Saddam Warned of WTC Attack Before 9/11

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Saddam Warned of WTC Attack Before 9/11, Praised bin Laden Afterward

Why did the Bush administration immediately suspect that Iraq was behind the 9/11 attacks when there was no evidence of any connection, as Richard Clarke and other Bush critics maintain?

Maybe it was because there was indeed evidence - very dramatic evidence, in fact - in the form of warnings in the state-run Iraqi press that such an attack was coming, along with praise for Osama bin Laden and his kamikaze hijackers in the days after the World Trade Center was destroyed.

On July 21, 2001, less than two months before 9/11, the state-controlled Iraqi newspaper Al-Nasiriya carried a column headlined "America, An Obsession Called Osama Bin Ladin." In the piece, Baath Party writer Naeem Abd Muhalhal predicted that bin Laden would attack the U.S. "with the seriousness of the Bedouin of the desert about the way he will try to bomb the Pentagon after he destroys the White House."

The same state-approved column also insisted that bin Laden "will strike America on the arm that is already hurting," and that the U.S. "will curse the memory of Frank Sinatra every time he hears his songs" - an apparent reference to the Sinatra classic "New York, New York." (Two 9/11 families were awarded over $100 million last May by U.S. District Court Judge Harold Baer based on this and other evidence that Iraq was involved in 9/11.)

Read the rest here:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/3/28/85938.shtml

The same state-approved column also insisted that bin Laden "will strike America on the arm that is already hurting," and that the U.S. "will curse the memory of Frank Sinatra every time he hears his songs" - an apparent reference to the Sinatra classic "New York, New York."

Is this the crap we pay our intelligence to de-code?! It sounds like a trope from a palm reader.

But seriously, intelligence probably gets stuff like this everyday and has to sort out what appears to be a real threat, and what is propaganda. I mean, how were we supposed to get "two planes will crash into the WTC towers" out of an Iraqi reference to Frank Sinatra? It's impossible. Which is why these hearings are pointless, unless their purely for catharic affect.

jimnyc....GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!

Why have our oil stocks gone up? Bush was praying for a good reason to go in there. "Weapons of Mass Destrcution" and defense after 9/11 were answers to his prayers. All thoe who think otherwise can continue to believe those BS details in those BS articles but look and at the larger picture...WE FOUND NOTHING!

Originally posted by Rosanna730
jimnyc....GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!

Why have our oil stocks gone up? Bush was praying for a good reason to go in there. "Weapons of Mass Destrcution" and defense after 9/11 were answers to his prayers. All thoe who think otherwise can continue to believe those BS details in those BS articles but look and at the larger picture...WE FOUND NOTHING!

All I did was post the article, stupid bitch. :finger:

Just because this appeared in an iraqi newspaper doesn't mean Saddam knew about it. I don't know about you guys, but from those "clues" I sure as hell couldn't tell they were talking about 9/11. For all I know, Al-Nasiriya could be the equivelent of those grocery store papers saying bat boy is fighting in Iraq.

Forum List

Back