And The Beat Goes On

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by SAYIT, Sep 14, 2012.

1. SAYIT

SAYIT Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,727
    Anti-American fury sweeps Middle East over film - Yahoo! News

KHARTOUM/TUNIS (Reuters) - Fury about a film that insults the Prophet Mohammad tore across the Middle East after weekly prayers on Friday with protesters attacking U.S. embassies and burning American flags as the Pentagon rushed to bolster security at its missions.

At least seven people were killed as local police struggled to repel assaults after weekly Muslim prayers in Tunisia and Sudan, while there was new violence in Egypt and Yemen and across the Muslim world, driven by emotions ranging from piety to anger at Western power to frustrations with local leaders and poverty.

A Taliban attack on a base in Afghanistan that killed two Americans may also have been timed to coincide with protests.

2. MJB12741

MJB12741 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,064
    How many times have Muslims portrayed Christians & Jews as apes & pigs? How many times have they taught hatred to their children against Christians & Jews. And how many times have Christians & Jews reacted to their religious denegration like Muslims do to theirs?

3. pbel

pbel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +907
    Hey MJ, yesterday I accused you of padding your posts to keep it going when people loose interest...today I noticed your new posts but less posts in the count provided by USMB.

Are you cheatintg by de4leting your old posts, "ol Snake in the grass? I guess you don't want to hit the thousand mark and look like the repetitious fool that you are.

I don't blame you.

4. MJB12741

MJB12741 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,064
    Pbel. Have you any idea how embarrasing it is to have Zionists laughing at me for starting a thread dedicated to Palestinian contributions to peace, mankind & civilization? Last check was at 5790 replies & ZERO is the number of Palestinian contributions listed. Please Pbel, save me by listing a Palestinian contribution to peace, mankind & civilization on the thread. Bless you for helping me.

5. MJB12741

MJB12741 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,064
    Also Pbel I am just curious, why is it that many of my posts set all time records in number of participants & replies whereas yours are dead on arrival?

6. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,990
    I'm sure you mean some Muslims, right? I'm sure you know there is a difference between political Islam and the religious faith of individual Muslims. A day after the attack on our embassy in Libya, the streets there were filled with Muslims protesting against the film and the attack on our embassy. While the violence is widespread, it is being committed by relatively few people, and while most Muslims may share their anger about the film, just as Jews and Christians would be angered by such films about their religions or cultures, there is no reason to assume most Muslims support the attacks. Jews should be especially sensitive to the pain negative stereotypes can cause and the types of horror they can be used to justify.

Most days, this board no longer discusses politics or even ideologies. It has allowed a few posters to drag it into the gutter where it deals with nothing but racist stereotypes. It's enough. Most of us are better than that.

7. MJB12741

MJB12741 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,064
    Pbel, are you okay little buddy. Time to chime in.

8. Lipush

Lipush Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,281
    It must be the Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos' fault.

9. ForeverYoung436

ForeverYoung436 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,401
    A Muslim soldier (one of the few in the U.S. Army) killing his fellow comrades in Fort Hood was the Jews' fault too.
    So was the USS Cole.
    And 9/11.
    And the American Embassies in Africa.
    And now this.
    Yet Muslims are great American patriots, when they are not killing Americans.

10. ForeverYoung436

ForeverYoung436 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,401
    Although most Muslims didn't participate in these riots, as usual we don't hear Muslim leaders and imams condemning these attacks in the strongest terms.