas where bases have been closed and military health facilities shuttered.

adding a little bit more to Moon's post. This shows just how fucking retarded the Op is. This is why i skip most people's links. They never say what the Op wants them to say and it gets old proving them wrong.

Dead lovebear, go back to school, maybe first grade and learn how to read before posting here again. As you can tell you , can't read.

Im not really sure what cons have a problem with the BOLD part. That is more in line with Private insurance anyways. They should be happy about this. Or are they advocating for Government healthcare?

Hey plasma Go suck Obama's dick. Did you use all your WIC Checks this month. I am glad my tax dollars are paying for your kids to eat. How about your food stamps. Did you enjoy that steak on our tax dollars. Why dont you get a real job that pays real money and quit leaching off the government. My husband did not leach. He earned every penny he takes home in retirement . Plus I work and he works another full time job ..

Um how about you stick to your fake topic and fake outrage.

Im sure you got a "job". making " money" to help pay the "bills"....I bet it involves a lot of sucking.

So, my husband was promised free healthcare if he did 20 years in service. He did 25 .. Bill CLinton took the free healthcare away so now he pays. Now Obama wants to take more. I am sorry but my husband did the time he needs to get his benefits just like anyone else who does a job and signed a contract. If they want to change it , do it to the new ones so they know what they are getting so they can do their career accordingly . You think anyone would stay in that long if they did not get benefits. Be prepared for drafts now if this is the case

You are a grade A retard. This program was pushed in 07 under Bush, not Obama you fucking moron.

Try reading your own damn links for once. and then go pluck you chin hairs.

You just spout and spout and spout...without ever looking into the facts.

If the recruiter promises you free health care for life, turn around and run (or find another recruiter).

Seriously, up until the mid 1980s, recruiters were promising just that. It wasn't their fault -- up until that time there was free health care for life. Any military retiree, and their immediate families, could get care (space available) at any military medical facility. That law hasn't really changed. What has changed is the "space availability" of health care.

As a result of down-sizing, 35 percent of the military hospitals that existed in the United States in 1987 are closed today. Several dozen others have cut services. The number of doctors, nurses and medical technicians in military service has declined along with the number of other service members.

What the Recruiter Never Told You

Congressional Research Service, which provides analysis for Congress, issued a 2003 report that found veterans were not entitled to free medical care for life, even though they may have been promised exactly that by their recruiters.

Since 1956, veterans and their families can be treated at military medical facilities "subject to the availability of space and facilities and the capabilities of the medical and dental staff," the report found.

"They have no right to military health care and the military services have total discretion in when and under what circumstances retirees and their dependents will get care in military treatment facilities," the report said.

Several veterans have taken their claims to court, alleging that recruiters promised them free medical care, but one court ruled that such promises did not constitute a contract, the report said.

Moreover, since recruiters do not have the authority to make such promises, there is no way to enforce them, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled in 2002. The Supreme Court later refused to hear the case, ending the matter.

Do veterans have a right to free health care for life?

171,000 Retirees Likely To Lose Tricare Prime

171,000 Retirees Likely To Lose TRICARE Prime Option

With the presidential election over, Defense officials are expected to announce soon that military retirees and their dependents living more than 40 miles from a military treatment facility or base closure site will lose access to TRICARE Prime, the military's managed care option.

These beneficiaries would be expected to shift to TRICARE Standard, their fee-for-service insurance option, which would mean an increase in out-of-pocket costs for beneficiaries who are frequent users of health services.

A total of 171,000 retirees and dependents are expected to have to shift coverage when remote Prime networks go away. Tentative plans are for this to occur April 1 in the West Region, which would coincide with UnitedHealth Military and Veterans Services taking over the region's support contract from TriWest Healthcare Alliance after 16 years.

Aren't these the same people the CONS have been calling "takers" because they're part of the 47%? :eusa_eh:
No, you retard. Veterans have earned their benefits.

Progressives have trouble understanding that concept.

You do realize that part of the contract the government entered into when these soldiers signed up was that they receive lifetime healthcare, right? Considering their wages are about 25% of private sector it was a benefit that these veterans relied on, and now our government is reneging on it.

But they can bail out the UAW while fucking over the pensions of non-union workers at Delphi...
Remember, according to leftists, union workers do more for society than the military.

Yes, the morons really do believe that.

Liberals defend cutting military and veteran benefits because they don't deserve it according to them.

Meanwhile liberals will give poor people free shit just for exisiting within our border....insane.

See post 23

See post 23

That's moronic. Why the fuck would a retired military person, who joined and stayed in based on some not even great benefits at the time, have to keep renegotiating those same benefits 20 years after retirement when the veteran lived up to everything in his side of the contract? That's the same thing as saying that a person who retired from a corporation would have to just deal with it if they later wanted to take his 401k money away 20 years after he retired. It's BS.

171,000 Retirees Likely To Lose TRICARE Prime Option

With the presidential election over, Defense officials are expected to announce soon that military retirees and their dependents living more than 40 miles from a military treatment facility or base closure site will lose access to TRICARE Prime, the military's managed care option.

These beneficiaries would be expected to shift to TRICARE Standard, their fee-for-service insurance option, which would mean an increase in out-of-pocket costs for beneficiaries who are frequent users of health services.

A total of 171,000 retirees and dependents are expected to have to shift coverage when remote Prime networks go away. Tentative plans are for this to occur April 1 in the West Region, which would coincide with UnitedHealth Military and Veterans Services taking over the region's support contract from TriWest Healthcare Alliance after 16 years.

Aren't these the same people the CONS have been calling "takers" because they're part of the 47%? :eusa_eh:

No these were people that entered into a contract for service rendered. The gov't made the contract, and now, the dear leader is pretending that all the history of this nations' laws no longer apply because he is "king". It is just another example of how deceitful and corrupt this man is. He probably has a debauchery party to go to tonight, and wants to make sure there will be enough funds for him to attend parties for his next term.

I live 50 miles to the nearest VA. I have no problem driving to fayetteville, Arkansas to get medical treatment. You think the millitary is tough, try laying brick, block and stone for 30 years.Better yet, 12 years of football playing.

You would almost have a point if you were being shot at while laying bricks or playing football. Nice job trying to equate the two with military service.

some people are smart enough not to be grunts and gun bunnies.
Some people are stupid enough to shit on those who defend this nation right before Veterans Day.

Nevertheless, you hold a common leftist belief, that the military is less educated than the rest of the population.

Reality, however, proves you wrong:

Military Recruiting Standards | Demographics of Military Personnel

Contrary to popular perceptions, America's enlisted troops are not poorly educated. Previous Heritage Foundation studies found that enlisted troops were significantly more likely to have a high school education than their peers. This is still the case. Only 1.4 percent of enlisted recruits in 2007 had not graduated from high school or completed a high school equivalency degree, compared to 20.8 percent of men ages 18 to 24. America's soldiers are less likely than civilians to be high school dropouts.

The military requires at least 90 percent of enlisted recruits to have high school diplomas.[6] Most enlisted recruits do not have a college degree because they enlist before they would attend college. However, many recruits use the educational benefits offered by the military to attend college after they leave the armed forces.

More evidence of the quality of America's enlisted forces comes from the standardized Armed Forces Qualifying Test (AFQT) that the military administers to all recruits. Over two-thirds of enlisted recruits scored above the 50th percentile on the AFQT. The military tightly restricts how many recruits it accepts with scores below the 30th percentile, and only 2.3 percent of recruits in 2007 scored between the 21st and 30th percentiles (Category IVA; see Chart 3). The military does not accept any recruits in the bottom 20 percent.​
2511343FF62D7E4F3A582D198C178223.gif

Forum List

Back