And the Chutzpah of the Year Award goes to...

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
being a former air traffic controller I can tell you that washington airspace is a roller coaster of flight routes designed to prevent overflying areas such as the white house and pentagon. I don't know if the said airliner was on or off this particular course.

airplanes do have cell phones, however, if I remember right, some of the victims family members said that a personal cellphone had been used to call them on the flight. Thats why I asked about wireless limitation. I DO know that electronics that use RF technology damage circuits in the cockpit so that would be telling somewhere.

very good question

Were you working as an atc in Iad or Dca? - Just curious.
I used to work in Iad.

How does that downed airliner end up with less wreckage than can fit into your pocket while big luggage and loose socks are in trees. -no flames or anything. -all inside of 10 minutes when the local emergency teams arrived on the scene.

People saw it get shot down.

How would shooting down an airliner reduce the amount of wreckage?

How would shooting down an airliner change the oxidation potential of the debris?

Originally posted by winston churchi
Were you working as an atc in Iad or Dca? - Just curious.
I used to work in Iad.

Neither, I was a marine air traffic controller stationed at Cherry point NC.

To all:

I understand your disagreement with my perspective. That I have no issue with. I have no issue with opposing opinion either. I just wanted to make it known that if we were not going to subject some oddball concepts to the same scrutiny AFTER explaination as we did BEFORE explaination, then I am wasting everyones time even bringing these things up. That is why I would not further the discussion of them.

-That being said, from people who agree with me to the people who don't (and who may get rather verbal about it), I have no issue with. I like the board and all that is presented.

Now that all the fluff is done with, I would say that we DO have some records available to fully investigate these questions if we want to. The problem I face in proving my point is twofold:

1. If I spill it all out onto the table with charts and graphs, that doesn't make up anyones mind. If there is no desire for facts, it is a moot point.
2. For anyone to get their thirst for answers quenched, it requires a desire for researching truth personally, not taking the word of another.

In this regard, I threw out the info on:

A Cheyney interview that millions saw and which can be aquired on video,not to mention transcripts

Fact as to Cel phone technology which can be looked up.

Information on government zero tolerance policy on air traffic around the pentagon. -which can be found as well.

For those interested in doing the research, I wish them well. They are about to learn some things. For others, that is fine too since we all have our areas of focus. I however, will continue to throw stuff out when I can to get people to understand there is more going on than what we see.

Lots of interesting reading in this thread.

Thanks for the links Aquarian. I can honestly say I read most of them... I'm gonna bump this thread back up to the top for when I get home this evening and have more time, I'd like to go through all the links alot better.

I'd be willing to look at some of these theories with an open mind. I am a bit curious as to the Ashcroft article, but I'll read up on that later.

The Flight 93 thing also has me wanting to read a bit more into it. Honestly, that plane flew right over my house and crashed less than 30 miles away. I have heard local eyewitness stories claim it was quite possibly shot down, (on the flip side, i've also heard those say it definitely crashed). I think I'll read a bit more on that subject as well.

As far as the cell phone is concerned: I'm almost positive they do work on airplanes.

Not that I am digging it up again, because I am not, but for clarification:

I was referring to the cel phones in production and use at the time that did not have the technology to work above the towers as they were when the calls were placed.

These are the cel phones of the individuals, not the airplane phones.

I was referring to the cel phones in production and use at the time that did not have the technology to work above the towers as they were when the calls were placed.

Right.... I flew to Florida in May of 2002. Granted I was a bit shitfaced (hafta be to get on a plane)... I used my own personal cell phone while in route. I flew from BWI (Baltimore Washington International) to Jacksonville.

On second thought... there was a period of the flight where I did not have service. But that was cruising altitude. As far as Flight 93 is concerned, they were cruising at low altitude. We could actually see the airplane.

I'd be interested to see their altitudes as compared to the time lines. The phone calls coming from Flight 93 were being dispatched straight to Somerset County 911 Center... this is a relatively small populated area. One of those places where you sneeze and within 5 minutes, neighbors from blocks away are calling to say "Bless You". I doubt that would be something easily covered up, especially to us "locals".

Forum List

Back